Marvel Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorites (so far)?

Iron Man (2008)
9%
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
1%
Iron Man 2 (2010)
1%
Thor (2011)
1%
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
4%
The Avengers (2012)
8%
Iron Man 3 (2013)
2%
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
1%
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
9%
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
9%
The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
3%
Ant-Man (2015)
1%
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
6%
Doctor Strange (2016)
2%
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 (2017)
4%
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
4%
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
7%
Black Panther (2018)
3%
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
11%
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
1%
Captain Marvel (2019)
1%
Avengers: Endgame (2019)
9%
Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
4%

Total votes: 398

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

We're now just two weeks away from No Way Home.

Think this is going to be our first COVID-era billion-dollar hit for sure.

And they say theaters are dying...Lol.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:09 am We're now just two weeks away from No Way Home.

Think this is going to be our first COVID-era billion-dollar hit for sure.

And they say theaters are dying...Lol.
I was actually merciful enough to keep theaters alive.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Just hope it's not too much. Sony trying too hard to force a Sinister Six plot.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:04 pm Just hope it's not too much. Sony trying too hard to force a Sinister Six plot.
I think with Marvel Studios' hands in the cookie jar, it might work out.

Also, anyone else watching and LOVING Hawkeye? I was worried Kate Bishop would be HORRIBLE, but I have enjoyed every scene of her and Hawkeye together. And I can not wait to see
Spoiler:
Kingpin's
rumored return to the MCU.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Poster for Thor: Love and Thunder has been posted online.
Spoiler:

Are those Yule Goats?
Edit: More clear image.

https://twitter.com/MCU_Direct/status/1 ... 0414603274

Also found those goats are Tanngrisnir and Tanngnjostr from Norse Mythology.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Enjoying Hawkeye well enough so far, I appreciate that it is telling a smaller-scale story. Next to NWH, it feels refreshing.
That being said, I am doing my best to hold out through exams this week for Spidey. Cannot wait for it!
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Reportedly we'll be getting the first trailer to Doctor Strange 2 before this year ends.

And based on a LEGO leak on the movie.
Spoiler:
Shuma-Gorath is supposed to be the films main baddie.
Edit:
Spoiler:
Looked it up. It's not Shuma-gorath but a character called Gargantos. Apparently has ties to Homo mermanus, the inhabitants of Atlantis and Lemuria in the Marvel continuity. Could this be leading up to Namor? I recall he was kind of an enemy to Doctor Strange in the comics.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

How odd, I thought it was
Spoiler:
Shuma-Gorath
when I saw the image. I'm not really a fan of Namor so a tie-in to him does not excite me, but it might be interesting nonetheless.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Spoiler:
Predicting for when Keanu Reeves joins the MCU he's probably playing either Doctor Doom or Namor.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:16 am
Spoiler:
Predicting for when Keanu Reeves joins the MCU he's probably playing either Doctor Doom or Namor.
I don't know about Doom (I personally REALLY want Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Doom), but it'd be GREAT to see Keanu play a bad guy for once.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:24 pmI don't know about Doom (I personally REALLY want Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Doom), but it'd be GREAT to see Keanu play a bad guy for once.
Spoiler:
Namor in the comics did kind of start off as a villain before becoming more of an anti-hero afterwards. Most likely that's going to be his debut in the MCU.

And if true, Namor might be making his debut in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.

https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/b ... hite-tiger
So still win-win. ;)

Edit: Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness just leaked online.
Spoiler:
Apparently, the main antagonist is Strange Supreme(?) with Stephen confronting a dark clad evil Variant of himself.

Also Stephen asks Wanda for help, who initially think he is there to confront her about Westview, and Mordo is back with dreads. America shows up but doesn't have any real presence.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

If No Way Home does well with the whole
Spoiler:
multiverse angle well enough,
maybe people around here will be more open to the idea of other certain franchises doing it, whether it be on film or other mediums. As a disclaimer, I acknowledge the risk of it being used as a ploy for big corporations to exploit our nostalgia for cash. It is a sad fact in this day and age and more often than not it may cause some to become disillusioned with nostalgia itself.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

https://deadline.com/2021/12/spider-man ... 234898486/

Yep theaters are dying indeed. Am I right or what?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Just finished No Way Home. To be completely honest, I think this beat Infinity War as my favorite MCU film. Could this be recency bias at work? Yes. But I think even after a couple months, I'll still love this movie about the same. Plus, I think Godzilla vs Kong being the mess it is kinda enlightened me about that so...

EDIT: I do wish Jon Watts just made MCU-exclusive versions of those villains, though. Even if they exist later on, it won't really be the same.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

The poll really needs an update
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

No Way Home has gotten me excited for the MCU again and pumped to go catch up on the shows I've missed. The one complaint people had about MCU Spiderman has revealed how much of a genius Feige is. We were watching Spiderman's origin over a Trilogy.

Also that Yoda quote fits perfect here.

"The Future, The Past. Old Friends Long Gone."
Spoiler:
I didn't tear up when I saw the old Spidermen but it was great seeing Andrew Spiderman again But when Tobey walked on screen that was magic. Saw NWH twice so far and Tobey got a near standing ovation(no standing just aoy of applause)both nights. Speaking of old friends, Willem Dafoe needs an oscar or something for how great he is. Loved how all three Spidermen interacted with each other.
Dr. Strange has gone from a character I knew next to zero about to one of my favs.
Spoiler:
Dude is a beast and I loved his fight with Peter. Their powers clashed well especially for two heroes not trying to end one another. Can't wait for The MoM.
And I would be remiss without mentioning
Spoiler:
Venom and Eddie are going to be Venom and Eddie. It just felt like a them thing to do bringing them back out the MCU as quickly as they arrived. Their is a billion dollar film between those two and Deadpool. Venom leaving some of himself however that was an interesting twist.
Spoiler:
Also Matt's cameo was awesome.
Not only did the movie live up to the Hype but I can't wait for Spider man 4. It wrapped up so much and open many doors.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I'm so glad I watched this with only four other people in the theater early Thursday morning. A standing ovation? During a movie? That sounds horrendous. All the "WE CLAPPED AND CHEERED" stuff on social media just sounds like an obnoxious time at the movies. Yeah, it was awesome seeing the things that made everyone do that, but I don't think I'd ever go to those lengths. It's a movie, not a live performance.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Well, I stand completely corrected regarding NWH. It was brilliant. So much heart.
Spoiler:
my only beef was that the Goblin got such a fantastic set-up... And then kind of a limp role in the finale. Also, I guess MCU Pete just didn't have an Uncle Ben? I wish Tom Hardy would have stuck around tbh. He plays a really good drunk.
I think my favorite bit was how hard Pete worked to save all the villains, and then how the other Petes also worked really hard to cure them.
NWH corrected every gripe I had with Tom Holland's Spidey. I cant believe the same creatives behind this film did Homecoming and FFH.
My theater actually did have a nice few bits of applause, first time since KotM if I recall correctly!
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

UltramanGoji wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:38 pm I'm so glad I watched this with only four other people in the theater early Thursday morning. A standing ovation? During a movie? That sounds horrendous. All the "WE CLAPPED AND CHEERED" stuff on social media just sounds like an obnoxious time at the movies. Yeah, it was awesome seeing the things that made everyone do that, but I don't think I'd ever go to those lengths. It's a movie, not a live performance.
Not a full blow one but everyone clapped and cheered.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

UltramanGoji wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:38 pm I'm so glad I watched this with only four other people in the theater early Thursday morning. A standing ovation? During a movie? That sounds horrendous. All the "WE CLAPPED AND CHEERED" stuff on social media just sounds like an obnoxious time at the movies. Yeah, it was awesome seeing the things that made everyone do that, but I don't think I'd ever go to those lengths. It's a movie, not a live performance.
Yeah, as someone who watched this in a full theater, there were at least five times where I could not hear anything over everyone cheering.