What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
AllosaurHell
Yin-Yang Master

Re: What ruined your day?

Postby AllosaurHell » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:08 pm

LSD Jellyfish wrote:All of that is very fair, and I apologize.

I was just basing my comments on what you originally posted.

I forgive you, the situation for me is more complicated than it seems due to the way I word things and how overall, everything in my life is overstuffed. I really don't know what to expect from this situation because I know there's this selfish part of me who wants everything to go a certain way to benefit me and spite my enemies since I can be spiteful to people I don't like.
"Listen, it's a free country. It's not rent-free country."
- Mr. Ditkovich from Spider-Man 3.

Check out my YouTube channels: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNmWOVX-6Whjz3BPwEMXG0Q https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYySx8TfhJp16vDvNTvTlRQ

master_of_monsters
G-Grasper

Postby master_of_monsters » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:29 pm

never been with a girl in my life, but I'm not terribly bothered by it
your source of self destruction

Fish Cakes
Interpol Agent

Postby Fish Cakes » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:30 pm

My whole thing is, you can't support someone who doesn't want your support or friendship. Likewise, you shouldn't overextend yourself for someone else when there's so much going on in your own life. Self-care is #1, bitches.
master_of_monsters wrote:never been with a girl in my life, but I'm not terribly bothered by it

ok
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:36 pm

Fish Cakes wrote:My whole thing is, you can't support someone who doesn't want your support or friendship. Likewise, you shouldn't overextend yourself for someone else when there's so much going on in your own life. Self-care is #1, bitches.
master_of_monsters wrote:never been with a girl in my life, but I'm not terribly bothered by it

ok

Honestly I haven't been in a stable relationship in a year (something more then a few weeks or beyond hooking up) and it's annoying, but I recognize why that's going on. Self-humility and analysis is important.

I agree about you shouldn't support someone that doesn't want it.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby tyrantgoji » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:25 am

Cockroaches. I hate them.

Fish Cakes
Interpol Agent

Postby Fish Cakes » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:10 pm

tyrantgoji wrote:Cockroaches. I hate them.

I like cockroaches much more than most people on this site tbh. You included.

Not that anyone is horrible, I just love cockroaches.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.

GmkGoji
Interpol Agent

Postby GmkGoji » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:39 pm

My friends brother came up with a Godzilla and Mothra..."relationship." You can guess what the relationship is about.
Why yes. Yes it is.

AllosaurHell
Yin-Yang Master

Postby AllosaurHell » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:20 pm

Fish Cakes wrote:

If you've seen the Men in Black movies, I imagine Edgar the bug is your favorite character.
"Listen, it's a free country. It's not rent-free country."
- Mr. Ditkovich from Spider-Man 3.

Check out my YouTube channels: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNmWOVX-6Whjz3BPwEMXG0Q https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYySx8TfhJp16vDvNTvTlRQ

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Postby Maverick Centigrade » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:45 pm

Finishing Daredevil season 3, and realizing we'll never see its light again.
So then Worf suddenly has a purple space bazooka...

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:02 pm

Fish Cakes wrote:

Cockroaches are absolutely disgusting. I used to have a horrid infestation of them at my old apartment in NYC.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

JAGzilla
Kwaidan

Postby JAGzilla » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:27 pm

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Cockroaches are absolutely disgusting. I used to have a horrid infestation of them at my old apartment in NYC.

Agreed. Like, I respect them, they're beautiful in their own way and one of evolution's masterworks in terms of survivability. But they get into e v e r y t h i n g once they're in your house, spreading poop and general contamination everywhere they go. The only thing worse is mice. And they really are orders of magnitude worse.

Fish Cakes
Interpol Agent

Postby Fish Cakes » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:37 pm

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Fish Cakes wrote:

Cockroaches are absolutely disgusting. I used to have a horrid infestation of them at my old apartment in NYC.

Gojira VS Gokira

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Postby Darth Kiryu » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:06 am

Not really an entire day ruiner, but my boyfriend and I got a PS4 over the weekend, and it messed with our TV's HDCP configuration (or lack thereof). We managed to get the PS4 to work with the TV by disabling HDCP while connected to a smaller TV I use as a second computer monitor, but I haven't been able to connect to this TV with my PS3 via HDMI anymore. I'm thinking perhaps it's an issue where the system thinks I'm trying to illegally copy games or something, since the PS3 is American and the TV is European. Never had this issue until the PS4 (obviously European) came into the picture.

I can still use the PS3 connected via AV cables, but there's a drastic dip in video quality. I also can't just email Playstation support, which is dumb. I can't call either because for one, it's international, and two, I'm going to sleep when their business hours begin.

So not an entire day ruined, though it's taken most of my free time today to try and fix, but will definitely ruin me using my PS3 going forward until the day comes when we're able to get a new or second large TV.
Click the image to join Kaiju Galaxy 2.0! Along with standard kaiju and tokusatsu discussion, we're a hub for fan creativity!

eabaker
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby eabaker » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:37 pm

Finding out that I need open heart surgery within the next few weeks hasn't exactly made my day any better, I'll tell you that much.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

kingkevzilla88
JXSDF Technician

Postby kingkevzilla88 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:49 pm

eabaker wrote:Finding out that I need open heart surgery within the next few weeks hasn't exactly made my day any better, I'll tell you that much.

I don't know what to say, I hope that you're going to ok and get though it.

gottatalktothefake
G-Grasper

Postby gottatalktothefake » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:53 pm

eabaker wrote:Finding out that I need open heart surgery within the next few weeks hasn't exactly made my day any better, I'll tell you that much.

I was going to say that stapling my own fingertip ruined my day, but damn. Really puts things into perspective. I hope you make it through okay. I wish you the best in this.
"Next time it'll be flawless."

eabaker
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby eabaker » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:05 pm

kingkevzilla88 wrote:

I don't know what to say, I hope that you're going to ok and get though it.

Thanks! By the standards of open heart surgeries, a valve replacement is fairly routine, and the surgeon I have a consult with tomorrow is apparently one of the best in the world. Plus, for the last year and a half my doctor has been getting me into the best physical shape of my adult life, because eventually I was going to have to have this surgery (just hoped it'd be ten or twenty years from now), and right now I'm an excellent candidate for it.

I mean, I'm absolutely terrified, of course, but logically I know I'll probably come through this fine.

Added in 29 seconds:
gottatalktothefake wrote:

I was going to say that stapling my own fingertip ruined my day, but damn. Really puts things into perspective. I hope you make it through okay. I wish you the best in this.

Hey, stapling your fingertip hurts! I didn't actually experience any physical pain today! ;)
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby tyrantgoji » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:09 pm

eabaker wrote:
gottatalktothefake wrote:

Hey, stapling your fingertip hurts! I didn't actually experience any physical pain today! ;)

Not entirely sure why i found this so funny but..it is. :lol:

Wish you luck on your upcoming surgery!
Last edited by tyrantgoji on Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eabaker
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby eabaker » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:19 pm

tyrantgoji wrote:
eabaker wrote:
gottatalktothefake wrote:I was going to say that stapling my own fingertip ruined my day, but damn. Really puts things into perspective. I hope you make it through okay. I wish you the best in this.

Not entirely sure why i found this so funny but..it is. :lol:

Wish you luck on your upcoming surgery!

Thank you!

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Postby Maverick Centigrade » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:59 pm

I have made a serious goddamn mistake watching these victim testimonies from the Larry Nassar hearings. I went down the rabbit hole with one YouTube recommendation, and it brought me here. The emotion just drowns you. I'm watching a mother tell her daughter's story, because she couldn't be there to tell it herself, because she took her own life. I haven't cried this hard in a long time. And knowing I have nieces, and baby cousins, that something like this could happen to them, heaven forbid, but the idea just freezes me with horror.

I'm sorry, I just had to say something.
So then Worf suddenly has a purple space bazooka...

Return to “General Discussion”