What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by GmkGoji »

My friends brother came up with a Godzilla and Mothra..."relationship." You can guess what the relationship is about.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

Fish Cakes wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:Cockroaches. I hate them.
I like cockroaches much more than most people on this site tbh. You included.

Not that anyone is horrible, I just love cockroaches.
If you've seen the Men in Black movies, I imagine Edgar the bug is your favorite character.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Finishing Daredevil season 3, and realizing we'll never see its light again.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Fish Cakes wrote:

Cockroaches are absolutely disgusting. I used to have a horrid infestation of them at my old apartment in NYC.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Cockroaches are absolutely disgusting. I used to have a horrid infestation of them at my old apartment in NYC.
Agreed. Like, I respect them, they're beautiful in their own way and one of evolution's masterworks in terms of survivability. But they get into e v e r y t h i n g once they're in your house, spreading shit and general contamination everywhere they go. The only thing worse is mice. And they really are orders of magnitude worse.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Fish Cakes wrote:

Cockroaches are absolutely disgusting. I used to have a horrid infestation of them at my old apartment in NYC.
Gojira VS Gokira
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

Not really an entire day ruiner, but my boyfriend and I got a PS4 over the weekend, and it messed with our TV's HDCP configuration (or lack thereof). We managed to get the PS4 to work with the TV by disabling HDCP while connected to a smaller TV I use as a second computer monitor, but I haven't been able to connect to this TV with my PS3 via HDMI anymore. I'm thinking perhaps it's an issue where the system thinks I'm trying to illegally copy games or something, since the PS3 is American and the TV is European. Never had this issue until the PS4 (obviously European) came into the picture.

I can still use the PS3 connected via AV cables, but there's a drastic dip in video quality. I also can't just email Playstation support, which is dumb. I can't call either because for one, it's international, and two, I'm going to sleep when their business hours begin.

So not an entire day ruined, though it's taken most of my free time today to try and fix, but will definitely ruin me using my PS3 going forward until the day comes when we're able to get a new or second large TV.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Finding out that I need open heart surgery within the next few weeks hasn't exactly made my day any better, I'll tell you that much.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

eabaker wrote:Finding out that I need open heart surgery within the next few weeks hasn't exactly made my day any better, I'll tell you that much.
I don't know what to say, I hope that you're going to ok and get though it.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

eabaker wrote:Finding out that I need open heart surgery within the next few weeks hasn't exactly made my day any better, I'll tell you that much.
I was going to say that stapling my own fingertip ruined my day, but damn. Really puts things into perspective. I hope you make it through okay. I wish you the best in this.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:
I don't know what to say, I hope that you're going to ok and get though it.
Thanks! By the standards of open heart surgeries, a valve replacement is fairly routine, and the surgeon I have a consult with tomorrow is apparently one of the best in the world. Plus, for the last year and a half my doctor has been getting me into the best physical shape of my adult life, because eventually I was going to have to have this surgery (just hoped it'd be ten or twenty years from now), and right now I'm an excellent candidate for it.

I mean, I'm absolutely terrified, of course, but logically I know I'll probably come through this fine.

Added in 29 seconds:
gottatalktothefake wrote:
I was going to say that stapling my own fingertip ruined my day, but damn. Really puts things into perspective. I hope you make it through okay. I wish you the best in this.
Hey, stapling your fingertip hurts! I didn't actually experience any physical pain today! ;)
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

eabaker wrote:
gottatalktothefake wrote:
Hey, stapling your fingertip hurts! I didn't actually experience any physical pain today! ;)
Not entirely sure why i found this so funny but..it is. :lol:

Wish you luck on your upcoming surgery!
Last edited by Gigantis on Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

tyrantgoji wrote:
eabaker wrote:
gottatalktothefake wrote: I was going to say that stapling my own fingertip ruined my day, but damn. Really puts things into perspective. I hope you make it through okay. I wish you the best in this.
Not entirely sure why i found this so funny but..it is. :lol:

Wish you luck on your upcoming surgery!
Thank you!

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

I have made a serious goddamn mistake watching these victim testimonies from the Larry Nassar hearings. I went down the rabbit hole with one YouTube recommendation, and it brought me here. The emotion just drowns you. I'm watching a mother tell her daughter's story, because she couldn't be there to tell it herself, because she took her own life. I haven't cried this hard in a long time. And knowing I have nieces, and baby cousins, that something like this could happen to them, heaven forbid, but the idea just freezes me with horror.

I'm sorry, I just had to say something.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

Someone I know somehow found me on Instagram. Nothing nefarious by any means, but I like to keep my interests private, you know? (that sounded a bit wrong)
What I mean is I basically just use Instagram and Facebook to talk about stuff like Dinosaurs, cryptozoology, random science and even put up random pics of my figures. Stupid I know, but I enjoy it.
Now I'm wondering if I should scrap all that and start a new profile while losing all my followers.
Last edited by ScootaVaran on Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

ScootaVaran wrote:Someone I know somehow found me on Instagram. Nothing nefarious by any means, but I like to keep my interests private, you know? (that sounded a bit wrong)
What I mean is I basically just use Instagram and Facebook to talk about stuff like Dinosaurs, cryptozoology, random science and even put up random pics of my figures. Stupid I know, but I enjoy it.
Now I'm wondering if I should scrap all that and start a new profile while losing all my followers.
Oof. That's legit. It's the opposite for me, I wouldn't care about people I know in real life finding this place (I'm open about how weird, nerdy, and obnoxious I am with them too), but if any of the members here found my Twitter or instagram, I'd be really bothered.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Given I'm up to my repetitiveness and skreeonking about over Disney, Ice Age, A Quiet Place, MCU, kaiju being a stigma to GA and nowadays used to Disney and superheroes, Godzilla vs. Kong not doing well whatever I considered leaving the site again (Guess my requested two month ban was all for nothing...) for a while but decided not to .

I just need to try and learn to not keep doing this. Try thinking before posting or stop myself and think what I'm about to do before posting it. I don't really blame some people on here for liking me like Manu and SpiritGhidorah and they are right what I am. I don't know if what I just keep doing is a habit or part of my autism (No offense to those that has it) but for everyone I've annoyed you have every right being to not like me and I know its hard to believe me at this point giving I keep putting that knife into your backs or how many leaves I keep turning over but I'm gonna try.

Regardless its all still no excuse given I'm 27 years old and been doing this poop for 10 years now. This is a god damn wake up call to myself.

I'm truly sorry to all I've really annoyed and I have nothing to prove I just gotta try not doing anymore of this is all and I'm gonna start now.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Hit a fucking deer on my way to work this morning
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

gottatalktothefake wrote:Hit a skreeonking deer on my way to work this morning
Ouch. Clearly you pulled through, but did your car?
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

JAGzilla wrote:
gottatalktothefake wrote:Hit a skreeonking deer on my way to work this morning
Ouch. Clearly you pulled through, but did your car?
I clipped it with my bumper, the number is detached on the driver side and a bit of the plastic on the bottom is broken but the damaged was isolated. None of the internal stuff was damaged though. It sucks but it could have been a LOT worse.

I was half an hour late because of it.