Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official News topic

Post by Terasawa »

AP: Florida breaks record with more than 21,000 new COVID cases

Get vaccinated, social distance, and wear a mask.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Terasawa wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:32 pm AP: Florida breaks record with more than 21,000 new COVID cases

Get vaccinated, social distance, and wear a mask.
It's unsettling because Florida has this strange knack for shooting itself in the foot. They're also one of the first states to get royally fucked by rising sea levels in the next several decades, but they're doing jack when it comes to combatting climate change (aside from maybe tax breaks for people who own height-adjusting homes, which is just like trying to bandage an amputated leg).
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Florida exists in it's own pocket-reality from the rest of the world. None of this surprises me.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:15 am https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/03/ny-gov- ... eport.html
Cuomo's such a fake dude.
I recall numerous reports from male politicians as well, stating that a lot of interactions involving Cuomo routinely devolved into shouting matches, due to Cuomo needing to have his way. That's the thing with these types of narcissists, they think they're always in the right and challenge anyone who disagrees. I do wonder if he'll resign though. I don't think he will.

That's honestly some scary shit. Good on investigators and everyone involved for stopping this.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

AP: NY report details CNN’s Chris Cuomo’s role advising brother

This was almost glossed over in early reports, good to see it's being highlighted.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Charlotte Bennett does not seem entirely authentic lol.

I just don't see enough evidence across the table here. Is there any physical evidence? Everyone is turning on Cuomo, but I've seen very little actual evidence? I might be missing something.

At what point do we say hmmm maybe this was politically or financially (or possibly both) motivated? If an active public individual gets on the wrong side of a powerful political figure, what's stopping said figure from paying like 8 individuals to "come out"? With statements like "He gave me an unwarranted hug", "he (an Italian) kissed my cheek and told me everything would be okay, upon entering my home after a hurricane". It's a slope.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

_JNavs_ wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:11 pm Charlotte Bennett does not seem entirely authentic lol.

I just don't see enough evidence across the table here. Is there any physical evidence? Everyone is turning on Cuomo, but I've seen very little actual evidence? I might be missing something.

At what point do we say hmmm maybe this was politically or financially (or possibly both) motivated? If an active public individual gets on the wrong side of a powerful political figure, what's stopping said figure from paying like 8 individuals to "come out"? With statements like "He gave me an unwarranted hug", "he (an Italian) kissed my cheek and told me everything would be okay, upon entering my home after a hurricane". It's a slope.
While a lot of women are being harassed sadly there are a few who take what was considered playful flirting 20 years ago and now turning it into harassment.

In the case of Cuomo I think he thought he was flirting and being innocent when these women felt they were harassed and he didn't stop and apologize.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

"evidence"

AP source:
The nearly five-month, non-criminal investigation, overseen by New York’s attorney general and led by two outside lawyers, concluded that 11 women from within and outside state government were telling the truth when they said Cuomo had touched them inappropriately, commented on their appearance or made suggestive comments about their sex lives.
The probe produced a 165-page report which you can read here. Gov. Cuomo was questioned for eleven hours.
Last edited by Terasawa on Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

https://cbs6albany.com/news/local/gov-c ... o-accusers
Cuomo hits back and frankly it reads like run-of-the-mill shit they always spew when they get caught.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Terasawa wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:27 pmThe probe produced a 165-page report which you can read here. Gov. Cuomo was questioned for eleven hours.
The report wrote:(4) making sexually suggestive and gender-based comments, including (a) asking her to help him find a girlfriend and describing his criteria for a girlfriend as someone who “[c]an handle pain,”8 (b) asking her why she wanted to get married when marriage means “your sex drive goes down,”9 and (c) asking her why she did not wear a dress.
Jesus Christ
He/him/his

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

The stuff Cuomo did is pretty gross. To be clear Jnavs, it's pretty conclusive. It's not just "We didn't like Cuomo"; it's a massive investigation and probe, made public. These types of things aren't so readily available unless they are very cut and dry.

Here's what I was thinking about earlier. While obviously these aren't as serious as the former groping and misconduct, they're pretty revealing on Cuomo's personality as a bully who relies on intimidation to his opponents.
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/02/1 ... ing-470025
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/22/nyre ... covid.html

None of this is conduct for someone who should be in a position of power, especially that of NY State.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Cuomo should bow out now and try to escape before the lawsuits hit. These women are going to own his ass.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Looks like there are pieces of crap on both sides of the political isle.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

goji89 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:06 pm Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Looks like there are pieces of crap on both sides of the political isle.
There has always been bad people in both sides and there ways will be.

Trump and his crazy followers are all just that much bigger pieces of shit.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

goji89 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:06 pm Looks like there are pieces of crap on both sides of the political isle.
I don't think any of this was in any dispute. The main difference is most people have turned on Cuomo and realize why this is a big deal, versus everything with the former president getting a response of "so-what?" from his supporters. I don't think anyone here is trying to defend Cuomo or excuse his behavior.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Yeah I had no idea that they had concrete documentation on him, I figured these were all just he-said, she-said allegations.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

_JNavs_ wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:00 pm Yeah I had no idea that they had concrete documentation on him, I figured these were all just he-said, she-said allegations.
That's usually the case with a lot of the high-profile ones (Weinstein, Cosby and even Trump-in regards to his illegal activities that he was basically not pursued further because he was the president) but people try to conflate these done and "in the bag disputes" with internet drama and the likes. I agree sometimes places can get "witch-hunty" but often it takes a few brave people coming forward to even see if there's anything else going on, and it's important when an initial allegation is made for further investigation to be required, not just "those lying women!".

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

He/him/his