Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Gigantis
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official News topic

Postby Gigantis » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:13 pm

kingkevzilla88 wrote:https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-hit-anti-trust-complaint-south-korea-frozen-2-monopoly-1258631

A South Korean civic group has filed a complaint with local prosecutors against the Walt Disney Company, claiming that Frozen 2 violated the country's antitrust act by showing on 88 percent of domestic movie screen.

Between this, the mouse demanding 75% of the money cinemas make from showing Disney product and them getting investigated for lying about they income as well as the US government trying to get rid of the Paramount Decree. The next year is going to be something.

YIKES. Disney's future is not looking good is it?

EDIT: Adding on to this, Bob Iger (Disney's president) is suppose to leave in two years, yet if things keep going south like this he may or may not be arrested for his crimes so..guess Universal and Warner Bros. are gonna be taking charge for making hollywood films for a while. :lol:
Last edited by Gigantis on Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

JAGzilla
Keizer

Postby JAGzilla » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:28 pm

Pretty sure the studio that knocks out multiple billion-dollar films a year isn't going anywhere any time soon. Laws will change to suit them before they get taken down by some little legal issues.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Postby Spirit Ghidorah 2010 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:37 pm

Herpy Derpy Doo

TK's Resident Physician

goji89 wrote:Guess I'll leave, this place isn't what it used to be.

#Pro-Choice

Gigantis
Xilien Halfling

Postby Gigantis » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:38 pm

JAGzilla wrote:Pretty sure the studio that knocks out multiple billion-dollar films a year isn't going anywhere any time soon. Laws will change to suit them before they get taken down by some little legal issues.

Oh no i never said Disney was gonna shut down, but just saying maybe the're not gonna be as strong as they were the last couple years.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Postby Darth Kiryu » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:46 pm

Fire alarm at Amon Amarth concert. Twice.

Mainly news since I was there. Article is translatable, but in case you want a TL;DR:
-Much fire and explosives on stage
-Set off the alarm during the first song; we needed to evacuate
-Fire department said it was okay to re-enter
-Concert continued, still with tons of fire
-Alarm went off again during the last song; needed to evacuate again

Bonus info:
-Band tried throwing out picks and drum sticks as compensation
-Pick hit me on the nose but I was too slow to catch it and wouldn't be able to re-enter to find it. The true tragedy of the night. :(

Seems to be the fault of the venue for not scrutinizing the band's pyrotechnics more. This concert was announced about 8 months ago.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Postby MandaSaurus » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:15 pm

Big whoop. It's a partisan thing, and the Senate - being mostly Republican - will NOT convict...

UltramanGoji
Justiriser

Postby UltramanGoji » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:28 pm

MandaSaurus wrote:

Big whoop. It's a partisan thing, and the Senate - being mostly Republican - will NOT convict...

Imagine thinking withholding of foreign aid in exchange for political dirt isn’t morally reprehensible.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Postby Spirit Ghidorah 2010 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:01 am

Herpy Derpy Doo

TK's Resident Physician

goji89 wrote:Guess I'll leave, this place isn't what it used to be.

#Pro-Choice

Terasawa
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Terasawa » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:38 pm

Save All Dubs. Sub All Tohos.

Resized Image

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Postby Rhedosaurus » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:06 am

And yet people wonder why he lost re-election. In many ways, him winning the governorship in the first place was a fluke since he had a terrible personality and was always something of a prick.

kingkevzilla88
G-Grasper

Postby kingkevzilla88 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:29 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/12/12/netflix-sends-journalists-pricey-trips-raising-questions-angering-rivals/

So Netflix has been coat playing critics off for good reviews as well as bribing judges of award shows with expensive trips.

Terasawa
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Terasawa » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:02 am

Save All Dubs. Sub All Tohos.

Resized Image

kingkevzilla88
G-Grasper

Postby kingkevzilla88 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:05 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50849559

Somewhere Stan and Jack are having a good laugh.

Living Corpse
Sazer

Postby Living Corpse » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:30 am

G2000 wrote:In slightly lighter news the US officially established the Space Force as a sixth branch of the Armed Forces about a week ago

You just made my day.

Yeah it's cause everyone is rushing to get to space again. Rich individuals in the private sector kind of started a second space race and the governments of the world are like we can't neglect the public space programs anymore and be outdone by some rich boys. We have so much stuff being flown up there now, I think in the back of a lot of people's heads there's that fear someone is sneaking up something they shouldn't.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Postby Noble Saber » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:59 pm

They must love the smell of Bvlgari. Yeah, I'm doing a little product placement! I gotta get paid, too!

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Postby Rhedosaurus » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:52 am

It's a new year and a new decade. Therefore, this is news. :P

Living Corpse
Sazer

Postby Living Corpse » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:59 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:It's a new year and a new decade. Therefore, this is news. :P

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Postby G2000 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:59 pm

Reported US airstrike in Baghdad kills Iranian Major General Qasem Soleimani, head of the Islamic Republican Guard Corps elite Quds Force

This is pretty skreeonking big. Soleimani’s not just some deniable proxy Shiite tribesman, he’s been a major figure in Iranian military and foreign policy for nearly 20 years. He armed and funded elements of the Iraqi insurgency during the US occupation, he led Iranian forces in the civil wars in Syria and Iraq, he played a big role in getting the Russians to intervene in 2015, etc.
Last edited by G2000 on Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Postby Noble Saber » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:40 pm

G2000 wrote:Reported US airstrike in Baghdad kills Iranian Major General Qasem Soleimani, head of the Islamic Republican Guard Corps elite Quds Force

This is pretty skreeonking big. Soleimani’s not just some deniable proxy Shiite tribesman, he’s been a major figure in Iranian military and foreign policy for nearly 20 years. He armed and funded elements of the Iraqi insurgency during the US occupation, he led Iranian forces in the civil wars in Syria and Iraq, he played a big role in getting the Russians to intervene in 2015, etc.

From what I've read so far: Quds is a terror organization; killing Soleimani was essentially killing a terror leader with some very higher up friends. Can't say I feel particularly bad for this guy. Whether or not the Iranians want to escalate this further is the worrying part.
They must love the smell of Bvlgari. Yeah, I'm doing a little product placement! I gotta get paid, too!

Return to “General Discussion”