Marvel Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorites (so far)?

Iron Man (2008)
9%
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
1%
Iron Man 2 (2010)
1%
Thor (2011)
1%
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
4%
The Avengers (2012)
8%
Iron Man 3 (2013)
1%
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
1%
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
9%
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
9%
The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
2%
Ant-Man (2015)
1%
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
6%
Doctor Strange (2016)
2%
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 (2017)
4%
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
3%
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
7%
Black Panther (2018)
2%
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
11%
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
1%
Captain Marvel (2019)
1%
Avengers: Endgame (2019)
9%
Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
4%

Total votes: 403

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

The synopsis says it does.

After the events of Avengers: Endgame, Peter Parker goes on a school trip to Europe with his friends. While abroad, he is recruited by Nick Fury to team up with Mysterio to battle the Elementals.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

It looks like Black Widow will start filming next month.

https://screenrant.com/black-widow-movi ... tart-date/

I also heard that it might be the first R rated MCU movie.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Rhedosaurus wrote:I also heard that it might be the first R rated MCU movie.
Over 20 MCU films and now they decide to make a movie R Rated?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:I also heard that it might be the first R rated MCU movie.
Over 20 MCU films and now they decide to make a movie R Rated?
Which as I said before other than over necessary F bombs, over necessary gore or a naked Scar Jo do we really need Black Widow to be R rated?
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

miguelnuva wrote:Which as I said before other than over necessary F bombs, over necessary gore or a naked Scar Jo do we really need Black Widow to be R rated?
Agreed I feel this is a cash in on Deadpool's 1 & 2 success. It doesn't even need to be R rated to begin with given the Punisher NetFlix series alone.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

F-Bombs would be necessary to add for a sense of realism. So as long if they are used in instances in which people would realistically say them.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

LegendZilla wrote:F-Bombs would be necessary to add for a sense of realism. So as long if they are used in instances in which people would realistically say them.
So they should be saying them every other fucking sentence? How real people fucking talk doesn't make for great fucking writing.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:F-Bombs would be necessary to add for a sense of realism. So as long if they are used in instances in which people would realistically say them.
So they should be saying them every other fucking sentence? How real people fucking talk doesn't make for great fucking writing.
Yeah, then you get dialogue like The Predator where it sounds like a middle schooler learned what swear words are.

Added in 1 minute 30 seconds:
I honestly hope it's "R-rated" in the same sense that Daredevil is TV-MA. No excessive swearing, just realistic violence and more adult themes.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Why would I suggest they say it every sentence?

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

*Looks Around*

Does this mean Widow is going to get her "Peaks" out?

I'm so sorry...
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Grievous wrote:*Looks Around*

Does this mean Widow is going to get her "Peaks" out?

I'm so sorry...
Don't be sorry Grievous, because I was gonna make a joke about her assets too :lol:
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Don't be sorry Grievous, because I was gonna make a joke about her assets too :lol:
Nice...

And there is always Under The Skin (2013)...

:thumbsup:

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

Grievous wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Don't be sorry Grievous, because I was gonna make a joke about her assets too :lol:
Nice...

And there is always Under The Skin (2013)...

:thumbsup:
That's only reason to watch that movie and I found it hilarious watching her drive around were i live, in a creepy van.

For real, I think a Black Widow movie would work and if they do go R rated with it, then all the better I'll say. As long as it's not about her origin, the character works better the less we know about her past.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Continuing this from the NECA thread:
Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:He's driven to accomplish his goal and shows some emotion with Gamora, and yet ultimately nobody is gonna sympathize with his plan to kill half of all life.
But...do we have to sympathize with him? Your post makes it seem like a villain has to be sympathetic to be good. Isn't the point of a villain to be the bad guy? Thanos' plan, his life, his ambitions, none of these are sympathetic. But that's what makes him a good villain in my eyes. Nothing he does is right, he's a warmongering psychopath with a disturbed view on how to fix a problem. The ambition and passion he has for his "solution" despite being so incredibly wrong is what makes him so compelling to me. He's not the most complex villain in the world but...sometimes that's okay. You don't need an entire novel when a paragraph will suffice.

I don't think it's really fair to compare Killmonger and Thanos. They're two completely different villains in two completely different films. Killmonger thrived in a self-contained story that could more easily commentate on current political issues as well as develop and present its own characters. Thanos was right at home in a large comic book pop culture crossover extravaganza that tied all ends together and created a new conflict for the past heroes to fight. Again, Thanos may not have been as deeply explored as Killmonger, but I don't think that's really a fair argument. And, IMO at least, what development Thanos had in IW was pretty good but his story's also only halfway finished.

But at the end of the day, I don't think either IW nor BP deserve the Best Picture award but if I had to choose between the two, I would definitely agree that BP should take the spot, even if I preferred IW as a movie.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

A villain that's a straight bad guy with a couple of character moments is worse than one who speaks hard truths and is tied to political and social issues. No I don't think sympathy alone makes a villain good but it certainly helps get the audience engaged, and it's part of what Killmonger holds over Thanos.

I'll quote Godzilla21's post in the NECA thread later today I need to do something lol
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Honestly this whole r/didnothingwrong movement is starting to disturb me. I mean you got people saying they'd be okay with the death of billions because "They were against the Empire" without a hint of irony

That's a wee disturbing
Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote: hard truths and is tied to political and social issues.

I'll say one thing on this. The Winter Soldier handled it's politics of the helicarriers and the antagonist group's planned elimination of people who held opposing views to the antagonists well. It didn't overtake the plot

But can we please keep our politics out of our entertainment. Entertainment is supposed to be this place where people can abandon their troubles, relax, and be somewhat united in their combined viewing. Entertainment to me is supposed to be about taking the viewer on an adventure, see sights we can't see in real life, expand the imagination, go anywhere

There will always be a place for politics (see: Doctor Strangelove and Gojira) but for the love of god the rampant Political messages on screen for the past few years have been disastrous all it's done is divide people further and further apart.
Last edited by ROMG4 on Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

ROMG4 wrote:Honestly this whole r/didnothingwrong movement is starting to disturb me. I mean you got people saying they'd be okay with the death of billions because "They were against the Empire" without a hint of irony

That's a wee disturbing
That and r/EmpireDidNothingWrong are meme subreddits. Don't read too deeply into them.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
ROMG4 wrote:Honestly this whole r/didnothingwrong movement is starting to disturb me. I mean you got people saying they'd be okay with the death of billions because "They were against the Empire" without a hint of irony

That's a wee disturbing
That and r/EmpireDidNothingWrong are meme subreddits. Don't read too deeply into them.
You'd be surprised how far some people can take something from it's original intention. I've run into multiple people that have completely missed the meme part of it and gone full on crazy mode and there isn't a single drop of irony coming from them.

That and the people who got legitimately upset over Thanos being labeled a psychopath only convinces me further that people have gone full on loco

They're too crazy even for me and I know crazy
Last edited by ROMG4 on Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Alright.

The subs are still meme subreddits. It's not a "movement" just because someone's stupid enough to believe in the goals of a fictional character. Crazies will be crazy.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

ROMG4 wrote:That and the people who got legitimately upset over Thanos being labeled a psychopath only convinces me further that people have gone full on loco
But Thanos is a psychopath...

An incredibly compelling, intelligent & powerful psychopath who
believes what he has done was right...but a psychopath none the
less.