Any Friday the 13th fans here?

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
Mr. Xeno
Futurian

Re: Any Friday the 13th fans here?

Post by Mr. Xeno »

A little late on that news, Manda. :lol:

And we're gonna be waiting for a long time for another installment since Paramount officially canned a new movie after Rings bombed (which is as dumb as it sounds).

Although I agree that Jason X is awesome.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Definitely count me in the pro-Jason X group, too. I think overall it's the best one since Jason Lives.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

HOW is a movie bombing in another horror franchise directly related to Friday the 13th?!? :eh:

Paramount got the license back for a reason. I doubt it's going to languish on the shelf much longer...

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

MandaSaurus wrote:HOW is a movie bombing in another horror franchise directly related to Friday the 13th?!? :eh:

Paramount got the license back for a reason. I doubt it's going to languish on the shelf much longer...
Basically the "thinking" is that if a relaunch of a classic franchise like Rings doesn't fly with the audiences. Then it would be just throwing more money down the hole with another franchise relaunch.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Kenpachiro Hirata
Samurai

Post by Kenpachiro Hirata »

I love the first two films.

And then I love Jason Lives and Jason X becuase their humorous tongue in cheek nature.

The remake had a great idea of how to make Jason cool and interesting again but the movie was crap.
"It started when man first stepped out of the garden of Eden and left his innocence behind."

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Adam Marcus, the director of JASON GOES TO HELL !, reveals the story behind the flick's fan favorite bounty hunter, Creighton Duke's vendetta with Jason.
http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3476 ... ory-jason/

Added in 20 days 10 hours 24 minutes 12 seconds:
FRIDAY THE 13TH PART III:THE MEMORIUM DOCUMENTRY talking about the first Jason to don the hockey mask, Richard Booker. Who passed away back in 2013.

Added in 1 month 14 days 12 hours 38 minutes 15 seconds:
Rather cool thing that I found today. A fan of the F13 series, Curtis Lahr, took it upon himself to build a statue of Jason Voorhees, and installed it at the bottom of a popular diving site in Crosby, Minnesota back in 2014. And like Voorhees himself at the end of JASON LIVES and the beginning of THE NEW BLOOD, "He's still down there."
http://bloody-disgusting.com/videos/348 ... dive-site/

Added in 29 days 17 hours 56 minutes 42 seconds:
Artist Cory Holliday Friday fan covers based on some classic comic covers.
http://i0.wp.com/bloody-disgusting.com/ ... omic-4.jpg
http://i0.wp.com/bloody-disgusting.com/ ... mic-12.jpg
http://i2.wp.com/bloody-disgusting.com/ ... omic-1.jpg

Added in 13 days 5 hours 12 minutes 58 seconds:

Admin Edit: Removed Img tags out of a few images so that the thread doesn't have obnoxiously huge images.

Added in 3 months 4 days 9 hours 39 minutes 54 seconds:
JASON LIVES writer/director talks about how in an early treatment for the 1986 flick. Jason was going to mow down those darn pesky campers with an Uzi.
http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/news ... atment-563

Added in 1 month 11 days 7 hours 3 minutes 45 seconds:
Interview with JASON GOES TO HELL:The Final Friday director Adam Marcus.
Last edited by GodEmperorGabara on Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

SteveIrwinFan96
G-Force Personnel

Post by SteveIrwinFan96 »

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

SteveIrwinFan96 wrote:Well, this came out of nowhere: https://www.comicbookmovie.com/horror/f ... en-a164281
The success of the new Halloween probably has something to do with it...

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

I'd love to know how they plan to do it with the rights still in turmoil.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

Maritonic wrote:I'd love to know how they plan to do it with the rights still in turmoil.
Maybe Lebron could make a deal between Victor Miller and whoever owns adult Jason so he can use both of those elements in future movies? I'm not super sure how stuff like this works but Lebron James has a lot of money and power and they could probably work something out.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

KillCrites wrote:
Maritonic wrote:I'd love to know how they plan to do it with the rights still in turmoil.
Maybe Lebron could make a deal between Victor Miller and whoever owns adult Jason so he can use both of those elements in future movies? I'm not super sure how stuff like this works but Lebron James has a lot of money and power and they could probably work something out.
Yeah, but they're going back to court; Cunningham is appealing. That's more what I was going for.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Maritonic wrote:
KillCrites wrote:
Yeah, but they're going back to court; Cunningham is appealing. That's more what I was going for.
If I were to guess, they'll make a deal to make it with some stupid red tape like they can't mention the origin or they have to make it separate from any ideas Miller has for the franchise (ala Marvel and Sony making sure they don't use any Spiderman villains the other has plans for in their respective shared universes).
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

We shall see. It's the same production company behind last year's IT, so it has potential.

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
KillCrites wrote: Maybe Lebron could make a deal between Victor Miller and whoever owns adult Jason so he can use both of those elements in future movies? I'm not super sure how stuff like this works but Lebron James has a lot of money and power and they could probably work something out.
If I were to guess, they'll make a deal to make it with some stupid red tape like they can't mention the origin or they have to make it separate from any ideas Miller has for the franchise (ala Marvel and Sony making sure they don't use any Spiderman villains the other has plans for in their respective shared universes).
If you take away everything Miller did then Jason loses all of his character, without his origin he's just a guy in a mask that kills teenagers. I really hope they can find another solution because that would be dreadful.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

KillCrites wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
If you take away everything Miller did then Jason loses all of his character, without his origin he's just a guy in a mask that kills teenagers. I really hope they can find another solution because that would be dreadful.
The sad reality is these two need to put their dicks away and just be civil enough so they can both milk the franchise. Instead, they're arguing over bigger pieces of the pie. Cunningham wants it all; Miller just wants his share. It's bullshit.

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

Last edited by MikeSTZillak on Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

I own all the movies except for Freddy vs. Jason and Jason X. I wouldn't exactly say I'm a fan but I do enjoy the movies very much. They're classic horrors.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

So is the court case basically Pamela the name voorhees and the title Friday the 13th can't be used but Jason can?
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

You know what's funny about this series to me?

I own every film on DVD (mainly because my friend
upgraded his collection to Blu-ray & I was given his
DVD versions) & I only remember 3 definitive moments
from the entire series.

1). That scene where a girl wearing incredibly tiny
short shorts get shot in the butt with a slingshot...

2). That kill scene where Jason literally folds the
police sheriff in half...

&

3). Jason & Freddy beating & stabbing the sh!t out
of each other in Freddy vs. Jason...

Everything else is just a giant blur of annoying characters,
brutal murders & Corey Feldman's monster masks.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

I don't think that any other resurrected franchise is going to top - or even equal - Halloween 2018's $250+ mil. box office, but it's success indicates that there IS a market for old-school horror licenses to be revived, such as Friday the 13th. As long as they can adhere to the old axiom, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Re-booting a franchise, does not mean RE-IMAGINING the franchise. The Halloween 2018 gang went back to the ROOTS of the franchise. They stuck with what worked, and then just freshened things up. Sometimes, less is more. Whomever is planning on resurrecting F13 - or any other horror license - should keep that in mind...