Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Spuro
Keizer

Re: Official News topic

Post by Spuro »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:Oh, boy. The government is trying seek past, a new law called the EARN IT act. while, we're all distracted by the coronavisirus.

https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2020/0 ... ncryption/
Yeah, I heard about this. What a bunch of assholes.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Why would any American go down there anyway? Mexico is, at best, a semi-failed state, like China was from the 1920's-the first half of the 1930's, and Mexico is worried about some stupid virus? If anything, those psychopathic drug cartels are FAR more deadly to the country then anything else they have to fear.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Rhedosaurus wrote:Why would any American go down there [Mexico] anyway?
lol

Newsweek: Thousands of Americans are Crossing the Border Into Mexico Every Year to Get Affordable Medical Treatment Quote: "According to Josef Woodman, the CEO of Patients Beyond Borders, an organization advocating for medical travel, as many as 800,000 to 1 million American citizens make the trip from the U.S. to Mexico for affordable treatment each year."

United States Department of State: U.S. Relations With Mexico Quote: "In addition, 1.5 million U.S. citizens live in Mexico, and Mexico is the top foreign destination for U.S. travelers."

Additionally: numbers for U.S. travel to Mexico from Statista.

I know it's also easy to forget since Daddy Trump tries to dehumanize them, but Mexicans are people too. There are a lot of legalized Mexican immigrants (aka Mexican-Americans) in the States who still have family south of the border. Are they not allowed to travel to see their relatives?

You seem to think Mexico is only a country of violent criminals.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

And anyway, if they have so many problems as it is, why would they want the Coronavirus on top of them? Of COURSE they're worried about it.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

Netflix has been hacked! With the craziness going on right now with the pandemic, a lot of people are going to take advantage of everyone being distracted.

Follow this guide to make sure that you haven't been effected by this.
https://www.techjunkie.com/netflix-got- ... ged-email/

Protect yourselves folks.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Terasawa wrote:
lol

Newsweek: Thousands of Americans are Crossing the Border Into Mexico Every Year to Get Affordable Medical Treatment Quote: "According to Josef Woodman, the CEO of Patients Beyond Borders, an organization advocating for medical travel, as many as 800,000 to 1 million American citizens make the trip from the U.S. to Mexico for affordable treatment each year."

United States Department of State: U.S. Relations With Mexico Quote: "In addition, 1.5 million U.S. citizens live in Mexico, and Mexico is the top foreign destination for U.S. travelers."

I know it's also easy to forget since Daddy Trump tries to dehumanize them, but Mexicans are people too. There are a lot of legalized Mexican immigrants (aka Mexican-Americans) in the States who still have family south of the border. Are they not allowed to travel to see their relatives?

I guess you didn't hear the news about how the Mexican Army got it's butt kicked by one of the cartels.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Terasawa wrote:
lol

I guess you didn't hear the news about how the Mexican Army got it's butt kicked by one of the cartels.
So you’re just gonna ignore every point I made and throw out your straw man. Got it.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Terasawa wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Terasawa wrote:
lol

So you’re just gonna ignore every point I made and throw out your straw man. Got it.
Pointing out that a nation's army got beat by a drug cartel is not throwing out a straw man at all, but pointing out how weak it's government is.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Rhedosaurus wrote:Pointing out that a nation's army got beat by a drug cartel is not throwing out a straw man at all, but pointing out how weak it's government is.
It absolutely is a straw man in the context of this discussion. You questioned why any American would go to Mexico, and I answered. And you responded with a change of direction to “prove” your point that Mexico is a “failed state.”

I didn’t even say anything about the Mexican government.

I did say that it seems like your opinion is Mexico only harbors violent criminals. I’m aware of the massive problem with drug cartels and violent crime. However, there are still literally millions of law-abiding citizens that live there, which was essential to my point that there are many reasons why Americans travel to Mexico.
Last edited by Terasawa on Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Conservatives: "Mexico is a failed state because an armed militia can take on its own government's military!"

Also Conservatives: "We are the best country because our armed 2nd Amendment militia can take on its own government's military!"
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Last edited by G2000 on Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

G2000 wrote:There’s a difference between a country having a right to bear arms and a country that is actively being humiliated in an ongoing war with drug cartels because AMLO insists on following a policy of “hugs not bullets” even as the Mexican military was routed by a couple hundred armed cartel members in December

It doesn't help that the semi-Stalinist junta that took over Mexico in the mid 1930's and ruled the country until 2000 enacted strict gun control to avoid being overthrown. This explains why the civilians are at the mercy of the drug lords and their armies of psychopaths.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

The recent corona virus has (understandably) been the focus of most media coverage. Despite that:
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/28/asia ... index.html

Honestly NK needs to go. They’ve needed to go for years, but trump pretended to be friendly with them and they’ve begun trying to intimidate japan. They’ve been given repeatedly chances for a diplomatic out, but it’s getting more and more ridiculous.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Honestly NK needs to go. They’ve needed to go for years, but trump pretended to be friendly with them and they’ve begun trying to intimidate japan. They’ve been given repeatedly chances for a diplomatic out, but it’s getting more and more ridiculous.
The only real options we have left are diplomacy or “maximum pressure;” the military option is pretty much off the table and has been since the minute they got nukes, and out of the kitchen since they gained the ability to hit the US. The only real chance we really had to take them out was back in the 90s - when their Soviet patrons were gone and before the Chinese had really taken up that role, before they got their nukes and when they were weak from floods and famine - and even then the Clinton administration decided the risks were too great.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

Good lord. The coronavirus filtering out literally every other type of news has given Trump and the Republicans the ability to do whatever they want. From obstruction of justice to stacking the stimulus with some of the biggest corporate bailouts in history.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:
Good lord. The coronavirus filtering out literally every other type of news has given Trump and the Republicans the ability to do whatever they want. From obstruction of justice to stacking the stimulus with some of the biggest corporate bailouts in history.
I was for half of that much a la loans, but the other half is indefensible. We didn't need to pass a behemoth. We could have done a 3 year tax holiday instead. Not only that, but those poorly run passenger airline industries deserve to go down. Remember how GM and Cheytser didn't change much corporate wise after Obama bailed them out?

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

Post deleted, I fell for an April fool's day joke. I'm very sorry.
Last edited by kingkevzilla88 on Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Man walks into replica of the Master Sword thinking it was just a toy, now in serious condition.

EDIT: Nvm, this was back in 2014.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/weir ... 67520.html

Last edited by BlankAccount on Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.