General Transformers Discussion

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Re: General Transformers Discussion

Post by CyberZilla »

Weirdly excited for this project. Really interested in how they’ll translate the beast designs to live action
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

It's been announced in RISE OF THE BEASTS that Optimus Primal will be voiced by Hannibal Chau himself, Ron Pearlman. Who had voiced the Maximal Commander before in the Power of the Primes mini series. I was hoping they'd bring back the original, Gary Chalk, to voice him. I don't think we've ever had the OG Prime voices, Peter Cullen, and Chalk, interacting in some form on screen together.

On the subject of the Terrorcons. Another group using that moniker that might've slipped below the collective radars is the faction from TRANSFORMERS:Energon lead by Scorponok. Serving Alpha Quintesson ,along with Unicron. Maybe we'll be getting some variant on those characters ?

When I heard the title to next TF flick. I couldn't help but think of the final season of TRANSFORMERS PRIME, subtitled BEAST HUNTERS. And the Big Bad Predacon himself introduced in that series, Prediking. Thought for a moment seeing the orange logo of RISE he might be making a return in a new live action form.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

The One and Only
Futurian

Surprised this hasn't been posted as of yet. Just released yesterday the trailer to the bookend of the Netflix WAR FOR CYBERTRON Trilogy, KINGDOM. Featuring the Autobots and Decepticons crashing the BEAST WARS. Just in time for the Beast Wars' silver anniversary. Along with a surprise or two.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Regarding the upcoming Rise of the Beasts film, I can only pray that the film will be objectively good. Because if it isn't, I will truly be heartbroken. Especially since this may very well be our last chance to hear Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:33 am Regarding the upcoming Rise of the Beasts film, I can only pray that the film will be objectively good. Because if it isn't, I will truly be heartbroken. Especially since this may very well be our last chance to hear Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime.
Indeed so.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

This September Transformers the Movie is returning to theaters thanks to the good ol folks at Fathom Events for special 35th anniversary screenings. More news to be revealed during Habro's PulseCon Fan Fest. For two days only!

https://www.animationmagazine.net/featu ... niversary/
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Hopefully it will be safe to go. I missed out on the Fathom Events screening back in 2018 due to bad timing. TF:TM is one of my favorite films. I've probably watched it hundreds of times in my life. I saw it as a 10 year old kid back in 86 in the theater, but my own kids have never seen it on the BIG SCREEN. I'd love to take them if I can.

Also WFC Kingdom arrived today on Netflix. I know it isn't great...but after the cluster-- that happened with MOTU Revelation, WFC fares far better in comparison. 8-)
Last edited by o.supreme on Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I love the Transformers films. If I were to rank the Transformers movies:

Dark of the Moon
Transformers
Age of Extinction
The Last Knight
Revenge of the Fallen

I think I like 3 the most because of its alien invasion theme. I love those types of movies.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Greetings All,

It is hard to believe, it has been 20 years! On this date (Saturday) 9/8/01 that Robots in Disguise (the first animated series to have the subtitle, not to be confused with the 2015 follow up to TF : Prime) aired on Fox Kids. I remember recording it, and being fairly satisfied with how it was translated, and the characters personalities. However the history of the series goes back 18 months prior to that day, as the original Japanese version first aired on 4/5/2000.

I really enjoyed this series. Well...to be honest, I really enjoyed more so the original Car Robots version. By summer 2000, I had just finished obtaining BWII and Neo on VHS and was excited for Car Robots. I attended Botcon 2000 July 28-30 of that year. I had already obtained Fire Convoy and Gigatron from eBay, and was looking for newer characters. At the convention, I straight up traded my BC exclusives Shockaract and Apelinq for JRX and Baldigus, a decision I would still make all over again. I was also able to get the first 8 episodes of the series on VHS, raw (not subbed), and loved it.

2000 was still relatively early for internet videos. a few really bad copies of BM season 2 could be obtained early since YTV in Canada had aired them before Fox Kids in the U.S., but that show was just more of a chore to complete the BW saga. Car Robots got me excited about TF\'s again. Getting later episodes of the series on the internet was hit-and-miss, so you can imagine my excitement when Fox announced they wre dubbing the series.

20 years later, i appreciate the dub for what it is. However...Fox\'s handling of the show was criminal. Although it aired initially 6 days a week, the airtimes got very random especially on Saturdays. then 9/11 happened and that messed up everything. Some episodes were aired out of order. 3 were banned altogether (at least in the U.S.), leading some to wonder if they had even been dubbed at all. I mean this would nto be the first time that happened *cough* Ultraman Tiga *cough*

Anyway...The whole series (both high quality fan subs of Car Robots, and the RiD dub) are now on YouTube. I do have a Malaysian DVD set which was a nice cost effective alternative to trying to obtain long oop UK R2 DVD\'s. Unfortunately, since this series was produced by Saban Ent, and subsequently purchased by Disney, it was not part of the deal when Saban purchased *most* of their IP back, which ironically now rests with Hasbro. Disney I\'m pretty sure doesn't even know they have it, and Hasbro doesn't seem to be making any great efforts to get it back, which is a shame. I\'d defintely support a legit media release of this series.

In hindsight, I know it was just supposed to be "filler" until the first U.S./Japan co-produced series came out (Armada), but I\'ll be completely honest when I say I prefer Car Robots to any of the Unicron Trilogy. CR got me excited about Transformers again, and that true excitement wouldn't\'t come yet again until almost a decade later with Prime. Now since Prime ended in 2013, there have been some amazing toys in the Generations line, but I\'m still waiting for an animated series that looks great and gets me excited for the brand.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

I still find it odd that we are getting a Beast Wars movie that isn't set in the past

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

o.supreme wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:04 am Hopefully it will be safe to go. I missed out on the Fathom Events screening back in 2018 due to bad timing. TF:TM is one of my favorite films. I've probably watched it hundreds of times in my life. I saw it as a 10 year old kid back in 86 in the theater, but my own kids have never seen it on the BIG SCREEN. I'd love to take them if I can.

Got my ticket for Sunday!
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

One of the few movies where I know the dialogue almost word for word.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

The One and Only
Futurian

@#%$*& !!!!!!!! Announced tonight, TRANSFORMERS:Rise of the Beasts release will be pushed back to June 9, 2023. :mad: After watching the Netflix show War For Cybertron, and the conclusion of the trilogy, KINGDOM. With the Beast Wars characters meeting up with the G1 classics. Felt a little extra jazzed for this one.
https://tformers.com/transformers-rise- ... /news.html
Last edited by The One and Only on Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

The One and Only wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:24 am @#%$*& !!!!!!!! Announced tonight, TRANSFORMERS:Rise of the Beasts release will be pushed back to June 9, 2023. :mad: After watching the Netflix show War For Cybertron, and the conclusion of the trilogy, KINGDOM. With the Beast Wars characters meeting up with the G1 classics. Felt a little extra jazzed for this one.
https://tformers.com/transformers-rise- ... /news.html
I'm actually curious how much this delay has top do with the movie itself needing further work or perhaps waiting for the current shipping and supply lines crisis to end in order to ensure that the toy line makes it to shelves alongside the film.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Yeah, since it's Transformers it is important to consider the toys bc they're a big part of the profit.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

So I just finished Kingdom and I think,

Siege, Earthrise and Kingdom are some of the best love letters to the franchise I've seen since the WFC games. I'm not understanding the disdain i've seen for it? What's the general consensus?

We got to witness Quintessons, Unicron's presence, an Endgame moment, our favorite characters met their future selves in various forms preventing them from making their same exact mistakes as G1. The Beasts and Genwunners are now back in action, etc.

The only negatives I'd say are,

Beast Megatron sounded like nails on a chalkboard, and no Hot Rod, which isn't a big deal but it would've been cool to have him at least on the roster.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Not really a fan of TF, but I’d say nothing comes close to Prime for me. That show was a mastapeez!
For Emperor and Empire!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

_JNavs_ wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:15 am I'm not understanding the disdain i've seen for it? What's the general consensus?
The disdain comes from many factors, the most primary being that it's once again another bland and generic "THE WARRR" story from the Transformers franchise. It's an "adult-oriented" series that seems to think that things must be bleak, depressing and outright fucking boring to appeal to that demographic. Most adult Transformers fans aren't even pining for that type of stuff anyway, especially when they're mostly fans of stuff that's more all-ages oriented like G1, Animated or Beast Wars. There's nothing wrong with a smartly written, lighthearted show that makes this franchise FUN. That's what I felt Cyberverse was, nothing particularly exceptional but at least not just another dark and depressing war story. The team behind it were clearly massive fans of the franchise at whole and though it still was just an eleven minute toy commercial, they still managed to make things interesting by paying homage to so many aspects of the franchise in their own special way. The WFC Trilogy just didn't really have much heart to it. I disagree that it was a love letter to the franchise as most of its celebratory aspects were just marketing for the (admittedly really excellent) toy lines. Kingdom was a definite improvement over its preceding chapters but "slightly better than below average" still doesn't cut it.

Alternatively, the blatantly anti-union voice acting choices (a common thread throughout most Transformers media to this day, sadly) and stunted voice direction rightly pissed a good majority of fans off, including Peter Cullen and Frank Welker themselves:

Last edited by UltramanGoji on Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

I like the toys that came from the WFC trilogy and Kingdom got me interested in Beast Wars... That's all the good stuff I can think about the trilogy.

There are plenty of good ideas and bad fan service, but they're just so eh that I can't think of anything to say about them that UG hasn't said. The biggest thing I remember from Siege is that Wheeljack said "shit".
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Voyager wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:47 pm Not really a fan of TF, but I’d say nothing comes close to Prime for me. That show was a mastapeez!
They did my boy Breakdown dirty in Prime.
_JNavs_ wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:15 am So I just finished Kingdom and I think,

Siege, Earthrise and Kingdom are some of the best love letters to the franchise I've seen since the WFC games. I'm not understanding the disdain i've seen for it? What's the general consensus?

We got to witness Quintessons, Unicron's presence, an Endgame moment, our favorite characters met their future selves in various forms preventing them from making their same exact mistakes as G1. The Beasts and Genwunners are now back in action, etc.

The only negatives I'd say are,

Beast Megatron sounded like nails on a chalkboard, and no Hot Rod, which isn't a big deal but it would've been cool to have him at least on the roster.
God beast Megatron in that show sounded awful. Sounded more like Starscream than Megatron.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns