What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

How about what ruined my month?

This summer I built the most positive friendship I'd had since college. I had a co-worker, a few years younger than me, who I had befriended at work. After she quit back in May, we started hanging out outside of work. We had a really positive relationship. We called each other on our bullshit; she called me out for being too negative and cynical, I called her out for letting her parents think and make decisions for her. We had a similar sense of humor and we got along really well. We could hang out just spur of the moment and keep each other company when we needed it. We could have deep conversations or just watch dumb shit on YouTube, it was always fun. We could open up to each other in a way I can't with most of my friends. We were hanging out after work two or three times a week. She was even trying to set me up with one of her friends.

Then I went and fucking ruined it, exactly one month ago. I did something stupid and it ended our friendship just like that. I feel even more defeated than ever before. I had a complete emotional breakdown at work the day after our falling out (if you knew me in person you'd know how unusual that is; I'm known for being stoic and internalizing things to a ridiculous degree). My co-workers all wanted to know what was wrong but I couldn't bring myself to tell them. After a week, I got good at acting like everything's okay again but it's not. I've been drinking everyday since, more so than usual. I'm frustrated and angry all the time. I'm angry at her for ghosting me instead of trying to resolve our problem, I'm angry at her parents for convincing her I'm a bad friend because I drink and, most of all, I'm angry at myself for fucking things up the way I always do. I don't know if I should try reaching out to her again or just let her go and count my losses. I already lost another good friend this summer but that was on him, he chose to cut me and his other friends off for petty personal reasons. This one is my fault and I don't know how to get over it. All I seem capable of doing is drinking to numb the pain. I've been in this hell before but right now, on top of all the other horrible shit going on in the world, I don't know how I'm going to pull myself out.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

My Uncle (43) has been diagnosed with Short-term memory loss and the family dog needs to undergo surgery.
For Emperor and Empire!

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote:How about what ruined my month?
This summer I built the most positive friendship I'd had since college. I had a co-worker, a few years younger than me, who I had befriended at work. After she quit back in May, we started hanging out outside of work. We had a really positive relationship. We called each other on our bullshit; she called me out for being too negative and cynical, I called her out for letting her parents think and make decisions for her. We had a similar sense of humor and we got along really well. We could hang out just spur of the moment and keep each other company when we needed it. We could have deep conversations or just watch dumb poop on YouTube, it was always fun. We could open up to each other in a way I can't with most of my friends. We were hanging out after work two or three times a week. She was even trying to set me up with one of her friends.

Then I went and skreeonking ruined it, exactly one month ago. I did something stupid and it ended our friendship just like that. I feel even more defeated than ever before. I had a complete emotional breakdown at work the day after our falling out (if you knew me in person you'd know how unusual that is; I'm known for being stoic and internalizing things to a ridiculous degree). My co-workers all wanted to know what was wrong but I couldn't bring myself to tell them. After a week, I got good at acting like everything's okay again but it's not. I've been drinking everyday since, more so than usual. I'm frustrated and angry all the time. I'm angry at her for ghosting me instead of trying to resolve our problem, I'm angry at her parents for convincing her I'm a bad friend because I drink and, most of all, I'm angry at myself for skreeonking things up the way I always do. I don't know if I should try reaching out to her again or just let her go and count my losses. I already lost another good friend this summer but that was on him, he chose to cut me and his other friends off for petty personal reasons. This one is my fault and I don't know how to get over it. All I seem capable of doing is drinking to numb the pain. I've been in this hell before but right now, on top of all the other horrible poop going on in the world, I don't know how I'm going to pull myself out.
So first of all, I'm very sorry that happened, sounds like a lousy turn of events all around.

I'm not a professional in the friend department, but it sounds like you had a keeper there. At the very least, even if you can't win them back, some closure on the relationship would probably be good for both of you, so I wouldn't give up just yet. I know it will be rough(not from personal experience, I've watched my brother deal with similar vices), but I don't think drinking is helping you in any meaningful way at the moment. If her parents convinced her you were a problem friend because of your drinking, drinking like that when you run into a major issue isn't going to help your case. You'll also have to forgive yourself at some point, what's done is done and being mad at something in the past won't change it in the present. You messed things up, yes, but so does everyone on the planet. Even big things like this. you were her friend all summer, so you must have had good qualities that kept her around. Those qualities are still there, you just need to find them again. I've gotta leave at the moment but please, don't give up on your friend and more importantly, don't give up on yourself. You can make it through this.

Added in 1 hour 6 minutes 17 seconds:
Oh, and I should mention that if you have any kind of support group, family or friends you can trust, you should be honest and open up to them about your problem. People who know you personally will probably have more insightful advice than some guy on the internet.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote:How about what ruined my month?

This summer I built the most positive friendship I'd had since college. I had a co-worker, a few years younger than me, who I had befriended at work. After she quit back in May, we started hanging out outside of work. We had a really positive relationship. We called each other on our bullshit; she called me out for being too negative and cynical, I called her out for letting her parents think and make decisions for her. We had a similar sense of humor and we got along really well. We could hang out just spur of the moment and keep each other company when we needed it. We could have deep conversations or just watch dumb poop on YouTube, it was always fun. We could open up to each other in a way I can't with most of my friends. We were hanging out after work two or three times a week. She was even trying to set me up with one of her friends.

Then I went and skreeonking ruined it, exactly one month ago. I did something stupid and it ended our friendship just like that. I feel even more defeated than ever before. I had a complete emotional breakdown at work the day after our falling out (if you knew me in person you'd know how unusual that is; I'm known for being stoic and internalizing things to a ridiculous degree). My co-workers all wanted to know what was wrong but I couldn't bring myself to tell them. After a week, I got good at acting like everything's okay again but it's not. I've been drinking everyday since, more so than usual. I'm frustrated and angry all the time. I'm angry at her for ghosting me instead of trying to resolve our problem, I'm angry at her parents for convincing her I'm a bad friend because I drink and, most of all, I'm angry at myself for skreeonking things up the way I always do. I don't know if I should try reaching out to her again or just let her go and count my losses. I already lost another good friend this summer but that was on him, he chose to cut me and his other friends off for petty personal reasons. This one is my fault and I don't know how to get over it. All I seem capable of doing is drinking to numb the pain. I've been in this hell before but right now, on top of all the other horrible poop going on in the world, I don't know how I'm going to pull myself out.
Not sure if what you did was super bad or not, and I hope it's not something really bad. But whatever it is, the fact that you feel shitty and regret things, in it's way is good. Hopefully you can learn from this experience and get better. Hopefully you can fix things. At the same time you reached a point where you've tried to mend things and you might just have to accept the it won't happen. I've done and said shitty things to people. Nothing too bad, but things I regret and I would try not to repeat. That's part of growing up and learning.

I've perpetually had a drinking problem, (though in the last few months I've gotten a lot better, and I'm not miserable like I was), so I get what it's like. The fact that you're admitting it's an issue is important. I suggest trying to sober up for a week. Just one week. After 3 days, put your energy elsewhere, a creative project. I found that during the times I was drinking heavily I forgot what it was like to think and be super productive, and gradually that desire to be in my a-game mentally was what made an improvement.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

eabaker wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
Terasawa wrote:
I ran into him on Facebook recently on someone else's profile. He was still foaming at the mouth at the idea that some people might dare enjoy the Heisei films after Godzilla vs Biollante.
I remember he lectured me once on not being a "real fan", because I didn't know about the Heisei films until 1997. As if they was widespread knowledge of them outside fan circles.
Just to be clear, of the couple of prominent former board members with Legion in their name... are we talking about Legion1979 here?
Thats the only Legion that matters Evan
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Godzilla21 wrote:
eabaker wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
I remember he lectured me once on not being a "real fan", because I didn't know about the Heisei films until 1997. As if they was widespread knowledge of them outside fan circles.
Just to be clear, of the couple of prominent former board members with Legion in their name... are we talking about Legion1979 here?
Oh, I dunno, Legionmaster was also an... interesting fellow.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

eabaker wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
eabaker wrote:
Oh, I dunno, Legionmaster was also an... interesting fellow.
Don't even know who that is. Legion1979 is the only Legion that matters
SpaceG92 wrote:

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

I prefer Legionmaster. Legion 1979 was a colossal dick. Please don't lure him back, I'm (mostly) enjoying my time here.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Godzilla21 wrote:Legion1979 is the only Legion that matters
Legionmaster matters more.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:
Disagree.
SpaceG92 wrote:

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Starting to feel I'm getting a bit carried away again so I'm going to take a break from the site for a while.

See you guys until then.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Legion1979 is likely never coming back. He was a casualty of the Shin Leak wars and was very vocal about it.

I do miss Mr. X and Captainaktion.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

miguelnuva wrote:Legion1979 is likely never coming back. He was a casualty of the Shin Leak wars and was very vocal about it.

That just makes me think of how bad the feud between Legion1979 and Captainaktion was. Never understood it; I always had a pretty good relationship with both guys.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

eabaker wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Legion1979 is likely never coming back. He was a casualty of the Shin Leak wars and was very vocal about it.

That just makes me think of how bad the feud between Legion1979 and Captainaktion was. Never understood it; I always had a pretty good relationship with both guys.
They were both too strong in their views I guess, but agreed I thought they were both cool in their own right.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Godzilla21 wrote:
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:
Disagree.
They all mustard

Wish they would just ketchup to us again in the foreseeable burger.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I just found the parental warnings for Cuties. There's no excuse, this is straight-up pedophilia.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:I just found the parental warnings for Cuties. There's no excuse, this is straight-up pedophilia.
I know, I've cancelled my account with them because of this. I hope that everyone here follows suit. We all need to stand against this evil.

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

"The film that criticizes the oversexualization of minors and how it damages them has oversexualization of minors"

Don't misunderstand me, Netflix handled the controversy like shit, but this is gettind ridiculous
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

Manuelito Canelito wrote:"The film that criticizes the oversexualization of minors and how it damages them has oversexualization of minors"

Don't misunderstand me, Netflix handled the controversy like poop, but this is gettind ridiculous
Thank you, this is what I've been thinking this whole time. Be like a movie about the horrors of war not depicting any casualties or gruesome injuries, the whole point is to make you uncomfortable about it. Will there be people who go into this movie looking for the objectionable parts because that's hot to them? Yes and it's gross, but you can't stop that. Maybe this will be the wake-up call for some of the parents out there who let their kids join stuff like this without thinking, we don't know.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

Gomi: Ninja Monster wrote:
Manuelito Canelito wrote:"The film that criticizes the oversexualization of minors and how it damages them has oversexualization of minors"

Don't misunderstand me, Netflix handled the controversy like poop, but this is gettind ridiculous
Thank you, this is what I've been thinking this whole time. Be like a movie about the horrors of war not depicting any casualties or gruesome injuries, the whole point is to make you uncomfortable about it. Will there be people who go into this movie looking for the objectionable parts because that's hot to them? Yes and it's gross, but you can't stop that. Maybe this will be the wake-up call for some of the parents out there who let their kids join stuff like this without thinking, we don't know.
I'm in no way attacking you, but how in the name of God, can you defend this.

People have seen it and are saying that just pedophilia. I've seen screen shots of the imbd warning page, there is things described on it that made sick. Sick, disgusting, vile things on that page, that if even dare I liked it to I would be permanently banned from here and details passed on to the police.

This "movie" is evil and people who made it and people defending it, belong in jail.