Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
miguelnuva
Sazer

Re: Official News topic

Postby miguelnuva » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:23 am

_JNavs_ wrote:It's crazy to me how people can see Trump pull an absolute Emperor Palpatine earlier today, by essentially saying he's going to get rid of ballets and hold onto office, and be completely okay with it. Going as far as purposely calling the entire Police Brutality movement going on right now "just a bunch of rioters". Do they think these thousands of people, across 12 states, are just one giant hive mind? Everyone in the protests have their own individual end-goal, so to generalize them as "all rioters" seems to have big classist/racist undertones.

Hell even some of my close friends literally see nothing wrong with the borderline Order 66-esque, dystopian, Big Brother-type government response we've been seeing these past few months since Trump has been in office. I've never been one to play the race card, but damn there seems to be a lot of stereotypical white folks across social media trying to defend the current US Gov't.

I find it interesting how the gun-toting, tread on me and get shot, hardheaded, 2nd amendment yelling far Right folks are willing to show their bellies in a time when this country needs a wake up call more than ever. It will be kinda funny to see how these people will last, or even adapt to a tyrannical rule.

I'm not even a Leftist/Rightist, i'd say just let it all burn so we can rebuild CORRECTLY. But obviously our government will never be uprooted and replanted correctly, so we have to live with corruption for the rest of our days.

Trump and Pence give off big time dictator powerplay-anyone-who-opposes-me vibes
Biden is unaware of his surroundings 95% of the time, and seems to be just a plant for a rather short-sighted Harris (who's no better than most republicans mind you) to take over in under 4 years time.

So it's essentially a lose/lose.

I'd much rather have Palpatine then Trump. When Palpatine took civil liberties he made you think you were better off unless you directly apposed him.
You can put it on my Tombstone Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira
my personal take

Shadow Area 1-0

Kaiju-King42
Xilien Halfling

Postby Kaiju-King42 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:36 am

_JNavs_ wrote:It's crazy to me how people can see Trump pull an absolute Emperor Palpatine earlier today, by essentially saying he's going to get rid of ballets and hold onto office, and be completely okay with it.

Relevant quote. (You know what's coming.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1FFVWEQnSM
JAGzilla wrote:Somebody skreeonking sig this. :lol:

Terasawa
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Terasawa » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:53 pm

Save All Dubs. Sub All Tohos.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:07 pm

It may not be a vaccine but this could be good news regarding COVID.

https://www.fox29.com/news/covid-19-tre ... zLcvGWGAjc
My rules:

1. If I start getting carried away, I simply just log off and come back later.
2. Think before I suddenly post.
3. Try not to post image only posts even if they're just for fun and jokes.

Gigantis
Xilien Halfling

Postby Gigantis » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:35 pm

Apparently they're gonna be handed out around November too?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LSD Jellyfish
Keizer

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:08 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... &smtyp=cur

Donald Trump avoided income taxes for 10 out of 15 years. Why am I not surprised.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

Terasawa
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Terasawa » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:21 pm

Hopefully this is what it takes to convince undecided voters. We know it won't dissuade his supporters, who have professed that they'd vote for him a third time, or refuse to acknowledge any of his wrongdoings. ("Sometimes Trump is a bit boisterous.")
Save All Dubs. Sub All Tohos.

UltramanGoji
Justiriser

Postby UltramanGoji » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:17 pm

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Postby Spirit Ghidorah 2010 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:03 pm

LSD Jellyfish wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/09/27/us/donald-trump-taxes.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Donald Trump avoided income taxes for 10 out of 15 years. Why am I not surprised.

Donald J. Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes the year he won the presidency. In his first year in the White House, he paid another $750.

So he paid more for sex in the past 15 years than he did taxes? Oh my...
Herpy Derpy Doo

TK's Resident Physician

goji89 wrote:Guess I'll leave, this place isn't what it used to be.

#Pro-Choice

Chrispy_G
G-Grasper

Postby Chrispy_G » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:09 pm

LSD Jellyfish
Keizer

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:23 pm

Terasawa wrote:Hopefully this is what it takes to convince undecided voters. We know it won't dissuade his supporters, who have professed that they'd vote for him a third time, or refuse to acknowledge any of his wrongdoings. ("Sometimes Trump is a bit boisterous.")

Chrispy_G wrote:Image

Oof.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Postby KManX89 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:12 am

Terasawa wrote:Hopefully this is what it takes to convince undecided voters. We know it won't dissuade his supporters, who have professed that they'd vote for him a third time, or refuse to acknowledge any of his wrongdoings. ("Sometimes Trump is a bit boisterous.")

You'd think him repeatedly downplaying the severity of the pandemic, even saying it affects virtually nobody in the face of 200,000 Covid deaths would convince them, but here you go.

Chrispy_G wrote:Image

He's shown millions in losses and dodged taxes 10 of 15 years.

He's a fraud, get over it.
Last edited by KManX89 on Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

miguelnuva
Sazer

Postby miguelnuva » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:37 am

At this point I think Trump could rape a minor girl and his supporters would say she forced herself on him.
my personal take

Shadow Area 1-0

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Postby KManX89 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:12 am

miguelnuva wrote:At this point I think Trump could rape a minor girl and his supporters would say she forced herself on him.

I hate to say it, but he wasn't exactly wrong when he said he could literally shoot somebody on live TV and people would still vote for him.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

gottatalktothefake
EDF Instructor

Postby gottatalktothefake » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:50 am

I paid more taxes than Trump has lmao
Legit, every KoTM hater I have ever seen on social media or interacted with are all the same. They are either these young kids to middle aged adults so detached from anything beyond the Japanese films that they can't enjoy anything that doesn't begin with one of the Toho logos. They're the type that would of had no issues with KoTM if it was a Japanese-made production and think films like Godzilla vs. Monster Zero are the pinnacle of human drama.
-MM

Kaiju-King42
Xilien Halfling

Postby Kaiju-King42 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:26 am

#Taxtherich

#please
JAGzilla wrote:Somebody skreeonking sig this. :lol:

miguelnuva
Sazer

Postby miguelnuva » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:46 pm

KManX89 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:At this point I think Trump could rape a minor girl and his supporters would say she forced herself on him.

I hate to say it, but he wasn't exactly wrong when he said he could literally shoot somebody on live TV and people would still vote for him.

Especially if it's a person if color. His base would throw a parade.
my personal take

Shadow Area 1-0

Chrispy_G
G-Grasper

Postby Chrispy_G » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:44 pm

I have zero doubts that virtually every politician and/or businessman is finding every little way possible to dodge taxes and keep as much of their money as possible.

You're never voting for a virtuous individual.

You're voting for the person whose policies will do the most good for the country. That one is obvious here.

I'm also voting for the guy who did NOT have a pair of brain aneurysms in the 80s.

miguelnuva
Sazer

Postby miguelnuva » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:47 pm

Chrispy_G wrote:I have zero doubts that virtually every politician and/or businessman is finding every little way possible to dodge taxes and keep as much of their money as possible.

You're never voting for a virtuous individual.

You're voting for the person whose policies will do the most good for the country. That one is obvious here.

I'm also voting for the guy who did NOT have a pair of brain aneurysms in the 80s.

I can sum this up for you quicker.

I'd rather vote for the racist, sexist with half of brain than the other guy who may also have half a brain.

I won't sit here and say politicians are bad people that's a debate for another time but Trump is near Hitler levels of bad.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my personal take

Shadow Area 1-0

Chrispy_G
G-Grasper

Postby Chrispy_G » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:50 pm

I don't think Trump is racist or sexist, and the 'evidence' is quite contrived.

If Trump is racist/sexist, then Joe Biden is an undeniable pedophile because of all of the footage of him sniffing kids and saying "I love having little kids on my lap"

I say no to Joepedo.

3 Supreme Court appointments, 3 Nobel Peace Prize nominations

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyob ... e-n2577092

Return to “General Discussion”