What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
kingkevzilla88
G-Grasper

Re: What ruined your day?

Postby kingkevzilla88 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:49 am

shadowgigan wrote:
kingkevzilla88 wrote:
shadowgigan wrote:I was denied unemployment. The state won't let me work but also won't give me any money, apparently.

Man that's rough, so you have anything to fall back on?

No, not really. Thankfully I managed to save a little. But I am protesting the ruling and will see what happens.

Best of luck, I know how these sorts of things can make a person feel.

KManX89
G-Grasper

Postby KManX89 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:53 pm

Not the worst thing in the world, but earlier today, I was just hit with this notification on my Amazon Shin Godzilla order:

And not only that, but I pretty much got conned. I clicked the seller page and noticed it was conveniently pulled from Prime deliveries the day it was supposed to ship, that's probably why it was cancelled, skreeonking Amazon. And to add further insult to injury: they're now reinstating month-long deliveries for movies, games, etc. even for Prime members after they just lifted them.

Suffice to say I'm probably cancelling my Prime membership this month, it's not worth waiting a month for deliveries even with free shipping.
Last edited by KManX89 on Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:10 pm

KManX89 wrote:Not the worst thing in the world, but earlier today, I was just hit with this notification on my Amazon Shin Godzilla order:

And not only that, but I pretty much got conned. I clicked the seller page and noticed it was conveniently pulled from Prime deliveries the day it was [i]supposed[\i] to ship, that's probably why it was cancelled, skreeonking Amazon. And to add further insult to injury: they're now reinstating month-long deliveries for movies, games, etc. even for Prime members after they just lifted them.

Suffice to say I'm probably cancelling my Prime membership this month, it's not worth waiting a month for deliveries even with free shipping.

And on one of the best (arguably) Godzilla films in years and when we all have to stay indoors bored out of our minds.

LSD Jellyfish
Keizer

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:14 pm

KManX89 wrote:Not the worst thing in the world, but earlier today, I was just hit with this notification on my Amazon Shin Godzilla order:

And not only that, but I pretty much got conned. I clicked the seller page and noticed it was conveniently pulled from Prime deliveries the day it was [i]supposed[\i] to ship, that's probably why it was cancelled, skreeonking Amazon. And to add further insult to injury: they're now reinstating month-long deliveries for movies, games, etc. even for Prime members after they just lifted them.

I mean the elephant in the room is that this is probably got canceled and deliveries are delayed due to Covid-19.

Have you at least already seen Shin Gojira already? Good movie to watching during these times.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

KManX89
G-Grasper

Postby KManX89 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:54 am

LSD Jellyfish wrote:

I mean the elephant in the room is that this is probably got canceled and deliveries are delayed due to Covid-19.

Have you at least already seen Shin Gojira already? Good movie to watching during these times.

The only issue I have with this theory is they just lifted the Prime delivery delays until yesterday.

Case in point: my March 30th order of Blade Runner: the Final Cut and Star Wars OT Collection arrived in 2 days yet all movies, games, etc. now (once again) say they won't arrive until the end of the month even for Prime members (after telling us Prime members we would once again be getting our benefits that we pay a monthly fee for), whereas non-Prime items can still be delivered faster, albeit without free shipping.

I get that these are tough times for all (and everybody knows online shops certainly don't have it easy), but not having benefits kinda defeats the purpose of paying for a Prime membership. Suffice to say this will hurt their business, fair or not.

And yes, I have, too bad I won't get to watch it again during these tough times, at least not with Prime benefits.
Last edited by KManX89 on Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:58 am, edited 6 times in total.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

JAGzilla
Keizer

Postby JAGzilla » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:10 am

After improving for a few days, my allergy-induced breathing trouble got worse last night. Tried taking Zyrtec, which I keep hearing good things about. Goddamn poop had no effect, and now I can't take Benadryl until tonight, and I've gotten accustomed to taking that to help me sleep. As a result, I wheezed all night and only managed about two hours of light, jittery half-sleep plagued with weird dreams.

Kiryu2012
Kwaidan

Postby Kiryu2012 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:29 pm

My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...

gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide

Holy poop man.

My DA

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:33 pm

According to the responses he also voiced Peppy and Andross in Star Fox. Man I don't even play TF2 and this still pisses me off.

tyrantgoji
E.S.P.Spy

Postby tyrantgoji » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:39 pm

Damn. R.I.P Son. You were truly one of the best. :(

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and i do not regret it.

HedorahIsBestGirl
Interpol Agent

Postby HedorahIsBestGirl » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:58 am

Last night, work was being done on a sewage processing plant in the woods behind my home. I was kept awake until 5 in the morning by a loud, droning, undulating engine noise that shook my skreeonking windows. Even my earplugs didn't help. I called the city police to complain, as this is a huge violation of city ordinance, but they didn't do a damn thing even though this is a huge violation of city ordinance, which clearly states that heavy machinery may not operate at a disruptive volume past 10pm. Thankfully, they told me the work will be over by tomorrow morning, but I'm sure I'll sleep like poop tonight, too.
The sea has cobalt, it's full of mercury. Too many fumes in our oxygen!
All the smog now is choking you and me. Good Lord, where is it gonna end?
Got to get it back, someday. Got to get it back, and soon now.
For tomorrow maybe you and me...
We're movin', we're movin', movin' to the Moon now!
It's up to us to make a choice.
We know what it's worth to save the Earth!

GodzillaFan1990's
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:12 am

Rumors Yellowstone could be due for an eruption.

Skreeonk this year.

ManuJM1997
G-Grasper

Postby ManuJM1997 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:22 am

All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

tyrantgoji
E.S.P.Spy

Postby tyrantgoji » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:24 am

Isn't Yellowstone not due to erupt for like, the next couple thousand years? I don't see anything to worry about.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and i do not regret it.

GodzillaFan1990's
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:26 am

Maybe I should stop reading those recent new articles then...

Try to live life as it is.

Added in 20 hours 26 minutes 1 second:
Taking a break from the site again because its clear I haven't change and seems it was too soon although what I posted I never meant to come across as.

Until then take care everyone. Don't know when I'll be back.

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:44 pm

Didn't ruin my day per say but a sobering reminder of what we are all capable of. Found Adolf Hitler's art. He was a talented man, not amazing but not terrible either, pretty good. It's kind of sad that all that talent would be thrown away when he became a tyrant and caused so much suffering and death, allowing horrible men to get in power who have no business being in power.

Hitler became a monster, I am not arguing that. That is the biggest tragedy in this story, that he was human and caused so much death and suffering to his fellow man.

Godzilloci
Yojimbo

Postby Godzilloci » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:10 pm

Living Corpse wrote:Didn't ruin my day per say but a sobering reminder of what we are all capable of. Found Adolf Hitler's art. He was a talented man, not amazing but not terrible either, pretty good. It's kind of sad that all that talent would be thrown away when he became a tyrant and caused so much suffering and death, allowing horrible men to get in power who have no business being in power.

Hitler became a monster, I am not arguing that. That is the biggest tragedy in this story, that he was human and caused so much death and suffering to his fellow man.

His paintings are too classical for my taste, and a bit lacking in substance beyond architectural and prosaic forms. They're mostly the kind of stuff you'd see in quaint calenders or on stamps. And his architectural designs slightly disturb me on account of his obsession with political structures. But there's no denying that he had an eye for the styles he enjoyed, and wasn't bad at what he painted.

While few people are capable of amassing the kind of influence he had, there will never be a short supply of neuroses, psychoses, delusions, self-blinding defenses, and other unfortunate scars and issues people have trouble dealing with. Among other artists, Matt Frank's great at drawing, but also rather petty, obsessive, and sensationalistic when he makes political statements. And as someone who befriended several talented sketch artists, painters, and even a couple animators on deviantart (before leaving that artless place entirely), I can say that few of them were all that healthy in the head, nice and fun as they were (one of them loved painting what I will only sum up as technically good but substantially repulsive hate crimes, and leave it at that). I guess many of us just live in a world that encourages unhealthy patterns of thought.
Last edited by Godzilloci on Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Postby Maverick Centigrade » Fri May 01, 2020 7:39 pm

One of our family pets has passed away. We had her since 2007. Mainly my mom's dog for a long time, then my mom gave her to a close a friend for a few years when my mom got cancer. She eventually came back to our family and now she's gone. She was a little chihuahua that just couldn't stand to be alone. She always needed someone to be with her. She was a sweet animal and a significant part of my life. Not doing well with this news. It hurts.
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Fri May 01, 2020 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So then Worf suddenly has a purple space bazooka...

tyrantgoji
E.S.P.Spy

Postby tyrantgoji » Fri May 01, 2020 7:50 pm

Maverick Centigrade wrote:One of our family pets has passed away. We had her since 2007. Mainly my mom's dog for a long time, then my mom gave her to a close a friend for a few years when my mom got cancer. She eventually came back to our family and now she's gone. She was a little chihuahua that just couldn't stand to be alone. She always needed someone to be with her. She was a sweet animal and a significant part of my life. Not doing well with this news. It hurts.

Loosing a pet always hurts man. Terribly sorry, hope she rest in peace. :(

G-Matt
EDF Soldier

Postby G-Matt » Fri May 01, 2020 8:26 pm

Maverick Centigrade wrote:One of our family pets has passed away. We had her since 2007. Mainly my mom's dog for a long time, then my mom gave her to a close a friend for a few years when my mom got cancer. She eventually came back to our family and now she's gone. She was a little chihuahua that just couldn't stand to be alone. She always needed someone to be with her. She was a sweet animal and a significant part of my life. Not doing well with this news. It hurts.

Sorry for your loss. :(
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Fri May 01, 2020 8:29 pm

Sorry for you loss.

Return to “General Discussion”