What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by BlankAccount »

KManX89 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:05 amThis is just further proof that women have all the power in the "justice" system.
We have a backlog of over 500,000 untested rape kits!

Just cause a woman was believed on a lie and man demonized in one case does not mean it's so for every case, sexism goes both ways, men are discriminated against, doesn't change the fact women get discriminated against. You're starting to sound like one of my friends who I cut off ties with. He knows less than1% of the people in the world, let alone 1% of women, yet thinks in his expert opinion they are all bitches because every one of his ex's got fed up with him and left.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

My patience for this fucking election has reached absolute zero.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

Misanthropy is a perfectly understandable viewpoint to have.
Resized Image

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:05 pm Misanthropy is a perfectly understandable viewpoint to have.
"“Ah you think misanthropy is your lifestyle? You merely adopted the misanthropy. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't have unfamilial interaction until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but BINDING!” -Every 14 year old "nihilist"
Last edited by ROMG4 on Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

ROMG4 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:00 am
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:05 pm Misanthropy is a perfectly understandable viewpoint to have.
"“Ah you think misanthropy is your lifestyle? You merely adopted the misanthropy. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't have unfamilial interaction until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but BINDING!” -Every 14 year old "nihilist"
I'm not even a nihilist. Nice try though.
Last edited by Kaltes-Herzeleid on Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Resized Image

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:08 am
ROMG4 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:00 am
I'm not even a nihilist. Nice try though.

Ah, this forum, how I have forgotten the eccentricities.

Y'all take yourselves waaaaay too seriously and that you took that point for point, that I have to explain that

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Kaiju-King42 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:49 am If anything, it’s just further proof how poisonous hope and empathy are.

In the face of our civilization doomed to the climate crisis, apathy is going to be the only way to cope. Maybe a healthy dose of misanthropy too. After all, half of America supports sexual abusers, supports fascism, supports +300k deaths, and denies science and rationality.

Learning apathy and misanthropy is the only way I see myself enduring the future.There’s nothing left to hope for. No point to continue on.
I know I've said it before, but the Middle Ages in Europe were orders of magnitude worse than anything going on in the Western world today, with an ice age, a plague wiping out a third of the population, nobody having the faintest clue why those things were happening, rampant war, tyranny, and ignorance, and they not only survived but casually took over the world afterwards. We'll be fine, just give it a little while.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Kaiju-King42 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:49 am In the face of our civilization doomed to the climate crisis, apathy is going to be the only way to cope. Maybe a healthy dose of misanthropy too. After all, half of America supports sexual abusers, supports fascism, supports +300k deaths, and denies science and rationality.

Learning apathy and misanthropy is the only way I see myself enduring the future.There’s nothing left to hope for. No point to continue on.
lol calm down. Everything will be fine. Grab a beer, take your girlfriend to a nice dinner, and enjoy a little bit of that new Scientology show on Netflix with what's her name from King of Queens

Added in 4 minutes 22 seconds:
Maverick Centigrade wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:41 pm My patience for this fucking election has reached absolute zero.
You must not remember the 2000 election. 37 days of this. I suspect this will be over sooner.

Added in 4 minutes 50 seconds:
JAGzilla wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:16 am
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:49 am If anything, it’s just further proof how poisonous hope and empathy are.

In the face of our civilization doomed to the climate crisis, apathy is going to be the only way to cope. Maybe a healthy dose of misanthropy too. After all, half of America supports sexual abusers, supports fascism, supports +300k deaths, and denies science and rationality.

I know I've said it before, but the Middle Ages in Europe were orders of magnitude worse than anything going on in the Western world today, with an ice age, a plague wiping out a third of the population, nobody having the faintest clue why those things were happening, rampant war, tyranny, and ignorance, and they not only survived but casually took over the world afterwards. We'll be fine, just give it a little while.
Exactly. Imagine COVID killing a 3rd of the US (100,000,000 people) instead of 220,000 mostly elderly people? In terms of medical care I'd much rather live now than back then.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

"It was worse then" doesn't invalidate today's problems.
Last edited by Terasawa on Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Terasawa wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:55 am "It was worse then" doesn't invalidate today's problems.
When someone is saying "there is no hope in going on" its beneficial to look back on context and realize that humanity has emerged from larger scale disasters before.

Today's problems are valid. But in a historic context its silly to act like there is no hope in moving forward.
SpaceG92 wrote:

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

I think it's fair to be near-hopelessly worried about what we've done to the environment. There's not really a historical analogue for that either.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Terasawa wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:44 am I think it's fair to be near-hopelessly worried about what we've done to the environment. There's not really a historical analogue for that either.
I think it's also fair to use historical context to be hopeful that we can persevere and overcome huge obstacles and challenges. It's just perception.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Well, again, there's not really a historical analogue for the planet's population coming together to curb our destruction of the planet. There are reasons to be hopeful that we can halt or slow the damage, but there are also perfectly valid reasons to be afraid that we won't succeed.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

I don't think it ever helps to be "hopeless" about the climate/environment. I am probably a little older than most here and I remember all the climate predictions through the years. I remember the Ozone crisis in the 90s and how we were doomed due to the depletion of Ozone. I graduated college in 2009 and I remember peak oil was a huge thing back then and I had a professor convinced we were going to run out of oil by 2015. A certain ex President predicted the Artic would be free of ice by now. I also remember a Guardian article my friend shared with me back in the day that said that NY would be underwater by 2020.

I believe in moving toward a cleaner environment and I will do my part but I also think climate predictions sometimes get a little too doom and gloom. A lot of predictions never panned out. I believe in human ingenuity and science to overcome our challenges. As Maritonic said we have done it before. We can do it again.
SpaceG92 wrote:

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Of course it doesn't help to be hopeless in any matter, but that's entirely beside the point. I don't feel worried because it helps me but because I see the top experts' advice and knowledge being dismissed by countless people who don't know any better. (It's one thing to ignore a suggestion; it's something altogether worse to ignore the facts because it doesn't support your skewed worldview.) Not speaking specifically of anyone here, just the American population in general.

In the U.S., climate change has been a political issue since long before I was born -- and I'm no more than a few years younger than you. But this issue is not political in nature and shouldn't be treated as such. Science shouldn't be politicized. This is basically the crux of my argument. I see no reason to be hopeful that Republicans and Democrats will effectively agree on climate change. That worries me far more than any scientists who have made miscalculated predictions that proved false.

It seems we're both doing our personal efforts to protect the planet but we just don't share the same outlook. That's fine, and I'm not trying to convince you or anyone else to see it my way. At the same time, however, I don't see how I can be optimistic as you are. That's all. I'm moving on.
Last edited by Terasawa on Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Terasawa wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:40 am Of course it doesn't help to be hopeless in any matter, but that's entirely beside the point.
Well the whole original point was the OP said things were hopeless. So what I'm arguing is things are not and throughout history we've been able to overcome. So wasn't really a besides the point.
Terasawa wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:40 am I don't feel worried because it helps me but because I see the top experts' advice and knowledge being dismissed by countless people who don't know any better. (It's one thing to ignore a suggestion; it's something altogether worse to ignore the facts because it doesn't support your skewed worldview.) Not speaking specifically of anyone here, just the American population in general.

In the U.S., climate change has been a political issue since long before I was born -- and I'm no more than a few years younger than you. But this issue is not political in nature and shouldn't be treated as such. Science shouldn't be politicized. This is basically the crux of my argument. I see no reason to be hopeful that Republicans and Democrats will effectively agree on climate change. That worries me far more than any scientists who have made miscalculated predictions that proved false.

It seems we're both doing our personal efforts to protect the planet but we just don't share the same outlook. That's fine, and I'm not trying to convince you or anyone else to see it my way. At the same time, however, I don't see how I can be optimistic as you are. That's all. I'm moving on.
I understand not being happy with the view of some of the American populace. But I think its important to note that despite the feelings of some people you disagree with the US has actually been doing better when it comes to climate. C02 emissions dropped in 2019 and we actually only emit about half of what China does. So what I try to do is separate rhetoric vs actual results. The US is also rapidly ramping up renewable energy sources. Look at the trends of renewable energy since the year 2000. Its only going to continue to grow. So things like that give me hope for us. I actually have more concern with other countries who are ramping up economic production.

And like I said with the examples I gave of past climate misfires, I think a minor dose of skepticism isn't a bad thing. I've just heard a lot through the years of how close we are to doom and it never happened. I take everything seriously still (my next car will be electric!) but I'm not going to just take everything with 100% certainly at first. I agree that things shouldn't be as politicized but again, history tells us to be cautious. I believe there is a middle ground here
SpaceG92 wrote:

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Terasawa wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:40 am Of course it doesn't help to be hopeless in any matter, but that's entirely beside the point.
I feel like this was the point that 21 and I were making?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Terasawa wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:04 am #CancelKaijunoKami
He's back at it again, this time telling Trump supporters he hopes they die of Covid, and whadd'ya know? He's in purgatory (suspended).

I don't like Trump any more than he does, I've said time and again I'm glad the buffoon lost, but telling people they should die of Covid is not a good look for your side at all, man. The last thing we need is to make these ingrates look better after spouting their constant "voter fraud" delusions.
Last edited by KManX89 on Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Ho' shit, I missed out on some good ol' fashioned KnK bashing, lol. What a maroon.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Car broke down on my way to work tonight. Dad thinks its the transmission because it doesn't want to turn over. I only just finished paying this fucker off earlier this summer and now its looking like it'll be easier to get a new car than to get mine fixed. I didn't wanna have to start paying on another car so soon but its looking like I might not have a choice.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983