Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Official News topic

Post by eabaker »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
eabaker wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Anyone who thinks that thing that wasn't even human to begin with deserves to live or mourns his death needs professional help.
Do you realize that you come across as a psychopath here?
I'd say I was shocked when I read that but
I know... I know...
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I know people naturally are inclined to bring up possible international ramifications regarding Soleimani’s death, but why aren’t more people bringing up what could happen in Iran internally because of this incident? Mind you there are people in both Iraq and Iran who are actually celebrating his death.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Terasawa wrote:Lmao Which of those tweets shows anyone “mourning” his death?

Nice Republican propaganda machine news source too.
Even monsters have loved ones.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

LegendZilla wrote:I know people naturally are inclined to bring up possible international ramifications regarding Soleimani’s death, but why aren’t more people bringing up what could happen in Iran internally because of this incident? Mind you there are people in both Iraq and Iran who are actually celebrating his death.
The Iranian regime is in trouble. Protests are happening all over the country against inflation (which is really hurting the country), crony capitalism, and how the mullahs generally suck. They can't afford a massive retaliation strike, even more so with their military being kind of flimsy. Yeah, their air force is semi-modern, but that's about it. Russia and China can't prop up the regime forever, more so China given how hard they have with trying to restrain North Korea.

Trump just gave Iran a broken jaw, and they don't know how to respond.
Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Rhedosaurus wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:I know people naturally are inclined to bring up possible international ramifications regarding Soleimani’s death, but why aren’t more people bringing up what could happen in Iran internally because of this incident? Mind you there are people in both Iraq and Iran who are actually celebrating his death.
The Iranian regime is in trouble. Protests are happening all over the country against inflation (which is really hurting the country), crony capitalism, and how the mullahs generally suck. They can't afford a massive retaliation strike, even more so with their military being kind of flimsy. Yeah, their air force is semi-modern, but that's about it. Russia and China can't prop up the regime forever, more so China given how hard they have with trying to restrain North Korea.

Do you have any predictions to what could happen in Iran in the long run (Aside from a full-blown US invasion)? Could the Iranian people pull of a Revolution 2.0?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Not an expert on Iran, but something tells me that is unlikely. At least for the moment.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

https://www.nj.com/entertainment/2019/1 ... cuser.html

This is very suspect if you ask me.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

LegendZilla wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Do you have any predictions to what could happen in Iran in the long run (Aside from a full-blown US invasion)? Could the Iranian people pull of a Revolution 2.0?
It's a 50/50 wash at this point. Even if the Iranians were to suppress the revolts, their power projections would be crippled even more then it is now.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

Soleimani went into Iraq and met with the group that conducted the embassy attack. That's pretty fucked up. He had this coming, IMO. Iran has been funding terror groups to kill Israelis and Americans for many years now. They keep getting more and more aggressive. Shooting down drones in international airspace, stealing tankers in the straits, nuclearization (and lying about it when Israeli and US intelligence backs it up).
LegendZilla wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

This move could isolate Iranian leadership internationally. It weakens their ability to arm terrorist groups and opposing sides in proxy wars as well.
Last edited by Destoroyah of Worlds on Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:Soleimani went into Iraq and met with the group that conducted the embassy attack. That's pretty skreeonked up. He had this coming, IMO. Iran has been funding terror groups to kill Israelis and Americans for many years now. They keep getting more and more aggressive. Shooting down drones in international airspace, stealing tankers in the straits, nuclearization (and lying about it when Israeli and US intelligence backs it up).
LegendZilla wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

This move could isolate Iranian leadership internationally. It weakens their ability to arm terrorist groups and opposing sides in proxy wars as well.
Yeah. Right now, China and Russia are very reluctant about helping Iran considering how unstable their regime is right now via what I mentioned.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

At least two US airbases in Iraq hit by ballistic missiles in a direct attack from Iran

No reported casualties as of yet, but that may change. There's definitely going to be a retaliatory US strike on Iran proper this time.
Last edited by G2000 on Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

If the Iranian News report of 30 soldiers being killed is true, i have no doubt that Trump will respond swiftly and severely.

Iran really shouldn't have poked the beast.

They've always been suspect, they've always pushed boundaries, they've always been shady. I have no remorse for Soulemani (or however you spell it), nor the rest of their regime.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

_JNavs_ wrote:If the Iranian News report of 30 soldiers being killed is true, i have no doubt that Trump will respond swiftly and severely.

They've always been suspect, they've always pushed boundaries, they've always been shady. I have no remorse for Soulemani (or however you spell it), nor the rest of their regime.
As far as I can tell US is currently reporting no casualties; missiles were tracked and troops were able to shelter before they hit. Lack of American dead may inform response. Dead US soldiers would (and frankly should) guarantee a swift and harsh response against the Iranians, but none may mean either a more limited or even no response (though I doubt that the President will choose not to respond, because then the opposition narrative turns from "he's dragging us into war" to "he backed down in the face of an enemy")
Last edited by G2000 on Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

G2000 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:If the Iranian News report of 30 soldiers being killed is true, i have no doubt that Trump will respond swiftly and severely.

As far as I can tell US is currently reporting no casualties; missiles were tracked and troops were able to shelter before they hit. Lack of American dead may inform response. Dead US soldiers would (and frankly should) guarantee a swift and harsh response against the Iranians, but none may mean either a more limited or even no response (though I doubt that the President will choose not to respond, because then the opposition narrative turns from "he's dragging us into war" to "he backed down in the face of an enemy")
Yeah so far, thankfully, there have been no casualties. Though something tells me that could change in the next few hours, considering the power over there is currently down and it's about 3am.

I did not know the missiles were tracked and our troops managed to get out of there, if so, that's a great albeit very dark situation for the U.S. troops.

And yeah, Trump is definitely not the type to back down from the enemy, he's been essentially begging someone to test him for a while now. Whether it's because of selfish pride, or grand respect for our country (i consider it to be a bit of both and i respect that), is up for debate.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

Iran is fucking insane for attacking a member of NATO.

Ever since the hostage situation, they keep testing us more and more. Attacking ships in the straits, shooting down drones in international air space, assisting assad in his gassing of civilians and purges of the kurds, arming terrorist groups that attack the US by proxy, attacking civilian locations in countries like Saudi Arabia and Yemen. Now they're attacking US bases directly.

Sooner or later, this country is going to have to be taken care of.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Last edited by G2000 on Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

_JNavs_ wrote:Trump
grand respect for our country
Thanks for the laugh tonight.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Iranian Red Crescent confirms no survivors on crashed Ukrainian jet

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Before everyone freaks out about the plane somehow being involved in the other issue, the plane that took off was the same that crashed in the previous two major crashes. Edit: Not the exact same, the Max, but the similarities are noticeable.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Terasawa wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Trump
grand respect for our country
Thanks for the laugh tonight.
To be fair, in context i worded it as a question lol.

I do think he'd want the U.S. in the best shape it can be, whether his view on "best" is warped or not.

Added in 8 minutes 15 seconds:
Supposedly some middle eastern news reports are saying Iran took responsibility for the crashed plane. I will say i doubt they'd admit to it, even if they did do it, so obvious grains of salt. But the rumor is the plane was in the way of a missile aimed for Iraq.

Them stating "Technical problems" before even discovering the deathtoll is very suspicious though. That plane was a fireball all the way down.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.