Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Spuro
Keizer

Re: Official News topic

Post by Spuro »

MandaSaurus wrote:Coronavirus cases in China have topped 73,000. Death toll over 1,800...
Well, so much for the country getting back in order last week.
Last edited by Spuro on Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

I mean it wouldn't be so bad if their government weren't so corrupted.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Amber Heard's friend now accuses her of lying, saying she never witnessed signs of abuse.

It just continues to look worse for Amber. If there's any justice in the world, WB will drop her like a hot potato from Aquaman 2 and she'll never find work again just like she tried to sabotage Depp's career. In fact, I'll be shocked if she does because having her attached to their project is a bad look for any studio at this point.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

https://news.sky.com/story/nhs-staff-ca ... s-11937175

I don't know how to feel about this, no one should have to put up with abuse. On the other hand they're getting paid with tax payers and are having to deal with people, who are probably with a great amount of stress and are various amounts of pain.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

You shouldn't work at a hospital if you're thin skinned. Especially deciding not to help a victim because "he made a hurtful comment".

However the victim should obviously respect whoever is helping them.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

_JNavs_ wrote:You shouldn't work at a hospital if you're thin skinned. Especially deciding not to help a victim because "he made a hurtful comment".
Nowhere does the phrase "he made a hurtful comment" appear in the article, so I'm curious whom you're quoting. And the only use of the word victim was, "cases where NHS staff are the victim of a crime."

Another key phrase in there was "non-critical patients."
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

eabaker wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:You shouldn't work at a hospital if you're thin skinned. Especially deciding not to help a victim because "he made a hurtful comment".
Nowhere does the phrase "he made a hurtful comment" appear in the article, so I'm curious whom you're quoting. And the only use of the word victim was, "cases where NHS staff are the victim of a crime."

I was under the impression that those who would be dismissed from the hospital, would have to have made some rather hurtful comments in order to be kicked out. As far as "victim" goes, i was implying anyone who was injured would be a victim of an event.

Where does the "Non Critical" line end? It's a bit blurred, if they have a broken finger or something to that extent, they shouldn't receive care?
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

_JNavs_ wrote:You shouldn't work at a hospital if you're thin skinned.
Yeah! Not only should you have to deal with physically draining hours and the omnipresent risk of contracting infectious diseases, after grueling years of training, you should also have to put up with verbal abuse! The article mentions that 4/10 people working at hospitals are rountinely impacted by stress and one in seven by assault. I Jnavs, reading an article, can speak and tell trained medical professionals how to feel!
eabaker wrote:Nowhere does the phrase "he made a hurtful comment" appear in the article, so I'm curious whom you're quoting. And the only use of the word victim was, "cases where NHS staff are the victim of a crime."

It's just the type of thing that people will read, and force their own warped view on society, wherein everyone is "weak minded" and "SJWs". It's also ignoring some key phrases, and leaning too much on the slippery slope. It's not like they're going to check through your tumblr/tweets or whatever and judge you for saying something offensive. It's mean to protect people that work in health related fields that are being verbally abused by people they are forced to help. It's also pretty clear that in addition, it strengthens enforcement and investigation for physical acts of violence. There's countless examples of people saying "I don't want that doctor" because they are racist. I can pull up videos if needed, though I would prefer not to.

The actual to concern me, as the article alludes to, is that this could have an impact on the mentally ill. What happens when someone with a learning disability, or physical disability lashes out or does something that is offensive due to their condition? Of course, this within itself is a slippery slope, I'm sure people in the position will be able to make a good judgement.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

_Jnavs_ wrote:You shouldn't work at a hospital if you're thin skinned. Especially deciding not to help a victim because "he made a hurtful comment".
The article wrote:Mr Hancock said he was "horrified that any member of the public would abuse or physically assault a member of our NHS staff but it happens too often".
I had no idea that physical assault is the same thing as "hurtful comments".

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words totally incur the same level of bodily damage, it seems.
_Jnavs_ wrote:if they have a broken finger or something to that extent, they shouldn't receive care?
If they're aggressive and assaulting staff members who are trying to do their damn jobs, I don't see how the above situation is a problem.

I've seen too many sick patients in the ER get their care delayed because some deplorable shithead is being nasty with staff members and keeping them tied up to the point that security had to be involved just to get things moving. I say yeet the asshole if he wants to be like that.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

That's fair.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:Coronavirus cases in China have topped 73,000. Death toll over 1,800...
Well, so much for the country getting back in order last week.
Coronavirus cases in China, over 76,000. Death toll over 2,200...

Added in 8 minutes 2 seconds:
BTW, the mortality rate from Coronavirus is somewhere over 2%. This may sound insignificant, but keep in mind that a serious flu outbreak has a mortality rate of LESS THAN 1%. I expect that China is disposing of these bodies via mass graves or by burning...

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

The corona virus is something to be concerned about, but a large part of the fear surrounding it is purely based on racism and fear mongering. I’m more worried about side effects of the virus rather than the virus itself.

We had a big staff meeting basically preparing for the eventuality that the virus may spread and school may temporarily shut down, or at the very least cancellation of school activities for a few weeks until things are more clear.

I find it really hilarious that some people in America, who live in random ass rural places and don’t travel whatsoever, are freaking out and acting like it’s the end of the world when they’re probably the safest.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Ah fearmongering at is finest. Good times. Treating an new outbreak like its gonna be the new black plague.

Hey remember when we had the swine flu of 2009? The Zika virus of 2015-16?

No? Well still here y'all!

I'd be more concern of the common flu anyways.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:No? Well still here y'all!
Except for the thousands who've died.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Terasawa wrote:Except for the thousands who've died.
Yes and unfortunate that is my point is the common flu last year killed 6000 much less then what the coronavirus did majority only people older then 50 or elderly. Yes we should still be concerned but not treat like its the apocalypse or black plague because its not.

People also have to remember we'll probably never have anything like the black plague again due to more understanding of viruses and modern medicine and treatment.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Terasawa wrote:Except for the thousands who've died.
Yes and unfortunate that is my point is the common flu last year killed 6000 much less then what the coronavirus did. Yes we should still be concerned but not treat like its the apocalypse or black plague because its not.
No one here is treating it like that. ??
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Terasawa wrote:No one here is treating it like that. ??
It seems like they were though...

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Coronavirus update: Over 77,000 infected. Death toll over 2,300. In China...