What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
MC_Lovecraft
G-Force Personnel

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by MC_Lovecraft »

Triple shot at work today. First, just the usual rush of the busy season. I anticipate being on my feet for ten hours a day for the foreseeable future and am not happy about it. Second, Covid is stalking the aisles again, and out here some people act like you're a traitor if you wear a mask. Thirdly, a coworker I'm very fond of(platonically!) is moving, and her last day's the 17th. I'll be without a partner in mischief at the time of year I most need a PickMeUp. What a world. -_-

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

MC_Lovecraft wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:09 pm Triple shot at work today. First, just the usual rush of the busy season. I anticipate being on my feet for ten hours a day for the foreseeable future and am not happy about it. Second, Covid is stalking the aisles again, and out here some people act like you're a traitor if you wear a mask. Thirdly, a coworker I'm very fond of(platonically!) is moving, and her last day's the 17th. I'll be without a partner in mischief at the time of year I most need a PickMeUp. What a world. -_-
I'm really sorry you're going through that, dude.

What a world, indeed.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Oh boy, don't you just love it when you are doing your job and then all of a sudden a family of alcoholic fucks come by and ruin it and get angry at you when you tell them the simple alcohol rules of the place? Yeah, that is what I had to deal with earlier today. A group of people, most likely a family, wanted to buy some cans of Truly, but they were still drinking their previously purchased cans of Truly when they were going to buy more. I didn't know that until they opened their new cans and started drinking from them before they even purchased the cans. Like, what the fuck? I needed to tell them that it was only one can per person and that they needed to finish their previous drink before they could buy more. But they, apparently, are in such a hurry to get as much alcohol in their blood streams as they want. I tried to be nice, but they were in such a hurry, like they wanted to get drunk, and started to get angry and annoyed with me. Later, those same people were causing trouble with my manager when they ruined a display and my manager was trying to get them to knock it off. One of the guys accused my manager of assaulting him and even recorded him on his phone. I believe they were reported to security, but I don't know what happened to them. Such a frustrating experience. Seriously, some people just can't control themselves when it comes to alcohol.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

MC_Lovecraft
G-Force Personnel

Post by MC_Lovecraft »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:04 pm Oh boy, don't you just love it when you are doing your job and then all of a sudden a family of alcoholic fucks come by and ruin it and get angry at you when you tell them the simple alcohol rules of the place? Yeah, that is what I had to deal with earlier today. A group of people, most likely a family, wanted to buy some cans of Truly, but they were still drinking their previously purchased cans of Truly when they were going to buy more. I didn't know that until they opened their new cans and started drinking from them before they even purchased the cans. Like, what the fuck? I needed to tell them that it was only one can per person and that they needed to finish their previous drink before they could buy more. But they, apparently, are in such a hurry to get as much alcohol in their blood streams as they want. I tried to be nice, but they were in such a hurry, like they wanted to get drunk, and started to get angry and annoyed with me. Later, those same people were causing trouble with my manager when they ruined a display and my manager was trying to get them to knock it off. One of the guys accused my manager of assaulting him and even recorded him on his phone. I believe they were reported to security, but I don't know what happened to them. Such a frustrating experience. Seriously, some people just can't control themselves when it comes to alcohol.
Geez! There are few things worse than a belligerent drunk, but a whole pack of them?! Sorry you had to deal with that man.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I found out that a co-worker that I had a crush on was fired recently. I was hoping to ask her out on a date someday, but now that's not going to happen.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:52 pm I found out that a co-worker that I had a crush on was fired recently. I was hoping to ask her out on a date someday, but now that's not going to happen.
Why not? Better to ask her out now that you no longer work together. Trust me, workplace romances don't go well. Now, if she says no, it won't be awkward at work. If she says yes, you won't have co-workers prying about your relationship every day.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

G.H.B
Interpol Agent

Post by G.H.B »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:26 am [quote=CrimsonBloodX post_id=<a href="tel:1954843">1954843</a> time=<a href="tel:1699851157">1699851157</a> user_id=10543]
I found out that a co-worker that I had a crush on was fired recently. I was hoping to ask her out on a date someday, but now that's not going to happen.
Why not? Better to ask her out now that you no longer work together. Trust me, workplace romances don't go well. Now, if she says no, it won't be awkward at work. If she says yes, you won't have co-workers prying about your relationship every day.
[/quote]

This. Dude take it from the king of regret and missed opportunity. ASK HER.

Follinollante
Interpol Agent

Post by Follinollante »

This didn't ruin my day, per se, but:
My sister just told me that she has a thing for my best friend (who, by the way, is downright stereotypically oblivious).
I just... don't know how to process this, or what to do with this information. Plus, things are gonna be really awkward regarding how I view and interact with the two of them from here on out.
If I had a penny for every time I made a fool of myself online... actually, I'd rather not think about it.
Let's go back to just watching and enjoying monster movies.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:26 am
CrimsonBloodX wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:52 pm I found out that a co-worker that I had a crush on was fired recently. I was hoping to ask her out on a date someday, but now that's not going to happen.
It sounds like he can't contact her any longer because she's fired. How's he going to talk to her?
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:02 pm
HedorahIsBestGirl wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:26 am
It sounds like he can't contact her any longer because she's fired. How's he going to talk to her?
There are these things called "phones" and "social media."
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:37 am There are these things called "phones" and "social media."
Obviously we're having a hypothetical conversation at this point since the person on whose behalf we're arguing seems understandably done talking about this. That said, the phone option is out of he didn't get her number. I guess he could ask other coworkers and maybe find someone who had her number, or go really dramatic and pry the number out of human resources or something. But I can understand not being inclined to do so.

Social media is only on the table if she is on social media. Not an unlikely state of affairs in 2023, but not guaranteed, either. And while I have no idea what the kids' etiquette is with this stuff today, I dunno, asking a girl out through Facebook seems kinda less than ideal.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

JAGzilla wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:32 am
HedorahIsBestGirl wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:37 am There are these things called "phones" and "social media."
Obviously we're having a hypothetical conversation at this point since the person on whose behalf we're arguing seems understandably done talking about this. That said, the phone option is out of he didn't get her number. I guess he could ask other coworkers and maybe find someone who had her number, or go really dramatic and pry the number out of human resources or something. But I can understand not being inclined to do so.

Social media is only on the table if she is on social media. Not an unlikely state of affairs in 2023, but not guaranteed, either. And while I have no idea what the kids' etiquette is with this stuff today, I dunno, asking a girl out through Facebook seems kinda less than ideal.
Everyone has social media in the year of 2023 and I don't want to hear about your uncle's cousin's fucking friend who doesn't. Just hitting on someone out of the blue on social media is definitely weird, but it's another story if he were to casually message her, say he misses working with her, and suss out if she may be interested in pursuing some sort of relationship, whether romantic or platonic. Crimson Blood X, if you're still checking this thread, that's what I suggest you do.

The nitpicking on here is starting to irritate me. I posted in here to encourage Crimson not to give up on a possible relationship because of a complication; I've made that mistake many times in the past. I don't need two separate people coming in here trying to challenge my advice because of dumb technicalities which there are easy workarounds for. Let's save the arguing for the Godzilla-related threads, not when we're trying to help our fellow board members. I won't respond to anything else about this topic.
Last edited by HedorahIsBestGirl on Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Oh, no, don't get me wrong. Crimson: if you have the means and you're serious, ask her. Do it. Don't be an awkward coward like me and never get anywhere in life. I was never suggesting otherwise.

HIBG: I was just being annoying and playing devil's advocate. I do that kind of reflexively sometimes. Dumb and tactless, I agree, and I'm sorry for derailing the conversation.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

G.H.B wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:20 am
HedorahIsBestGirl wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:26 am [quote=CrimsonBloodX post_id=<a href="tel:1954843">1954843</a> time=<a href="tel:1699851157">1699851157</a> user_id=10543]
This. Dude take it from the king of regret and missed opportunity. ASK HER.
[/quote]

Unfortunately, I haven't seen her since early October, and I don't have any way to contact her. We never hanged out after work or share each other's phone number, so I can't ask her out even if I wanted to.

It's all right, though. I've gotten over it. Maybe I'll get another chance someday.
Last edited by CrimsonBloodX on Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Today mostly panned out pretty well. The food was good and I watched the Macy's parade and an episode of Monarch with my family. The only downside was I walked into a damn tree branch in my yard and jabbed myself in the eye. It wasn't bad, but my eye is irritated and blurry now. I'm nearsighted and have astigmatism as it is, so hopefully this clears up fast. I really don't need it.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Realizing just how extensive the Russian army's network of underground tunnels are in Ukraine.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

Learning that Dinoland U.S.A. is gonna be closed down. I've never had the privilege of visiting there (or Disney World in general for that matter), and it's more than likely gonna be gone by the time I can afford to visit Orlando.
Last edited by Leviarex on Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

This didn't ruin my day, but it was stupid.

I went over to my local Staples to buy two packages of 10 three-pocket sheet protectors, only to find out that the product I wanted (which was a store brand product, of all things) was discontinued.

Can anyone help me try to find this product? It's plastic pages with two 4 3/4 by 7 3/4 inch pockets in the front that are big enough for, say, postcards and one 8.5 by 11 inch pocket in the back. One of the workers told me that maybe I could find them at Office Depot, Walmart, or CVS.
Last edited by mikelcho on Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:53 am, edited 11 times in total.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Me and a friend I just made were getting along, but all of a sudden him and his other friends started being a bunch of dicks online, it sucks even more that the person I'm talking about is a TK member, as well.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Tested positive for Covid yesterday. :(
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You