Marvel Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorites (so far)?

Iron Man (2008)
9%
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
1%
Iron Man 2 (2010)
1%
Thor (2011)
1%
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
4%
The Avengers (2012)
8%
Iron Man 3 (2013)
2%
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
1%
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
9%
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
9%
The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
3%
Ant-Man (2015)
1%
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
6%
Doctor Strange (2016)
2%
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 (2017)
4%
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
4%
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
7%
Black Panther (2018)
3%
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
11%
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
1%
Captain Marvel (2019)
1%
Avengers: Endgame (2019)
9%
Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
4%

Total votes: 398

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Maritonic wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:27 amSo it's Marvel's fault people are "copying them"...?
Pretty much. That's the impression I'm getting at given the success of the MCU franchise.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:30 am
Maritonic wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:27 amSo it's Marvel's fault people are "copying them"...?
Pretty much. That's the impression I'm getting at given the success of the MCU franchise.
So, Marvel is the one making the decisions of other companies to try to match their filmmaking style...? Really? Wow.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:30 am
Do us all a favor and never work as a school teacher.

"I saw Ben copying my answers on today's quiz!"

"That's your fault! Detention!"
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Maritonic wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:31 amSo, Marvel is the one making the decisions of other companies to try to match their filmmaking style...? Really? Wow.
I mean more like companies seeing the success the MCU has become and trying to copy it.

Look my point is I want franchises to be different from each other in terms of tone and vibe. More variety and creative differences notably the MonsterVerse was prior to King of the Monsters when it decided to start going full MCU in terms of humor, vibe and tone.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu May 19, 2022 7:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:46 am
Maritonic wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:31 amSo, Marvel is the one making the decisions of other companies to try to match their filmmaking style...? Really? Wow.
I mean more like companies seeing the success the MCU has become and trying to copy it.

Look my point is I want franchises to be different from each other in terms of tone and vibe. More variety and creative differences notably the MonsterVerse was prior to King of the Monsters when it decided to start going full MCU in terms of humor, vibe and tone.
Right. How is it remotely on Marvel that they are successful and people want to copy them? Is it Jaws' fault we got Piranha?

I don't see how the MonsterVerse is so similar to the MCU. In any way except a connected universe which has been a thing in MULTIPLE franchises. If it's simply because humor exists, then I got some bad news for you; humor is a thing.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Either way if the MonsterVerse was more like Kong: Skull Island in terms of humor and tone, I'd be fine with it.

But that's just my two cents and opinions on this.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:55 am Either way if the MonsterVerse was more like Kong: Skull Island in terms of humor and tone, I'd be fine with it.

But that's just my two cents and opinions on this.
So you don't like the humor and tone. That's fine. Personal tastes are a thing.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Maritonic wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:56 am Personal tastes are a thing.
That may be true, but I don't have to like it!
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:07 am I'll say it again.
Please, for everyone's sanity, don't. You're a broken record at this point. We get it.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

The way I feel about Marvel films must be how the general public who aren’t Godzilla super fans feel about G flicks. Every film feels like the same thing over and over again. They’re ok, I just don’t get being a super fan or anything. I also feel like the franchises influence is actually hurting it at this point.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Variety confirms a new Daredevil series is in the works. It's rumored to be a soft reboot of the Netflix series.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

GoKelley85
Yojimbo

Post by GoKelley85 »

Marvel is out here greenlighting and producing shows faster than a hummingbird flaps its wings.

Good grief Disney...calm it down!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

She-Hulk kind of puts me off for whatever reason.
For Emperor and Empire!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Voyager wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:32 pm She-Hulk kind of puts me off for whatever reason.
The CGI is pretty Uncanny Valley. :freak:

Last edited by Spuro on Fri May 20, 2022 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

GoKelley85
Yojimbo

Post by GoKelley85 »

They are churning these things out so quickly and at such a high volume, I wouldn't be surprised if they had truncated production schedules for these shows.

And that's how you get terrible looking CGI for She-Hulk.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:45 pm Variety confirms a new Daredevil series is in the works. It's rumored to be a soft reboot of the Netflix series.
This along with the next MCU Spider-Man film are the only things I’m really excited for when it comes to Marvel.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Just got back from Multiverse of Madness. It was mixed... there was a lot of good, any number of things I liked, but then one big elephant that should never have been in the room.
Spoiler:
Sam Raimi did his job well, the actual direction was mostly very solid. The action was as fun as ever, with the Cycloptopus battle and the very inventive piano duel being standouts. I loved the Professor X and Mr. Fantastic appearances, and don't mind at all that they died, since they were doppelgangers. The XTAS theme playing when Xavier first appeared was a highlight of the whole movie. The reduced quipping was welcome, too; this was largely a dark, serious story, and they allowed it to hold its weight without lightening the mood every thirty seconds.

Wanda was botched. WandaVision now feels pointless if she didn't learn anything from her emotional sacrifice in the finale. She just makes the same damn mistake here, only bigger and worse, both in terms of real-world execution and in-universe consequences. And then she dies(?) in the end, bringing her story to a miserable, premature conclusion. But we never saw a body, so.

And the post-credits scene was asinine. You made this joke already in Homecoming, Disney. It was mildly amusing then, but not a second time. Don't do it again.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

JAGzilla wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:55 pm And the post-credits scene was asinine. You made this joke already in Homecoming, Disney. It was mildly amusing then, but not a second time. Don't do it again.
[/Spoiler]
Which joke was this again?
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Spoiler:
Bruce Campbell finally stops punching himself. 10/10. Deserves an Oscar.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

If you ask me, Marvel should start making plans to completely reboot the MCU.