Marvel Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorites (so far)?

Iron Man (2008)
9%
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
1%
Iron Man 2 (2010)
1%
Thor (2011)
1%
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
4%
The Avengers (2012)
8%
Iron Man 3 (2013)
2%
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
1%
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
9%
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
9%
The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
3%
Ant-Man (2015)
1%
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
6%
Doctor Strange (2016)
2%
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 (2017)
4%
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
4%
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
7%
Black Panther (2018)
3%
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
11%
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
1%
Captain Marvel (2019)
1%
Avengers: Endgame (2019)
9%
Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
4%

Total votes: 398

Spuro
Keizer

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by Spuro »

UltramanGoji wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:56 pm The pandemic is partly responsible for so much at once, everything was fine until it needed to be pushed back and Kevin Feige refused a Premier Access deal for Black Widow. If he didn't resist, we'd have gotten BW and likely Shang-Chi last year with Eternals and No Way Home this year.
No... I was getting hit with Marvel fatigue long before Covid. That's why I jumped ship with Endgame.

In three years time, the MCU is going to have as many films in fifteen years as the Godzilla series has had in seventy. That is insanity. Even now it's already almost overtaken the sixty-year-old James Bond franchise.

If they slowed down and stuck to releasing one movie a year, then maybe fatigue wouldn't have set in for me. But the truth is, it's been too much ever since Phase 3.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I don't know why you're quoting me when I wasn't even responding to your or talking about anything to do with your fatigue.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

UltramanGoji wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:07 am I don't know why you're quoting me when I wasn't even responding to your or talking about anything to do with your fatigue.
You are green you are the fundamental color manifestation of fatigue, entropy, sickness, death. Its easy mistake to make for sure

It ain't easy being green

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Although I love myself some Marvel, it is a dizzying amount of content to take in for the next 5 years. Shows as well as movies. I do have to wonder how newcomers can jump onboard, and at what point (if any) the established lore will grow too large to easily sink your teeth into, so to speak.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Rurouni Senator
Yojimbo

Post by Rurouni Senator »

I'm happy to see two others beside me chose The Incredible Hulk as one of their favorite MCU movies, that movie is a lot of fun.
I also chose Ant-Man, Thor Ragnarok, Captain America the First Avenger, and Iron Man 3.

I felt exhausted last two times I did a marathon of the whole film series, that fatigue made me realize I'm not suited for such a marathon.

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

The thing about them doing so many movies is that they sorta have to. Comics are such a huge medium, with so many characters and stories to be told. Just think about the hugely important characters we haven't seen yet. X-Men, Fantastic Four, you know. Honestly the MCU would be better served as multiple TV series, but as it is movies are how it's going to go for now. At least they are branching out into other genres. Now they can be "movies with superheroes" not just "superhero movies".

Not trying to argue with those of you who are feeling fatigue, I get it. Just pointing out why they need to make so much.
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

1973GXMSITB
Ronin

Post by 1973GXMSITB »

Honestly, I didn't like Falcon and WS all that much, and WandaVision started off as something cool and unique until they worked in all that silly SWORD stuff in there and derailed most of it. I have no interest in Loki, The Eternals, or anything else coming out. And even prior to that, I only thought the last Spider-Man movie was kind of sort of ok-ish, but nowhere near as good as Sony's totally lit Miles Morales cartoon movie.

I think Endgame pretty much ended the MCU for me. Its a good place to walk away and move onto something else, no? Yes? Maybe?

I don't know. But I think I might be done with the MCU.

Actually, I'm having a ton of fun watching Japanese Transformers shows I never watched. Headmasters, Masterforce, and Victory were all pretty fun and stuff!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

WV and TFAWS started with interesting ideas, then fumbled them in execution, so about the norm.

8 films in like a year sounds gross honestly.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

The Eternals are here!

Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Mon May 24, 2021 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:39 am The Eternals are here!
Looks like nothing I've ever seen from Marvel, which is beautiful. Very excited to see what Chloe Zhao brings to the table.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Mon May 24, 2021 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Of course the trailer proves they've been watching everything that unfolded up until now. Why they didn't view Thanos as a significant enough threat is anyones guess. Maybe they thought half the universe's population was a justifiable sacrifice so didn't see a reason to intervene?
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Ok, I’m definitely interested in this now. Hope it lives up to the hype
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Resized Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Am I the only one who thinks it looks dull? I'm sure the movie will have that typical MCU feel and look to it, but the trailer really doesn't do anything for me. It just looks like another run of the mill fantasy film set in modern day. Regardless, I'll be checking it out. Really hope I'm wrong. I remember predicting that GoTG could be Marvel's first big flop and I'm so glad I was wrong.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Mon May 24, 2021 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I advocate an eventual full-fledged reboot of the MCU within the next 10 years. Do any of you think that's a good idea?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon May 24, 2021 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:19 pm I advocate the eventual full rebooting the MCU within the next 10 years. Do any of you think that's a good idea?
I think eventually they will reboot it to have new stories told, unless they start going full original for certain mantles (which is unlikely, but nonetheless possible). We may live to see the “old MCU canon” and the “new MCU canon” established

Resized Image

Rurouni Senator
Yojimbo

Post by Rurouni Senator »

UltramanGoji wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:40 am Looks like nothing I've ever seen from Marvel, which is beautiful. Very excited to see what Chloe Zhao brings to the table.
I don't know about that. It kinda reminds me of a strange combination of Inhumans and Guardians of the Galaxy, with a pinch of Legion.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:18 pm Am I the only one who thinks it looks dull? I'm sure the movie will have that typical MCU feel and look to it, but the trailer really doesn't do anything for me. It just looks like another run of the mill fantasy film set in modern day. Regardless, I'll be checking it out. Really hope I'm wrong. I remember predicting that GoTG could be Marvel's first big flop and I'm so glad I was wrong.
Yeah, I wasn't exactly blown away by the trailer, either. I've been pretty apathetic about this movie all along, given that I don't know anything about the Eternals, and the little bit of research I've done didn't turn up much that looked interesting. But yeah, I had no expectations for GoTG, either, and we all know how that turned out. We'll see.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

So supposedly Aaron Taylor Johnson is Kraven the Hunter? Make me wanna puke! Still haven't watched Age of Ultron because of him.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

ATJ is such a weird choice for Kraven. I don’t see it, I really can’t picture him as a convincing Kraven.

Resized Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Should have went to the guy who played Kano in the new Mortal Kombat movie. Hearing Kraven talk with an Australian accent would be awesome and you can't say he doesn't already have a sort of Kraven-ish look to him... And I just wanna see him in more big movies with a substantial role. He stole ever scene he was in.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?