Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Re: Official News topic

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

goji89 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:33 am
Arthur was way after my time but I did see a few episodes here and there. I didn't know it was still airing new episodes that's wild.
One episode I can think of that would hold up for adults is the one where they do the show in the style of South Park and Beavis and Butt-Head.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

I assumed Arthur had been off the air for twenty years. Crazy.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Last edited by goji89 on Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Last edited by goji89 on Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

Look who didn't show up or listen in.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Last edited by goji89 on Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

K, I get we need to discuss news by posting news in the first plaxe but this is getting to be spam at this point.

Either discuss what you're posting or it will be warned for spam.

RIP Evan.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

This guy is a real piece of work. Defending his presence at the rally, he claimed “Anyone with a brain larger than a pea knew that I was not advocating violence.” (Now he concedes he was wearing body armor at that very event -- this must show you what he thinks of the brain capacity of Trump supporters.)

Incidentally, when he was served his subpoena in June, he tweeted out a picture by which he effectively doxxed himself. Days earlier he had gone into hiding to evade being served.

Oh, and he's a terrorist.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Well, Cops say they shoot when their lives are at risk and in danger. They did kill a woman that day.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Terasawa wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:12 am This guy is a real piece of work. Defending his presence at the rally, he claimed “Anyone with a brain larger than a pea knew that I was not advocating violence.” (Now he concedes he was wearing body armor at that very event -- this must show you what he thinks of the brain capacity of Trump supporters.)
I dunno how you could doubt him. I always wear body armor when I go on casual tourist walks.
miguelnuva wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:42 amWhat did she want them to do, gun down the protesters.
Nah, she wanted the police officers to just prop open the doors, roll out the red carpet, and step aside to let them pass. After all, what could these peaceful and 100% non-violent upstanding citizens possibly do to the folks inside?
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Meh, similar to the protests where buildings and violence and looting broke out among "Peaceful protesters".

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

goji89 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:31 pm Meh, similar to the protests where buildings and violence and looting broke out among "Peaceful protesters".
Oh, you mean the protestors that were getting tear gassed and, in some cases, literally trapped by police forces without anywhere to go while still being gassed? Obviously the Jan 6 riot and the BLM movement are completely different things. One was treated as an insurrection opposed to a protest and squashed by an overwhelming police force. The other was a riot that raided a federal building and never saw an ounce of police brutality.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

^And yet the riots of 2020 resulted in at least 25 dead, several more injured and millions of dollars in property damage. There were peaceful protests too, and yes, sometimes the police were heavy-handed in their response, but let's not try to sweep all of that damage under the rug.

The January 6th riots were also bad. See how two things can be true at once? It's almost like violence and destruction are immoral no matter your political affiliation. Crazy.
Last edited by Rando Yaguchi on Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:52 pm ^And yet the riots of 2020 resulted in at least 25 dead, several more injured and millions of dollars in property damage. There were peaceful protests too, and yes, sometimes the police were heavy-handed in their response, but let's not try to sweep all of that damage under the rug.

The January 6th riots were also bad. See how two things can be true at once? It's almost like violence and destruction are immoral no matter your political affiliation. Crazy.
One is about police brutality that was met and further fed by more police brutality.
The other is about Orange Man not winning an election and not being met with even a fraction of what the BLM protests were met with.

No. They are not the same. Yes, bad shit happened during the BLM movements. But people who try and lump them under the same category are obviously missing the point on WHY the 2020 protests happened and WHY they kept getting worse and worse and worse.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?