What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by JAGzilla »

gottatalktothefake wrote: I clipped it with my bumper, the number is detached on the driver side and a bit of the plastic on the bottom is broken but the damaged was isolated. None of the internal stuff was damaged though. It sucks but it could have been a LOT worse.

I was half an hour late because of it.
Ah. Well, good to know it wasn't a total disaster... except for the deer, I guess.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

I've got a nasty stomach bug today.

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

Went to the DMV (which is an hour away) to get my driver's license and new state car registration and found out that I need a social security card. Never needed it before, just had the number memorized since I was 18. Problem is, the card is eight states away and by the time I get it, my car registration is gonna be expired and, knowing my luck, I'll get a ticket on the way to the DMV to renew it.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Its -38 where I am now. Jesus as if it can't be cold enough...-_-

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Its -38 where I am now. Jesus as if it can't be cold enough...-_-
It's 18-low 20's here in Michigan and I work outside, so you have my sympathy.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Its 42 degrees here. I'm dying of cold!!
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Godzilla21 wrote:Its 42 degrees here. I'm dying of cold!!
41 here. And it really does feel pretty cold to me. :lol: I always say I'd like to move to someplace like Montana, but the cold would kill me. I could tolerate it fine as a kid in Ohio, but Georgia has made me soft.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Godzilla21 wrote:Its 42 degrees here. I'm dying of cold!!
Nah your gonna be fine! Maybe it's because i'm a winter baby but i love cold weather. Even when it is to cold (like the time it was -5 outside) at least i could say "Well, I ain't 70 degrees in summer!" :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Oh great as if the cold weather wasn't bad enough. Now I got an pain on the side of my left neck. Probably pulled or sprained a muscle while sleeping last night...-_-

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Its -38 where I am now. Jesus as if it can't be cold enough...-_-
Are we supposed to read that as 38 degrees or 38 below zero
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

I've had a swollen jaw for the last few days, it was so bad that I had to go the doctors. So been taking painkillers and stuff to reduce the swelling, it's working just not enough for me to enjoy my Christmas dinner.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:I've had a swollen jaw for the last few days, it was so bad that I had to go the doctors. So been taking painkillers and stuff to reduce the swelling, it's working just not enough for me to enjoy my Christmas dinner.
Ouch! What did you do to make that happen?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

tyrantgoji wrote:
kingkevzilla88 wrote:I've had a swollen jaw for the last few days, it was so bad that I had to go the doctors. So been taking painkillers and stuff to reduce the swelling, it's working just not enough for me to enjoy my Christmas dinner.
Ouch! What did you do to make that happen?
It's either a viral infection, or the mumps. Well this morning, I put some ice on the side of my jaw and that has improved things quite a bit.

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla98rules »

I am on "call" for work this week because they had to make room for the new folks. Time to look for another job.......
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Took care of a 7 month old unvaccinated child in the ER last night. She had a high fever, bulging head, and was acting "not right" according to the parents. We did a spinal tap and tested her cerebrospinal fluid.

Turns out she has Hemophilus meningitis, and it was completely avoidable.

Fuck antivaxxers.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:Took care of a 7 month old unvaccinated child in the ER last night. She had a high fever, bulging head, and was acting "not right" according to the parents. We did a spinal tap and tested her cerebrospinal fluid.

Fuck antivaxxers.
Ugh. Thank you for your work by the way, I've been to the ER a lot over the past couple years, the staff there work incredibly hard. It's one of the most stressful jobs in the world I imagine.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:Took care of a 7 month old unvaccinated child in the ER last night. She had a high fever, bulging head, and was acting "not right" according to the parents. We did a spinal tap and tested her cerebrospinal fluid.

Fuck antivaxxers.
Oh, Jesus. I'm so sorry that you have to be directly confronted with the terrible results of people's selfish, ignorant choices.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

skreeonk antivaxxers.
Jesus, that's awful. Like Fish said, thanks for your job and I hope by some chance she gets better.

RIP Evan.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

My pc doesn’t meet the requirements for planet zoo. I’ve had this laptop since 2016 and it can play about 91% of games according to systems requirements labs and I’ll probably have to upgrade soon.

Already requested the refund. But damn was I looking forward to this.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

gottatalktothefake wrote:My pc doesn’t meet the requirements for planet zoo. I’ve had this laptop since 2016 and it can play about 91% of games according to systems requirements labs and I’ll probably have to upgrade soon.

Already requested the refund. But damn was I looking forward to this.
Laptops suck when it comes to gaming (am laptop user).