What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
G-Matt
Futurian

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by G-Matt »

LegendZilla wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:33 pm Given that I was fortunate enough to meet the man, I actually felt the weight of him passing.
100% agreed. :cry:
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

G-Matt wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:01 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:33 pm Given that I was fortunate enough to meet the man, I actually felt the weight of him passing.
100% agreed. :cry:
Despite the enormous impact on me he had through film, I think his influence on me became greater after meeting him only once in person. I just realized he is basically life goals lol. His good attitude was infectious!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Big arguments between my parents today and yesterday. And somehow, they always have to find a way to drag me and my sisters into it. The worst part is I can literally never pick a side because they’re both so bad in their own ways. I gotta try and mediate but they unfortunately are very stubborn. My sisters also get pretty upset during these arguments and I try to make sure they’re ok too.

Luckily, my parents have never ever gone too verbally abusive or even gone near physical.

I just feel stressed whenever there’s an argument because if it escalates, nobody is going to be happy.
For Emperor and Empire!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Voyager wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:19 pm Big arguments between my parents today and yesterday. And somehow, they always have to find a way to drag me and my sisters into it. The worst part is I can literally never pick a side because they’re both so bad in their own ways. I gotta try and mediate but they unfortunately are very stubborn. My sisters also get pretty upset during these arguments and I try to make sure they’re ok too.

Luckily, my parents have never ever gone too verbally abusive or even gone near physical.

I just feel stressed whenever there’s an argument because if it escalates, nobody is going to be happy.
They just drag you and your sisters into their squabbles without giving a shit how uncomfortable it makes you all feel?
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:28 pm
Voyager wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:19 pm Big arguments between my parents today and yesterday. And somehow, they always have to find a way to drag me and my sisters into it. The worst part is I can literally never pick a side because they’re both so bad in their own ways. I gotta try and mediate but they unfortunately are very stubborn. My sisters also get pretty upset during these arguments and I try to make sure they’re ok too.

They just drag you and your sisters into their squabbles without giving a shit how uncomfortable it makes you all feel?
Unfortunately, that does happen sometimes. Don’t get me wrong here, they’re good parents. It’s just that they really can’t deal with disagreements well, and always feel the need to one-up each other.

They bring us into the arguments as examples of how one of them is disadvantaged against the other. Other times it’s justified because one kid does something and that whole ordeal spirals into an argument between the parents, but even then they have a chance of dragging the rest of us in.

My mum’s got the whole “I know best”, but she really does try to care for us in an argument, even if it means going against reason. My dad on the other hand has the whole “no one in this house listens to me”, which is not true mind you, but he is more reasonable in an argument.

So… bad and good all around. When they calm down, they seem pretty ashamed of themselves.
For Emperor and Empire!

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

I have Covid. Tested positive today but I’ve been sick since Monday.

I’m doing way better than the last two days though, feels like a cold now
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:06 pm I have Covid. Tested positive today but I’ve been sick since Monday.

I’m doing way better than the last two days though, feels like a cold now
Well, stay safe. I’m glad you’re feeling better, and I hope you get well soon :)
For Emperor and Empire!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Bruce Willis having been diagnosed with aphasia. :(

It was a good run in acting while it lasted. Praying him for the best to live the rest of his life in peace with support and help from family and friends.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Dropped my Godzilla 1991 Kit I was working on. Luckily, only one tooth is broken, but I just can't get it right. I paid a lot of money for it so am very disappointed.

Extreme Warhawk
GPN Volunteer

Post by Extreme Warhawk »

I had my debt card hacked

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Yeah, that'll do it

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I vomited during my shift, was sent to the nurse's office. They told me that it was because of heat exhaustion, but I think it's because of my poor choice of food to have for breakfast and lunch. Whatever the case, I felt fine after I vomited. I told my lead and manager that I was good enough to continue my shift, but after a couple of minutes, they told me that I had to clock out early just because I vomited. It didn't matter that I felt fine and still wanted to work for the last hour and a half of my shift, I needed to leave early for health concerns. I was upset and they knew it, but I had to do what they told me to do. At least I cheered myself up by eating at Wetzel's Pretzels, Voodoo Doughnut and The Habit Burger Grill.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I can't seem to find a damn extra-length plastic straw from Starbucks.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:00 pm I vomited during my shift, was sent to the nurse's office. They told me that it was because of heat exhaustion, but I think it's because of my poor choice of food to have for breakfast and lunch. Whatever the case, I felt fine after I vomited. I told my lead and manager that I was good enough to continue my shift, but after a couple of minutes, they told me that I had to clock out early just because I vomited. It didn't matter that I felt fine and still wanted to work for the last hour and a half of my shift, I needed to leave early for health concerns. I was upset and they knew it, but I had to do what they told me to do. At least I cheered myself up by eating at Wetzel's Pretzels, Voodoo Doughnut and The Habit Burger Grill.
You bastard! I want Voodoo Doughnut! :cry:
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:45 pm
CrimsonBloodX wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:00 pm I vomited during my shift, was sent to the nurse's office. They told me that it was because of heat exhaustion, but I think it's because of my poor choice of food to have for breakfast and lunch. Whatever the case, I felt fine after I vomited. I told my lead and manager that I was good enough to continue my shift, but after a couple of minutes, they told me that I had to clock out early just because I vomited. It didn't matter that I felt fine and still wanted to work for the last hour and a half of my shift, I needed to leave early for health concerns. I was upset and they knew it, but I had to do what they told me to do. At least I cheered myself up by eating at Wetzel's Pretzels, Voodoo Doughnut and The Habit Burger Grill.
You bastard! I want Voodoo Doughnut! :cry:
Well, find a Voodoo Doughnut near you, get in line and buy some, my man!
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

The closest is Denver and that's like a12 or 13 hour drive (really just want an excuse to visit Portland again)..
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

https://www.cbr.com/jurassic-world-domi ... ign=CBR-TW

I just want to see JP dinosaurs as animals again, for f*cks sake.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:41 am https://www.cbr.com/jurassic-world-domi ... ign=CBR-TW

But..

I thought having a dinosaur that was downright insane and wanted to kill everything in sight for fun was what the two hybrids were for?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:41 am https://www.cbr.com/jurassic-world-domi ... ign=CBR-TW

The Lost World was the only entry that depicted the dinos as animals across the board. The first film had The Big One, and in JP3, the Spino was stalking the cast like Jason Voorhees & eating 20mm HEI rounds like Godzilla.

The books were even worse about this.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I think it’s really time to stop caring how accurate the dinosaur are portray in the Jurassic Park series and just have fun with it.
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.