What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Living Corpse wrote:
gottatalktothefake wrote:My pc doesn’t meet the requirements for planet zoo. I’ve had this laptop since 2016 and it can play about 91% of games according to systems requirements labs and I’ll probably have to upgrade soon.

Already requested the refund. But damn was I looking forward to this.
Laptops suck when it comes to gaming (am laptop user).
They don’t require assembly and can be transported easily, like I said, systems requirements labs says I can run an estimated 91% of games, which is pretty good for a 2k16 laptop.

And I can run shit like the RE2 remake and Jedi fallen order on high with no problems. The game is super graphically taxing for some reason.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

gottatalktothefake wrote: The game is super graphically taxing for some reason.
That's the impression I'm getting, too. I installed Planet Zoo on my desktop last night, and while it is playable, the computer was running hard the whole time I played, with the fan going and everything. I don't think I even have the graphics settings on high, either; I haven't checked yet.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

My mother's starting to have issues with bell's palsy, and it's really making her upset. My sister and I are doing everything we can to comfort her, but it's just so disheartening to see her like this.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Welp, I've had a pretty shitty start to the New Year. Been sick with the flu for 3 days and now I have tendonitis in my right middle finger. Am I going to get hit by a car next? How about getting struck by lightning :lol:
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Breakdown wrote:Welp, I've had a pretty shitty start to the New Year. Been sick with the flu for 3 days and now I have tendonitis in my right middle finger. Am I going to get hit by a car next? How about getting struck by lightning :lol:
I was actually sick till the day before Christmas so i feel your pain. :lol:
Kiryu2012 wrote:My mother's starting to have issues with bell's palsy, and it's really making her upset. My sister and I are doing everything we can to comfort her, but it's just so disheartening to see her like this.
Man that must be awful, i wouldn't know what do to with myself if i had that. Hope your mom gets better!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Lost my swimming goggles in a big wave.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Laziness

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Throwing out my back.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

Woke up to a text from my aunt saying that she has a serious health condition and isn't sure if she'll get through it.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Not exactly a ruined your day moment but decided I'm going to take a bit of a break here since I'm getting to my repetitive habit again.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Not exactly a ruined your day moment but decided I'm going to take a bit of a break here since I'm getting to my repetitive habit again.
You literally do nothing wrong, and then complain endlessly about doing something wrong, and that`s worse than the former.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

*deleted*
Last edited by Billzilla1974 on Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never forget the Showa Era, R.I.P, Haruo Nakajima 8/7/2017. :g64:
Extra THICC!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Eh forget what I said. It was an overreaction. No one's perfect and I just gotta keep working at it.

Added in 11 hours 46 minutes 9 seconds:
Scott Derrickson leaving Doctor Strange 2.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

More ruined night, but I got the worst sleep I've had in a while. Had a hard time falling asleep and eventually had a damn nightmare that woke me up.

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

I don't like the home I live in. I hate the neighborhood. I hate being stuck living with my parents because I don't win enough money to pay for anything decent. I can't live with another person to help pay rent for something decent because of my SPD. I don't like my job. I do like the paychecks, but buying something nice for myself very often just feels shallow and pointless and has me feeling buyer's remorse. I'm very rarely happy with what I draw or write. I'm in poor health physically and mentally. Trying to talk to my parents just ends up with me feeling worse because they project their own depression throughout their (supposedly helpful) comments towards my worries about my future and their (again, supposedly helpful) """advice""" just indirectly tells me to stop complaining, which makes me not want to reach out to them at all. I just... hate this situation I'm in. I haven't had any dark thoughts in a long while, but ever since we moved to this godforsaken place, all my efforts towards beating back depression have been falling apart. It's disheartening. I don't have anyone to talk to, nor do I particularly feel like opening up because then I just feel like a burden. Like, I'll probably come back tomorrow and see this post and feel ashamed for posting it. I feel the need to vent, but I also don't want to vent, if that makes sense.
Last edited by Beast Blood on Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Beast Blood wrote:I don't like the home I live in. I hate the neighborhood. I hate being stuck living with my parents because I don't win enough money to pay for anything decent. I can't live with another person to help pay rent for something decent because of my SPD. I don't like my job. I do like the paychecks, but buying something nice for myself very often just feels shallow and pointless and has me feeling buyer's remorse. I'm very rarely happy with what I draw or write. I'm in poor health physically and mentally. Trying to talk to my parents just ends up with me feeling worse because they project their own depression throughout their (supposedly helpful) comments towards my worries about my future and their (again, supposedly helpful) """advice""" just indirectly tells me to stop complaining, which makes me not want to reach out to them at all. I just... hate this situation I'm in. I haven't had any dark thoughts in a long while, but ever since we moved to this godforsaken place, all my efforts towards beating back depression have been falling apart. It's disheartening. I don't have anyone to talk to, nor do I particularly feel like opening up because then I just feel like a burden. Like, I'll probably come back tomorrow and see this post and feel ashamed for posting it. I feel the need to vent, but I also don't want to vent, if that makes sense.
I know you preferences with this with the fact that you don’t earn a lot of money, but if possible could you move? I don’t mean move in the same state or area, I mean to like another state like Oregon, or Vermont, or Florida, or somewhere new. Sometimes a new location is all you need to get some positivity growing.

Other than that, I highly recommend exercise, even if it just means running for 10 mins a day. It’ll improve you physically and mentally.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Beast Blood wrote:I don't like the home I live in. I hate the neighborhood. I hate being stuck living with my parents because I don't win enough money to pay for anything decent. I can't live with another person to help pay rent for something decent because of my SPD. I don't like my job. I do like the paychecks, but buying something nice for myself very often just feels shallow and pointless and has me feeling buyer's remorse. I'm very rarely happy with what I draw or write. I'm in poor health physically and mentally. Trying to talk to my parents just ends up with me feeling worse because they project their own depression throughout their (supposedly helpful) comments towards my worries about my future and their (again, supposedly helpful) """advice""" just indirectly tells me to stop complaining, which makes me not want to reach out to them at all. I just... hate this situation I'm in. I haven't had any dark thoughts in a long while, but ever since we moved to this godforsaken place, all my efforts towards beating back depression have been falling apart. It's disheartening. I don't have anyone to talk to, nor do I particularly feel like opening up because then I just feel like a burden. Like, I'll probably come back tomorrow and see this post and feel ashamed for posting it. I feel the need to vent, but I also don't want to vent, if that makes sense.
I know you preferences with this with the fact that you don’t earn a lot of money, but if possible could you move? I don’t mean move in the same state or area, I mean to like another state like Oregon, or Vermont, or Florida, or somewhere new. Sometimes a new location is all you need to get some positivity growing.

Other than that, I highly recommend exercise, even if it just means running for 10 mins a day. It’ll improve you physically and mentally.
Absolutely recommend the moving to a new state idea. I recently moved from my parents' house in Minnesota to a house I share with a friend in South Carolina and I feel so much better. Nicer climate, nicer people, better food, cheaper living. It's not perfect; I kind of hate my neighborhood too, to be honest, but at least I can go out and do things instead of feeling trapped under my parents' thumbs and badgered constantly about everything I did or didn't do which they disagreed with.

Do you have any friends who you could move in with? Having someone to spend time with and do things with is a great way to keep depressed and anxious thoughts off your mind. Getting out of the house is great, too. Go for walks in nature, or even just go drive around. Find new areas and explore them. That's always helped me.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:I know you preferences with this with the fact that you don’t earn a lot of money, but if possible could you move? I don’t mean move in the same state or area, I mean to like another state like Oregon, or Vermont, or Florida, or somewhere new. Sometimes a new location is all you need to get some positivity growing.

I defo am moving to a different area, so long as I can afford it and it still has cold weather. Quebec is fine - it has plenty of pine trees and mountains, but this whole time I've been stuck in boring urban areas. If you look at a map of the province, maybe 90% of it will be green, and I happen to be stuck in the one tiny area that's urban. Like, literally just 30 minutes from me is a huge forest. It's actually kind of funny how I'm so close to living somewhere I'd like.

My job is to pull heavy carts all day and I have to walk 15 mins to get to my bus stop each day for school. Most of my exercise comes from there.
HedorahIsBestGirl wrote:Absolutely recommend the moving to a new state idea. I recently moved from my parents' house in Minnesota to a house I share with a friend in South Carolina and I feel so much better. Nicer climate, nicer people, better food, cheaper living. It's not perfect; I kind of hate my neighborhood too, to be honest, but at least I can go out and do things instead of feeling trapped under my parents' thumbs and badgered constantly about everything I did or didn't do which they disagreed with.

Do you have any friends who you could move in with? Having someone to spend time with and do things with is a great way to keep depressed and anxious thoughts off your mind. Getting out of the house is great, too. Go for walks in nature, or even just go drive around. Find new areas and explore them. That's always helped me.
I don't have friends other than online ones. There's two I connect with on a deeper level and wouldn't mind sharing space with, but both of them are in the US and I'm not sure I can move there, and if they'd even want to have me around in the first place.

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

This flu is kicking my ass. Chest and throat are sore from all the coughing despite me having my good cough drops. Can't sleep and when I did I got a headache along with some fever dream where I was being hunted by Predators. Body aches and shivers abound. This is why you should vaccinate.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Been having lots of suicidal ideations today. Nothing I'd act on (especially after the aftermath of my last attempt back in July), but man. I wish there was some other escape from life besides death. I really don't want to die.

My mental health is decreasing again, this sucks.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."