What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Godzilla21
Keizer

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by Godzilla21 »

Fish Cakes wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:
GigaBowserG wrote:Younger sister left to be with her fiance over in Europe. The age of technology keeps things close, but it won't quite be the same. Wishing them the best.
Hey at least that gives you a nice excuse to take a fancy trip to Europe in the future!
Or they can take a GOOD trip to a REAL country. B)
What? Europe is a country now?
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Godzilla21 wrote:
Fish Cakes wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Hey at least that gives you a nice excuse to take a fancy trip to Europe in the future!
Or they can take a GOOD trip to a REAL country. B)
Well... if the EU ever truly starts working, I think the intention is for it to basically become a United States of Europe, so that may be in the cards for the future...
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

JAGzilla wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
Fish Cakes wrote: Or they can take a GOOD trip to a REAL country. B)
Well... if the EU ever truly starts working, I think the intention is for it to basically become a United States of Europe, so that may be in the cards for the future...
Yeah, I don't see the French rushing to give up their distinct national identity...
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

People did not understand my hilarious American Pride joke. :c
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

I have suffered for the second time with a new girl I like in that she's going out with someone else and this guy is very rude and snobbish and doesn't work hard for anything and gets everything handed over to him on a silver platter. People who are selfish, rude and get everything handed over to them disgust me because they end up screwing over those who actually work hard for what they want. I just about give up with relationships which I know sounds silly but it's taken a toll on me this entire year due to a lack of positive results. I can't wait till 2019 ends, it's been a horrible year and I want to start over in 2020 just to see a big monkey boi fight a dinosaur next March.
Last edited by AllosaurHell on Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

AllosaurHell wrote:I have suffered for the second time with a new girl I like in that she's going out with someone else and this guy is very rude and snobbish and doesn't work hard for anything and gets everything handed over to him on a silver platter. I just about give up with relationships which I know sounds silly but it's taken a toll on me this entire year. I can't wait till 2019 ends, it's been a horrible year and I want to start over in 2020 just to see a big monkey boi fight big dino boi in March 2020.
If he's as bad as you say he is, then do you really wanna date a girl who is willing to date that? Probably not.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

Living Corpse wrote:
AllosaurHell wrote:I have suffered for the second time with a new girl I like in that she's going out with someone else and this guy is very rude and snobbish and doesn't work hard for anything and gets everything handed over to him on a silver platter. I just about give up with relationships which I know sounds silly but it's taken a toll on me this entire year. I can't wait till 2019 ends, it's been a horrible year and I want to start over in 2020 just to see a big monkey boi fight big dino boi in March 2020.
If he's as bad as you say he is, then do you really wanna date a girl who is willing to date that? Probably not.
You make a good point, but it could also lead to her realizing how horrible he is and finally ditching him (which I want to happen). I'm pretty happy you joined in on this because you always bring interesting points or destroy people's arguments flawlessly in your videos.
Last edited by AllosaurHell on Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

AllosaurHell wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
You make a good point, but it could also lead to her realizing how horrible he is finally ditching him (what I want to happen). I'm pretty happy you joined in on this because you always bring interesting points or destroy people's arguments flawlessly in your videos.
Snort

I wish, I actually hate confrontations, it's why half the time you don't see me respond in fights. I just get outbursts once in a while from boiling over.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

Living Corpse wrote:
AllosaurHell wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
You make a good point, but it could also lead to her realizing how horrible he is finally ditching him (what I want to happen). I'm pretty happy you joined in on this because you always bring interesting points or destroy people's arguments flawlessly in your videos.
Snort

I wish, I actually hate confrontations, it's why half the time you don't see me respond in fights. I just get outbursts once in a while from boiling over.
Ah okay, either way thanks for your input because I will think about it. Worst part is she isn't responding to my texts now (she sees them) but she used to reply to me, this is already rubbing me the wrong way because even as a friend it seems she wants to prioritize this idiot over others close to her and one of my theories is that the guy she's with a jealous insecure weirdo who doesn't want her to text me. She'll inevitably realize the mistake's she's made because she's already ruining a friendship over something so stupid and I definitely blame him for it, fuck him.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Been in the same scenario, except when we started dating I figured I "saved" her from the toxic relationship, just to find out from a mutual friend, she was still all over the guy, (dude would cheat etc). I don't know if I've just been burnt too many times by this situation, but it seems like those who stay in toxic relationships, don't want to come out of it no matter what.
Friends
family

It's like an addiction.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

AllosaurHell wrote:I have suffered for the second time with a new girl I like in that she's going out with someone else and this guy is very rude and snobbish and doesn't work hard for anything and gets everything handed over to him on a silver platter. People who are selfish, rude and get everything handed over to them disgust me because they end up screwing over those who actually work hard for what they want. I just about give up with relationships which I know sounds silly but it's taken a toll on me this entire year due to a lack of positive results. I can't wait till 2019 ends, it's been a horrible year and I want to start over in 2020 just to see a big monkey boi fight a dinosaur next March.
why don't girls like nice guys. how come people don't automatically love me because i think I'm awesome.

Honestly, your thinking is toxic. Just accept that she's with someone and move on. I'd understand if she left you or something for another guy, but literally you're complaining that some girl you want to get in her pants already had a boyfriend. How do you know what they talk about or what they do in their private time?
AllosaurHell wrote: Worst part is she isn't responding to my texts now (she sees them) but she used to reply to me, this is already rubbing me the wrong way because even as a friend it seems she wants to prioritize this idiot over others close to her and one of my theories is that the guy she's with a jealous insecure weirdo who doesn't want her to text me. She'll inevitably realize the mistake's she's made because she's already ruining a friendship over something so stupid and I definitely blame him for it, skreeonk him.
I've been on many many ends of this spectrum. Ever consider that you weren't really that close to begin with, or that once she realized that you were only friends with her because you wanted to date her. Or maybe she realized how weird it was that you continually texted her? I've also been the boyfriend when the girlfriend is saying someone who they casually know, keeps talking to them and texting them. I've had male friends that "cut themselves" off when they're in relationships, because they're busy spending time with their GF.

If you have any actual evidence of anything actually abusive, you're in the right, but otherwise stop coming up with scenarios or feelings as to why someone isn't talking to you. It's mentally unhealthy.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
AllosaurHell wrote:I have suffered for the second time with a new girl I like in that she's going out with someone else and this guy is very rude and snobbish and doesn't work hard for anything and gets everything handed over to him on a silver platter. People who are selfish, rude and get everything handed over to them disgust me because they end up screwing over those who actually work hard for what they want. I just about give up with relationships which I know sounds silly but it's taken a toll on me this entire year due to a lack of positive results. I can't wait till 2019 ends, it's been a horrible year and I want to start over in 2020 just to see a big monkey boi fight a dinosaur next March.
why don't girls like nice guys. how come people don't automatically love me because i think I'm awesome.

Honestly, your thinking is toxic. Just accept that she's with someone and move on. I'd understand if she left you or something for another guy, but literally you're complaining that some girl you want to get in her pants already had a boyfriend. How do you know what they talk about or what they do in their private time?
AllosaurHell wrote: Worst part is she isn't responding to my texts now (she sees them) but she used to reply to me, this is already rubbing me the wrong way because even as a friend it seems she wants to prioritize this idiot over others close to her and one of my theories is that the guy she's with a jealous insecure weirdo who doesn't want her to text me. She'll inevitably realize the mistake's she's made because she's already ruining a friendship over something so stupid and I definitely blame him for it, skreeonk him.
I've been on many many ends of this spectrum. Ever consider that you weren't really that close to begin with, or that once she realized that you were only friends with her because you wanted to date her. Or maybe she realized how weird it was that you continually texted her? I've also been the boyfriend when the girlfriend is saying someone who they casually know, keeps talking to them and texting them. I've had male friends that "cut themselves" off when they're in relationships, because they're busy spending time with their GF.

If you have any actual evidence of anything actually abusive, you're in the right, but otherwise stop coming up with scenarios or feelings as to why someone isn't talking to you. It's mentally unhealthy.
Echoing this. Don't be that fedora tipping neckbeard, Allosaur. You're better than that. Leave them alone.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:

Let me explain:
1. I don't believe in the "good girls like bad boys" stereotype, it's silly and an incel's way of viewing things and an overall unfunny joke.

2. I don't text or spam her, I text her on a minimal basis and we've been friends for months now so her no longer replying to my messages that are only sent once in a while feels strange considering how things were prior.

3. You make it seems as if sex is the only thing I care for when in reality, that's quite a shallow way of viewing a relationship because to me, an ideal girlfriend is a companion who is with you till the end and will support you, a lot of people undermine these aspects of a relationship.

4. Simply, it's frustration due to me struggling this entire year for other personal tragedies that have occurred in the entire year, having to deal with so many hard hitting things in life is something very overwhelming for me especially as an 18 year old because I'm in the transitional period in my life where I'm going to take new paths.

5. I just feel alienated, I don't have any hatred for the girl or think other stupid negative things because that's just too incel of a thing to do. The media seemingly undermines how social introverts like myself (who spend time on the internet discussing a giant radioactive dinosaur who spread too much joy through my life) can have different effects to rejection than extroverts. Even if they are in a relationship and I don't have a say in what happens, I don't want it to affect our friendship because shutting down your other friends just for your boyfriend is in itself, not a good idea and I've been told it's pretty much the starting signs of how toxic relationships are formed and because I know from people in my life who went though this that evasive couples who don't want their significant others to be around family and friends are just not healthy relationships because all freedom is essentially stripped. Yet again you are correct in that I shouldn't be speculating too much, my mom says this too because for all we know, the girl will talk to me about this at some point so we can just mutually agree with the path our lives are going and co-exist in peace with no conflicts being involved.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

All of that is very fair, and I apologize.

I was just basing my comments on what you originally posted.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:All of that is very fair, and I apologize.

I was just basing my comments on what you originally posted.
I forgive you, the situation for me is more complicated than it seems due to the way I word things and how overall, everything in my life is overstuffed. I really don't know what to expect from this situation because I know there's this selfish part of me who wants everything to go a certain way to benefit me and spite my enemies since I can be spiteful to people I don't like.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

never been with a girl in my life, but I'm not terribly bothered by it
your source of self destruction

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

My whole thing is, you can't support someone who doesn't want your support or friendship. Likewise, you shouldn't overextend yourself for someone else when there's so much going on in your own life. Self-care is #1, bitches.
master_of_monsters wrote:never been with a girl in my life, but I'm not terribly bothered by it
ok

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Fish Cakes wrote:My whole thing is, you can't support someone who doesn't want your support or friendship. Likewise, you shouldn't overextend yourself for someone else when there's so much going on in your own life. Self-care is #1, bitches.
master_of_monsters wrote:never been with a girl in my life, but I'm not terribly bothered by it
ok
Honestly I haven't been in a stable relationship in a year (something more then a few weeks or beyond hooking up) and it's annoying, but I recognize why that's going on. Self-humility and analysis is important.

I agree about you shouldn't support someone that doesn't want it.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Cockroaches. I hate them.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

tyrantgoji wrote:Cockroaches. I hate them.
I like cockroaches much more than most people on this site tbh. You included.

Not that anyone is horrible, I just love cockroaches.