What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by Gigantis »

Fish Cakes wrote:Been having lots of suicidal ideations today. Nothing I'd act on (especially after the aftermath of my last attempt back in July), but man. I wish there was some other escape from life besides death. I really don't want to die.

My mental health is decreasing again, this sucks.
I suggest taking a break from social media. Last thing you need is getting stuck in an argument over something silly, just get out there and clear your head.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

tyrantgoji wrote:I suggest taking a break from social media. Last thing you need is getting stuck in an argument over something silly, just get out there and clear your head.
If it's something silly or not personal, it wouldn't bother me. I've yet to argue about anything personal on social media. I use it to keep in contact with my support network, look at memes to cheer me up, and make fun of people who I feel deserve it. If I took a break, I'd be way worse off. I'm strong, I'll be okay.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Fish Cakes wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:I suggest taking a break from social media. Last thing you need is getting stuck in an argument over something silly, just get out there and clear your head.
If it's something silly or not personal, it wouldn't bother me. I've yet to argue about anything personal on social media. I use it to keep in contact with my support network, look at memes to cheer me up, and make fun of people who I feel deserve it. If I took a break, I'd be way worse off. I'm strong, I'll be okay.
Well alright. I just wanted to make sure you'd be back to full mental health is all. :)

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

tyrantgoji wrote:Well alright. I just wanted to make sure you'd be back to full mental health is all. :)
Full to me is probably a quarter to most other people, it won't take long. Your concern is very appreciated though, dear. ^_^
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

Fish Cakes wrote:Been having lots of suicidal ideations today. Nothing I'd act on (especially after the aftermath of my last attempt back in July), but man. I wish there was some other escape from life besides death. I really don't want to die.

My mental health is decreasing again, this sucks.
I... I hope you're okay. I was going through similar stuff not too long ago.

Be well, okay? You can always PM me if you need someone to talk to..
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Well skreeonk. Found out from my a friend of my dad's grandson got beat up by two guys and died of his injuries. My condolences goes out to him.

My dad is going down to the church tonight to give his prayers.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Well skreeonk. Found out from my a friend of my dad's grandson got beat up by two guys and died of his injuries. My condolences goes out to him.

My dad is going down to the church tonight to give his prayers.
I'm confused on who died in this, but my condolences go out to him. Hopefully those guys hit the slammer!

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

Our new crab failed his molt and died today. :( We were already worried because he hadn't molted in a couple months.

It hurts me a little bit more because I was the one to catch this crab. My boyfriend caught our last two.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:https://twitter.com/titangoji/status/12 ... 7967451136

I hate this skreeonking timeline
If for some reason this causes Godzilla to show up and squash them i'm game!

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

The textbook for one of my college courses was labelled “optional” in the online store by the professor.

Turns out I needed it in order for a lot of assignments , so I had to order it after class started and I may or may not get an extension on the assignments I need the book for.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

gottatalktothefake wrote:The textbook for one of my college courses was labelled “optional” in the online store by the professor.

Turns out I needed it in order for a lot of assignments , so I had to order it after class started and I may or may not get an extension on the assignments I need the book for.
Why not just Ask someone in the class to borrow the textbook for an hour and take photos of what you need?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
gottatalktothefake wrote:The textbook for one of my college courses was labelled “optional” in the online store by the professor.

Why not just Ask someone in the class to borrow the textbook for an hour and take photos of what you need?
I’m taking this course online and it includes an access code to get into simulated labs. So it needs to be new and from that particular store.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

gottatalktothefake wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:

I’m taking this course online and it includes an access code to get into simulated labs. So it needs to be new and from that particular store.
100% gotcha.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

I was told to avoid online classes at all cost. I’m not sure about other colleges, but here it sucks in most cases. My math one was not an online course, but they pretty much just decided to let the online homework “teach” us instead.
Current Quatheral Population: 600!
Current Quatheral's Perfected: 283!
The Quatheral Wiki!: https://quatheral.fandom.com/wiki/Quatheral_Wiki
The Quatheral Voices!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRtkOo-Lhs

PM me if you wanna join my Discord to see the updates about Quatheral!

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

MinorBone Good wrote:I was told to avoid online classes at all cost. I’m not sure about other colleges, but here it sucks in most cases. My math one was not an online course, but they pretty much just decided to let the online homework “teach” us instead.
I have had nothing but issues with online classes.

Had group projects with AFK classmates. Had professors that just never respond to emails (when i can see in person professors after class).

I remember dropping this math class because Mathlab wanted you to round your answers. Could never get a damn question right cause of it.

Remember another class where video lectures just never started for me because my university used some broken ass online service instead of blackboard.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:
MinorBone Good wrote:I was told to avoid online classes at all cost. I’m not sure about other colleges, but here it sucks in most cases. My math one was not an online course, but they pretty much just decided to let the online homework “teach” us instead.
I have had nothing but issues with online classes.

Had group projects with AFK classmates. Had professors that just never respond to emails (when i can see in person professors after class).

I remember dropping this math class because Mathlab wanted you to round your answers. Could never get a damn question right cause of it.

Remember another class where video lectures just never started for me because my university used some broken ass online service instead of blackboard.
Group projects in college were the worst because I worked a part time job, and was doing another unrelated academic certificate at the time. Basically, all my other group members had loads of free time, but I didn’t. I was responsible as an adult, and told them repeatedly I had no problem doing a lot of work either in the beginning or whatever, and they would just put it off until it was convenient for them, not for me, despite them having little to no real obligations.

Also, taking online classes, when you’re not in an exclusively online program (I’m going to do an online masters program soon), feels like a waste.

Unrelated, but I unfortunately read something horrible about a really messed up crime from a few decades ago. What bothers me, is that the perpetrators were like 17, and it disgusts me because I work with and teach 17 year old highschool students. It just bothers me on an existential level that teenagers (and people in general) are capable of such horrific acts. It really makes me sick :(

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

A few days ago, my mom had a dream where my grandfather died, and today we had a phone call from him saying he has cancer...

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Beast Blood wrote:A few days ago, my mom had a dream where my grandfather died, and today we had a phone call from him saying he has cancer...
Oh man, i'm so sorry. I pray your grandfather stays strong..

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

That the great Kirk Douglas has finally left the building. For the final time... :(