What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

There's a possibility where I live, we could be entering the yellow zone. There's been a recent spike in cases, so I'm probably gonna start laying low again.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Knowing what was supposed to come out today. It's gonna be a long wait.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:40 am Knowing what was supposed to come out today. It's gonna be a long wait.
And most likely is gonna get delayed again for sure.

Thus the continuation of this wild goose chase. Honestly at this point, I'd rather they just release it VoD because let's be honest. Theaters aren't gonna be the same as they used to be. Those days are pretty much over.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:46 am
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:40 am Knowing what was supposed to come out today. It's gonna be a long wait.
And most likely is gonna get delayed again for sure.

Thus the continuation of this wild goose chase. Honestly at this point, I'd rather they just release it VoD because let's be honest. Theaters aren't gonna be the same as they used to be. Those days are pretty much over.
That's why I'm super glad I picked up Ultraman back in June.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:46 am Thus the continuation of this wild goose chase. Honestly at this point, I'd rather they just release it VoD because let's be honest. Theaters aren't gonna be the same as they used to be. Those days are pretty much over.
This is astonishingly short-sighted. Covid is not going to be around forever, we've already got several promising (so I've heard) vaccines in the works, and once it's gone things will be able to go back to normal. Give it a year or two, and this thing will mostly be a bad memory. Even if the current theater chains can't hold out that long and go under, someone new will step in and start up new chains to fill that hole in the market.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

JAGzilla wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:50 pmThis is astonishingly short-sighted. Covid is not going to be around forever, we've already got several promising (so I've heard) vaccines in the works, and once it's gone things will be able to go back to normal. Give it a year or two, and this thing will mostly be a bad memory. Even if the current theater chains can't hold out that long and go under, someone new will step in and start up new chains to fill that hole in the market.
Except that the virus could mutate further especially becoming deadlier making all vaccine attempts futile and going back to square one.

Also, it wouldn't surprise me given all the poop we've been through this year that we end up in an I Am Legend situation next year. 2020s final sendoff with 2021 taking on its legacy.

Better yet, watch next month a new virus pops up in the form of a new strain of hantavirus leading to another pandemic.

The rise of hantavirus, the successor of coronavirus.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:59 pm Except that the virus could mutate further especially becoming deadlier making all vaccine attempts futile and going back to square one.

Also, it wouldn't surprise me given all the poop we've been through this year that we end up in an I Am Legend situation next year. 2020s final sendoff with 2021 taking on its legacy.

Better yet, watch next month a new virus pops up in the form of a new strain of hantavirus leading to another pandemic.

The rise of hantavirus, the successor of coronavirus.
Or maybe you're just overthinking stuff.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Gigantis wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:08 pmOr maybe you're just overthinking stuff.
Yeah sorry, I'm just tired of this skreeonking year and everything that has been happening.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

It's important to remember that Covid spread so quickly to a wide variety of beneficial (to the virus) factors. Symptoms don't appear for a while, so it takes time for people to get tests and take the precautionary measures; it's extremely contagious and spreads quite easily; and it's mortality rate is low. A virus wants to spread, and killing its host harms its chances of spreading.

That's why it's hard to contain.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Really bad S.A.D. Combined with the inability to travel around=really bad headspace recently. The thing is I’m doing well at work and in my studies, so I don’t have a real reason to be depressed, I just am. Sort of feel trapped in my little apartment, but that’s how everyone feels. Anyone who feels the same, hang in there!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

I felt trapped in the beginning by COVID but I make sure now to get out at least once a day through a walk or a trip to Target or the store or taking my kids to the park. It's really important not to be couped up all day in your house if you can help it.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I've known of my Type 1 diagnosis for little over a year now but never has a glucose drop felt this life-threatening. I couldn't sit straight, the blood sugar number was so low it couldn't even be read, my heartbeat could be felt clearly. Legit felt like I could die but at least, I'm fine now.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:20 pm I've known of my Type 1 diagnosis for little over a year now but never has a glucose drop felt this life-threatening. I couldn't sit straight, the blood sugar number was so low it couldn't even be read, my heartbeat could be felt clearly. Legit felt like I could die but at least, I'm fine now.
Oh yeah, always watch yourself when you have diabetes! It runs really bad in my family (though it skipped me for some reason) and one wrong move can be a death sentance.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Knowing about the ancestors of Alfred E Neuman.

Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

China is continuing the bullying of Australia with fake images and insulting cartoons. I mean, the one of the Australian Soldier and the Afghan child doesn’t even look real. The CCP gets on my nerves to no end. Luckily, fellow western countries are sticking up for us, so that’s something good.
For Emperor and Empire!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

VoyagerGoji wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:10 am China is continuing the bullying of Australia with fake images and insulting cartoons. I mean, the one of the Australian Soldier and the Afghan child doesn’t even look real. The CCP gets on my nerves to no end. Luckily, fellow western countries are sticking up for us, so that’s something good.
I’m a bit out of the loop on this one. Why is the CCP going after Australia?
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Kaiju-King42 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:10 am
VoyagerGoji wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:10 am China is continuing the bullying of Australia with fake images and insulting cartoons. I mean, the one of the Australian Soldier and the Afghan child doesn’t even look real. The CCP gets on my nerves to no end. Luckily, fellow western countries are sticking up for us, so that’s something good.
I’m a bit out of the loop on this one. Why is the CCP going after Australia?
Something along the lines of the Aus. Government wanting to investigate the origins of Covid-19 and trade disputes. Also China is taking advantage of the Australian War Crimes in Afghanistan situation calling all of Australia out for it, when it is actually Australia who pointed the war crimes out and condemned them.
Last edited by Voyager on Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

The Arecibo Telescope collapsed this Tuesday. I had just learned of it via Alien Worlds today so this was quite a shock and a pity.
https://twitter.com/AccuAstronomy/statu ... 6339765249

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ Yeah, that thing was an icon of astronomy and Ufology both; they used to show it all the time in UFO and Chupacabra documentaries. Sad to see it go.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:09 pm The Arecibo Telescope collapsed this Tuesday. I had just learned of it via Alien Worlds today so this was quite a shock and a pity.
https://twitter.com/AccuAstronomy/statu ... 6339765249
That thing was also used for Janus base in Goldeneye.