A nightmare on TohoKingdom!

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
Zilla103192
Keizer

A nightmare on TohoKingdom!

Post by Zilla103192 »

ok... here you can discuss all things elm street!! from the first film... to the Jason crossover... to the new remake...

to start things off... WHEN THE FUCK DOES THE REMAKE COME TO DVD???????????????????
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

mecha-gino
Futurian

Re: A nightmare on TohoKingdom!

Post by mecha-gino »

October 6/8th. Next question?

Have I seen it? No, but I do want too.
R.I.P My Old Sig. 2011 to 2016

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Hellspawn28 wrote:The remake comes out on DVD and Blu Ray this October. I thought the remake was very meh, it feel like a dull and pointless movie. Nothing was scary, it was boring, and the new Freddy was very lame. It feel like Pyscho98 all over again.
I never have thought he was scary, always thought his movies were boring (except FvsJ), and always thought he was lame. Hmmm..... :|

But, I must agree that this was one of the weakest offerings.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

g2kmaster
JXSDF Technician

Post by g2kmaster »

Ah, nice to see this topic begins with the remake. If you go to the forums at nightmareonelmstreetfilms.com, I suggest you read the little paper someone wrote about how the remake is pretty much a big f u to the original creators by Platinum Dunes, a bundle of lies and tears, and ect. I still want to see it though. But I wonder if it has anything on the Bollywood remake, Mahakaal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nix3FaWqxxI

As for the series in general, I think it is one of the two reasons why Wes Craven is pretty much the god of slasher films. He has created two of the most known creations in the genre - Freddy and Ghostface and the NOES is just great. From the original first film to the rocken with Dokken third film, to the proto-Scream seventh film with the creative name NEW NIGHTMARE with the somewhat nicely cinemographed crossover. Just too bad the rights to the series and such were taken over. Fucking sucks but that is how the world works. Thing is that if they only hired a good director then they could have something which could work. I mean, just because it is a slasher film doesn't mean it needs to be kept to the $100,000,000 mark at the box office (anyone notice how Dangerously close the NOES remake came to beating FVJ at the box office? 3 million dollars man). Scorcese's Shutter Island is proof that a good quality film with some names could do wonders. Whatever. Just too bad that the whole "give the slasher a face with emotion" thing which made Freddy unique backfired when the inevitable happening of a remake occured. Damn it. Good series though, very good. And thank god I waited for the 4-film sets instead of buying an expensive box set which either came in snapper cases or with the JEH Freddy.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

YAY!! gonna buy it the day it comes out!

i am a HUGE NOES fan... i have all 8 films (gonna get the remake ASAP), the full costume, a deluxe freddy mask that tucks under your shirt to it looks even more real... and 3 gloves... 2 of which are from Nightmaregloves.com.

i love the series so much that i am making my GF dress up in this 4 halloween (which i find very hot...)
http://www.completelybonkers.co.uk/imag ... rueger.jpg

people tell me i have issues...
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

I prefer New Nightmare to any of the others, even the original. Freddy's actually scary in it, among other reasons.

The remake is good. It's not better than the original, but it's good, and I think ESPECIALLY when it comes to Horror, people are far too hard on remakes.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

i think that has to be the ONE thing i actually agree with JVM about...

horror remakes are getting to much trash... i love the idea of something nostalgic getting a modern retelling... it shows that hollywood wants to keep the fandom of that particular franchise going... and they want to attract more fans... remakes rock IMO... even if they turn out bad in the end (gino)

Darkness
Interpol Agent

Post by Darkness »

The first film is easily the best with Wes Craven's New Nightmare not far behind it. Both of those films did a great job of interpreting Freddy and he had a very strong screen presence. The other films were more jokey, but Dream Warriors is actually a very good film. I can do without the others, mainly Freddy's Dead, ugh that movie is awful. Not only does it bring Freddy down farther on the scary meter, but it has a crap load of plot holes in it reguarding Freddy's past. I actually enjoyed the remake, but after I thought about it, more of its flaws began to pop out, such as the sheer irrelivance of the boiler room since Krueger was a gardener at a preschool. I don't think it was bad, but it wasn't anything special either aside from a good yet fresh performance from Jackie Earle Haley.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

zilla103192 wrote:i think that has to be the ONE thing i actually agree with JVM about...

horror remakes are getting to much trash... i love the idea of something nostalgic getting a modern retelling... it shows that hollywood wants to keep the fandom of that particular franchise going... and they want to attract more fans... remakes rock IMO... even if they turn out bad in the end (gino)
That and Bandai Creation figures being fair, though I still joke about it.

Well, I do feel most remakes (particularly Halloween) came a bit too soon - a major thing I dislike about remakes/reboots is they seem to be the answer to a sequel fairing badly. IMO, you should pump out a definitive finale before you reboot. Hellraiser's been trying this, but failed due to Doug Bradley not wishing to be involved.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Darkness
Interpol Agent

Post by Darkness »

Yeah, Freddy vs. Jason was simply awesome in my opinion. It fits into the category of so bad it's amazing! It's one of the most over the top and entertaining films in either the NoES or F13 franchises. You could tell that everyone had a blast making that movie.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

the original ending had freddy and jason continuing to fight in hell... and 2 chains shot out from the dark and held them away from each other... and pinhead would of waked out and asked the two what the problem was...

that would of been a cool ending... not saying id want him in the sequel... but it would of been a WHOA moment.

Darkness
Interpol Agent

Post by Darkness »

I would have hated the idea of Pinhead coming in, because he's such a different character from Freddy and Jason. That and the fight should simply be between Freddy and Jason, keeping it simple.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

Alucard
Xilien Halfling

Post by Alucard »

^If thats real i will be the first one to watch it :D
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:
wataru wrote:It's not huge and it's white.
LIKE YO DICK!

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

Do you think...? Naaah...it can't be. Could it? ;)
Giving myself brain damage wishing too hard upon a star.

Twitter: @Dawn_of_the_DED
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

Ethan
G-Grasper

Post by Ethan »

Rate them like this I do:
Original
New Nightmare
Dream Warriors
Dream Child
Dream Master
Crossover
Freedy's Dead
Pedo-Freddy
"If only all garden variety fans had just one neck!"

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Hellspawn28 wrote:^That video was from over a year ago. Nothing has been stated since then, it would be pointless to do a sequel now when they just remake and reboot both series.
A fight with the rebooted version would be better the orginals were fine on their own.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

DeadpoolsbetterThanU
JXSDF Technician

Post by DeadpoolsbetterThanU »

I've never watched a Nightmare movie (parents wont let yet :evil: ) But the other day I didn't talk to/approach him, but I met Ken Sagoes at the San Jose Toy Show.
CHIMICHANGA!!!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:Nothing says AMURIKA like cars, explosives, guns, hot chicks, and tons of money being spent on it.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

NOES is one of the tamest Horror series i watch. It's also my favorite.

Seriously, I let my 12 year old sister watch a majority of the NOES films. her favorite being Freddy's Dead for the OVERKILL humor.

Darkness
Interpol Agent

Post by Darkness »

Yeah, Nightmare on Elm Street was fairly tame, and I think that was one of the reasons I liked it so much. It didn't rely on disgusting gross out scenes for horror (at least at first it didn't), nor did it have an overabundance of unnecessary sex like Friday the 13th. NoES1,3 and New Nightmare all took themselves very seriously. Can't quite say the same about the other entries.