Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: Official News topic

Post by miguelnuva »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:52 pm ^And yet the riots of 2020 resulted in at least 25 dead, several more injured and millions of dollars in property damage. There were peaceful protests too, and yes, sometimes the police were heavy-handed in their response, but let's not try to sweep all of that damage under the rug.

The January 6th riots were also bad. See how two things can be true at once? It's almost like violence and destruction are immoral no matter your political affiliation. Crazy.
The riots in 2020 were the result of people taking advantage of the BLM protest to loot and people that weren't apart of BLM coming in to start trouble. On top of that the message behind BLM was overall peaceful and positive.

January 6th was an attempted coup to keep a president in power that lost a fair election that resulted in loss of life to capitol police.

One is bad and the other had bad things happen during it.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:04 pmThey are not the same. Yes, bad shit happened during the BLM movements. But people who try and lump them under the same category are obviously missing the point on WHY the 2020 protests happened and WHY they kept getting worse and worse and worse.
I never said they're the same, they clearly aren't - yet there are parallels, namely in how neither the right or left are willing to condemn political violence committed by their own side. All through 2020, there was constant denial from the left that the riots were even happening, and if they *were* happening, they were justified "because people are angry". Now, all through 2021, the right is in a similar denial about the nature of the insurrection.
Last edited by Rando Yaguchi on Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:41 pm I never said they're the same, they clearly aren't - yet there are parallels, namely in how neither the right or left are willing to condemn political violence committed by their own side. All through 2020, there was constant denial from the left that the riots were even happening, and if they *were* happening, they were justified "because people are angry". Now, all through 2021, the right is in a similar denial about the nature of the instruction.
Finally someone gets it, based post right here.

Again it's the old "it's alright for me but not for thee" in this day and age. Violence is the same no matter your political stance. I saw no condemnation to the riots for "peace" and this whole it was "others" doing it is wrong. It was the same people that didn't want peaceful protest but anarchy but it was o.k because it was for the "right cause".

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

goji89 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:04 pm
Rando Yaguchi wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:41 pm I never said they're the same, they clearly aren't - yet there are parallels, namely in how neither the right or left are willing to condemn political violence committed by their own side. All through 2020, there was constant denial from the left that the riots were even happening, and if they *were* happening, they were justified "because people are angry". Now, all through 2021, the right is in a similar denial about the nature of the instruction.
Finally someone gets it, based post right here.

Again it's the old "it's alright for me but not for thee" in this day and age. Violence is the same no matter your political stance. I saw no condemnation to the riots for "peace" and this whole it was "others" doing it is wrong. It was the same people that didn't want peaceful protest but anarchy but it was o.k because it was for the "right cause".
Nope you two still don't get.

A few bad apples casuing violence during a peaceful protest for equal rights to minorities vs a group coming to DC to pick a fight.

Jan 6 was never a protest, it was an attempted coup because one canadit lost.

A lot of people called out the violence in the 2020 protest but that's not why they happened. Jan 6th was pre mediated violence.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

miguelnuva wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:24 pm
A few bad apples casuing violence during a peaceful protest for equal rights to minorities vs a group coming to DC to pick a fight.
And you don't get what we're saying.

Look at this part alone, just a few "Bad Apples".

A few bad apples? How about A lot and I wouldn't call them bad apples but terrorists but that is too much right?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

goji89 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:29 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:24 pm
A few bad apples causing violence during a peaceful protest for equal rights to minorities vs a group coming to DC to pick a fight.
And you don't get what we're saying.

Look at this part alone, just a few "Bad Apples".

A few bad apples? How about A lot and I wouldn't call them bad apples but terrorists but that is too much right?
The majority of the BLM protesters were peacefully protesting. Some people took advantage that to loot, a lot of right wingers came in to start trouble. The main group of protests for the most part however were peaceful and other BLM protesters called out the violent looters and destroyers.

Jan 6th everyone there came to pick a fight.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Miguel, we've already established that the riots and the insurrection aren't 1:1 acts, so I'm not sure why you're still harping on that point.

They are both, however, politically motivated and ultimately useless displays of violence that should be condemned. Period.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:37 pm Miguel, we've already established that the riots and the insurrection aren't 1:1 acts, so I'm not sure why you're still harping on that point.

They are both, however, politically motivated and ultimately useless displays of violence that should be condemned. Period.
A protest that has violence happen during it, but the main message is peaceful and is trying to be non violent is different from a group of people showing up with the intention of committing violence. Do you also feel the civil rights movement in the 60's was wrong for protesting back then?

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

When did I ever condemn protesting?

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

miguelnuva wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:08 pm
Rando Yaguchi wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:37 pm Miguel, we've already established that the riots and the insurrection aren't 1:1 acts, so I'm not sure why you're still harping on that point.

A protest that has violence happen during it, but the main message is peaceful and is trying to be non violent is different from a group of people showing up with the intention of committing violence. Do you also feel the civil rights movement in the 60's was wrong for protesting back then?
You just don't get it.

But I've never seen a "peaceful protest", the intention is well and good but ultimately it devolves into violence. But not once are they condemned from their side because as Rando said "They're angry". They are politically motivated and they are not condemned from either side, so why is anyone surprised Republicans do the same in not condemning it.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:11 pm When did I ever condemn protesting?
useless displays of violence that should be condemned
The BLM protest in 2020 where protest where riots happened to break out, yes someone abused the protest to loot and get violent, some of them were also from the right trying to start things as well but the majority were peaceful.

Jan 6th was never going to be peaceful and people were planning for it to get violent.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

I condemn the rioting and violence, not the protests.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

goji89 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:17 pm

You just don't get it.

But I've never seen a "peaceful protest", the intention is well and good but ultimately it devolves into violence. But not once are they condemned from their side because as Rando said "They're angry". They are politically motivated and they are not condemned from either side, so why is anyone surprised Republicans do the same in not condemning it.
You should look up your civil rights history if you've never seen a peaceful protest.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fac ... 317862001/

That took 5 seconds and that is not me trying to look.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

miguelnuva wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:20 pm

You just don't get it.

You should look up your civil rights history if you've never seen a peaceful protest.

I'm talking in these protests (my bad that's on me).

Still, protesting is fine but where is the hard condemnation to the rioters and looters and arsonists. You want Republicans to do that but fail to do it yourselfs even now just calling them "Bad Apples", you get mad at the Republicans for not coming down hard on their side but the other side does it too, where's the problem?

I'll tell you, neither side will do it.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

goji89 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:25 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:20 pm

You just don't get it.

I'm talking in these protests (my bad that's on me).

Still, protesting is fine but where is the hard condemnation to the rioters and looters and arsonists. You want Republicans to do that but fail to do it yourselfs even now just calling them "Bad Apples", you get mad at the Republicans for not coming down hard on their side but the other side does it too, where's the problem?

I'll tell you, neither side will do it.
I'm telling you now that those that caused riots took advantage of the protest that were going on. No one on Jan 6th was protesting peacefully. They were following a crazy leader who wanted to overthrow the government.

I already posted the president saying the riots needed to stop and others did as well.

As for Republicans we need them like the World needs Kong, what we don't need is the crazies following and afraid of Trump. If a democratic president ever rose as crazy as Trump I'd be the first to call them out as well.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:41 pm
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:04 pmThey are not the same. Yes, bad poop happened during the BLM movements. But people who try and lump them under the same category are obviously missing the point on WHY the 2020 protests happened and WHY they kept getting worse and worse and worse.
I never said they're the same, they clearly aren't - yet there are parallels, namely in how neither the right or left are willing to condemn political violence committed by their own side. All through 2020, there was constant denial from the left that the riots were even happening, and if they *were* happening, they were justified "because people are angry". Now, all through 2021, the right is in a similar denial about the nature of the insurrection.
Never said the bad stuff from the 2020 protests should have happened. It shouldn't have. There's PLENTY of video of people in those protests even trying to stop people from getting violent. But what the right side isn't doing, and has NEVER done, is point out how the Trumpanzees never faced the same consequences as the BLM movement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5H6QB0aElY

And that's just one quick example before I head off for the day.
goji89 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:29 pm A few bad apples? How about A lot and I wouldn't call them bad apples but terrorists but that is too much right?
Man, you really NEVER have to tell anyone who you voted for. So how about the Jan 6 Trumpanzees? You going to label them as terrorists too?
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:08 amNever said the bad stuff from the 2020 protests should have happened. It shouldn't have. There's PLENTY of video of people in those protests even trying to stop people from getting violent. But what the right side isn't doing, and has NEVER done, is point out how the Trumpanzees never faced the same consequences as the BLM movement.

Now now, MM. The Capital rioters were punished just as hard, if not worse, than the BLM rioters.

In 2020, the BLM protestors were tazed, beaten, gassed, blinded, shot, and ran over.

The Capital rioters were...allowed to eat organic food. And granted a 4-day trip to the Caribbean. And weeklong family roadtrips. The horror.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:01 am
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:08 amNever said the bad stuff from the 2020 protests should have happened. It shouldn't have. There's PLENTY of video of people in those protests even trying to stop people from getting violent. But what the right side isn't doing, and has NEVER done, is point out how the Trumpanzees never faced the same consequences as the BLM movement.

Now now, MM. The Capital rioters were punished just as hard, if not worse, than the BLM rioters.

In 2020, the BLM protestors were tazed, beaten, gassed, blinded, shot, and ran over.

The Capital rioters were...allowed to eat organic food. And granted a 4-day trip to the Caribbean. And weeklong family roadtrips. The horror.
God damn, the horror. Those poor Trumpanzees!

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Alright, folks are not engaging in this conversation in good faith. Not handing out any warnings right now, but let's all follow miguelnuva's example and change gears.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.