Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Spuro
Keizer

Re: Official News topic

Post by Spuro »

MandaSaurus wrote:Coronavirus update: Over 77,000 infected. Death toll over 2,300. In China...
Prolly a lot more than 2,300. I don't trust official Chinese news to be telling the truth.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:Coronavirus update: Over 77,000 infected. Death toll over 2,300. In China...
Prolly a lot more than 2,300. I don't trust official Chinese news to be telling the truth.
What do you mean? I trust them fully! I know for a FACT nothing happened in Tianmen square in 1989! That MUST mean that despite infecting over 700,000 people, many of which are elderly, only 2300 have died!
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:
Kaiju-King42 wrote:
What do you mean? I trust them fully! I know for a FACT nothing happened in Tianmen square in 1989! That MUST mean that despite infecting over 700,000 people, many of which are elderly, only 2300 have died!
You added an extra zero.
The death rate is pretty much accurate from what we have seen in Japan and around the world.

I don't trust the Chinese government either, but it's become more than a Chinese issue and what currently is going on in Japan is proving that most likely a lot of stuff is accurate and that there isn't some big massive conspiracy.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Trump decries Best Picture winner Parasite and Academy Awards for awarding foreign film at Colorado rally.

Donnie Dumb Dumb strikes again with his usual absurd/racist tirades. And just for clarification: he didn't JUST talk down on the movie winning for disliking it, he bemoaned Parasite winning Best Picture SIMPLY because it's a foreign movie. That's objectively racist.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

KManX89 wrote:Trump decries Best Picture winner Parasite and Academy Awards for awarding foreign film at Colorado rally.

Donnie Dumb Dumb strikes again with his usual absurd/racist tirades. And just for clarification: he didn't JUST talk down on the movie winning for disliking it, he bemoaned Parasite winning Best Picture SIMPLY because it's a foreign movie. That's objectively racist.
I’d say it’s more xenophobic than racist, but Trump ticks that box too.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

KManX89 wrote:Trump decries Best Picture winner Parasite and Academy Awards for awarding foreign film at Colorado rally.

He's just mad because the movie forces him to read subtitles.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:

He’s just made because the film forces him to read.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

The results of a government investigation into grooming gangs are being kept secret, saying it is not in the “public interest”.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 44896.html

Even though it has been revealed that 19,000 children have been sexually groomed by these gangs in England just in the past year alone.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 15261.html

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

China Coronavirus Update: 78,966 confirmed cases. 2,468 dead. Of course, since China has a Communist government, these numbers could be LOWER than what they actually are...

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:

From the above article: “Parasite is a foreign movie about how oblivious the ultrarich are about the struggles of the working class, and it requires two hours of reading subtitles,” the Democratic National Committee wrote on Twitter. “Of course Trump hates it.”

...yep, pretty much. Funny thing is I was just arguing about Parasite with annoying fanboys in a Tarantino forum, and now our President has publicly said something just as ignorant. I would say I'm surprised, but at this point I'd actually be surprised if he didn't say something like this.

Oh, and also from the article:

Neon, the independent film distributor behind “Parasite,” also responded to Trump’s broadside with an acid reference to the movie’s English subtitles.

“Understandable,” the company wrote on Twitter. “He can’t read.”
Last edited by HedorahIsBestGirl on Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I'd be surprised if Trump didn't Tweet for a whole week. Seriously dude, do your job.

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Living Corpse wrote:I'd be surprised if Trump didn't Tweet for a whole week. Seriously dude, do your job.
Wait, I thought his job was to embarrass his entire country on Twitter every day?
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: He's just mad because the movie forces him to read subtitles.
From the above article: “Parasite is a foreign movie about how oblivious the ultrarich are about the struggles of the working class, and it requires two hours of reading subtitles,” the Democratic National Committee wrote on Twitter. “Of course Trump hates it.”

...yep, pretty much. Funny thing is I was just arguing about Parasite with annoying fanboys in a Tarantino forum, and now our President has publicly said something just as ignorant. I would say I'm surprised, but at this point I'd actually be surprised if he didn't say something like this.

Oh, and also from the article:

Neon, the independent film distributor behind “Parasite,” also responded to Trump’s broadside with an acid reference to the movie’s English subtitles.

“Understandable,” the company wrote on Twitter. “He can’t read.”
:lol:

Actually, make that double burn.

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Well, Harvey Weinstein was found guilty of third-degree rape but not predatory sexual assault, which could have landed him a much-deserved life sentence. Gotta love our fucked up failure of a justice system. When people claim America is "the only free country" and stupid shit like that, I cite examples like this to disprove them. Poor offenders get overzealous sentences for minor drug offenses, rich offenders get minimal sentences for horrific crimes. Speaking of sentencing, Weinstein will be sentenced for his convicted crimes on March 11. Here's hoping he doesn't get off easy.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ha ... e-n1137956

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

We Canadians agree too.

Seriously, USA, get your shit together. The horror stories coming out of your country about not being able to afford medical care is unbelievable.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
We Canadians agree too.

Seriously, USA, get your shit together. The horror stories coming out of your country about not being able to afford medical care is unbelievable.
The dead aren't much better off either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnoMsftQPY8

This sounds like something out of a third world country, makes me wonder how many murderers got away free or accidents were falsely reported as suicide because of the examiners are not formally trained, aren't given the space or equipment needed (seriously who doesn't fund a fridge for this?) or botched autopsies.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

While everyone is worried about the foreign fears of Corona, lets look inwardly and see something just as bad, and way more preventable than the Corona Virus:
https://gizmodo.com/traveler-returning- ... 1841900021
Azcue’s plan wouldn’t have existed if Donald Trump’s administration hadn’t rolled back provisions of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) that prevented insurers from denying coverage over pre-existing conditions or refusing to things like hospitalization in 2018. The White House added links to the federal ACA exchange to outside sites that sold such “short-term plans,” according to the Washington Post, despite these not meeting the original requirements; that’s in addition to the Trump administration’s other efforts to weaken key provisions of the law or throw it out entirely. Azcue makes $55,000 a year and took one of those short-term plans to lower his premiums from $400 a month to $180, according to the Herald.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote:Well, Harvey Weinstein was found guilty of third-degree rape but not predatory sexual assault, which could have landed him a much-deserved life sentence. Gotta love our fucked up failure of a justice system. When people claim America is "the only free country" and stupid shit like that, I cite examples like this to disprove them. Poor offenders get overzealous sentences for minor drug offenses, rich offenders get minimal sentences for horrific crimes. Speaking of sentencing, Weinstein will be sentenced for his convicted crimes on March 11. Here's hoping he doesn't get off easy.

Here's hoping he gets a lengthy sentence in gen pop where he'll get some of what he dished out back at him, but I'm not holding my breath.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

KManX89 wrote:
HedorahIsBestGirl wrote:Well, Harvey Weinstein was found guilty of third-degree rape but not predatory sexual assault, which could have landed him a much-deserved life sentence. Gotta love our skreeonked up failure of a justice system. When people claim America is "the only free country" and stupid poop like that, I cite examples like this to disprove them. Poor offenders get overzealous sentences for minor drug offenses, rich offenders get minimal sentences for horrific crimes. Speaking of sentencing, Weinstein will be sentenced for his convicted crimes on March 11. Here's hoping he doesn't get off easy.

Here's hoping he gets a lengthy sentence in gen pop where he'll get some of what he dished out back at him, but I'm not holding my breath.
I hope he does time too but can we not wish prison rape on people, please? That kind of crap shouldn't be encouraged.