General Fan Theory Thread

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
SoggyNoodles2016

General Fan Theory Thread

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

thought we had a thread like this but we don't, so I decided to take matters in my own hands :lol:.

Like the general fan confession thread, but with theories for things you are a fan of.

Beetlejuice, The Good Place, Good Omens, Frightners Ghostbusters, and Discworld (mainly it's Grim Reapers) all deal with the same afterlife, it's just different levels of it.

The Walking Dead and Shaun of The Dead are in the same apocalypse, only one went to shit faster and stayed like that.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Re: General Fan Theory Thread

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

I think Carnage / Cletus Cassidy in Venom is in the same prison as Vulture and Scorpion at the end of Spider-Man Homecoming. Mysterio is still alive also.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

I fully subscribe to the interpretation of "Signs" as a religious film. The whole 'they came to a planet full of water' thing is a little odd....if you perceive them as straightforward aliens invading.

But if you perceive them essentially as demons visiting from hell...then them being quite primitive/primal in their nature makes sense. You no longer have an issue of 'they have tech to come to earth, but are killed by water, choose earth, and have hard times opening doors?'....if these things are demons of low-cognition...the entirely thing becomes completely probable.

It is very much couched in the film as-is, since it is about a former pastor who lost his faith and rediscovers his faith in the film. It becomes almost a purely religious horror film.

Not ALL water kills the aliens....at the climax of the film Graham rediscovers his faith, and his house is once again a house of God, and so that water is now in a sense Holy Water....which is extremely hazardous to demonic beings.

I don't usually go in for fan-theories, but when I first read that one....it is 100% one that for me, is completely true, I can't UNSEE Signs in that way, it doesn't work in any other light for me.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Tangled, Frozen, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and all pieces of media related to them (short films, TV series, etc.) all take place in the same universe as the Godzilla Anime Trilogy, and they are set in the 20,000 years after Godzilla drove humanity from Earth. They are simply what the continent of Europe is like, and how remnant human populations evolved over the 20,000 years of humanity being nearly extinct on Earth.

And the sundrop responsible for making Rapunzel's hair posess magic healing properties is because it was actually a spore of Biollante.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

ShinGojira14 wrote:Tangled, Frozen, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and all pieces of media related to them (short films, TV series, etc.) all take place in the same universe ...

as the Godzilla Anime Trilogy
Last edited by Jetty_Jags on Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
He Jock it Made of Steel

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

There are more than just Toho Monsters in the Showa Universe.

Others include:

-King Kong (1933)
-Gorgo
-Rhedosaurus
-Behemoth (1959)
-Majin
-Reptilicus
-Ymir
-Pulgasari
-Yongary
-The Ants from Them!
-The Giant Octopus from It Came from Beneath the Sea
-Universal Monsters (30s-50s)

About the Universal Monsters, in Frankenstein vs Baragon it claims that the heart of Frankenstein is immortal, which is why he keeps coming back over the years. This description can only be fitted with the 30s version of the character, as he was the only version at the time to meet the description. And since that version of the character is part of another universe, we can conclude that the exploits of movies like The Creature From the Black Lagoon and Dracula can be included in this Universe.

Yes, it's an Omni Viewer Theory.
For Emperor and Empire!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Jetty_Jags wrote:
ShinGojira14 wrote:Tangled, Frozen, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and all pieces of media related to them (short films, TV series, etc.) all take place in the same universe ...

Yeah, it's a rather outlandish theory, but it would explain how fictional kingdoms such as Arendelle- which never existed in real life- exist.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

ShinGojira14 wrote:
Jetty_Jags wrote:

Yeah, it's a rather outlandish theory, but it would explain how fictional kingdoms such as Arendelle- which never existed in real life- exist.
Not to be the "um, actually" guy but...

Frozen and it's sequel take place in the 1840s, specifically 1843 and 1846. Sorry, I just felt the urge, since I like to know when films take place, especially kids' films.
For Emperor and Empire!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Cloverfield takes place in the Monsterverse.

Absolutely 0 legitimacy here, just a cool concept to think that New York hasn't been attacked yet in the MV because it was nuked in 2008 and covered up as a terrorist attack. The world didn't care to look into it any further since 6 years later Godzilla showed up along with the MUTOs in 2014 and after that it was just absolute Monster Madness.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

_JNavs_ wrote:Cloverfield takes place in the Monsterverse.

Absolutely 0 legitimacy here, just a cool concept to think that New York hasn't been attacked yet in the MV because it was nuked in 2008 and covered up as a terrorist attack. The world didn't care to look into it any further since 6 years later Godzilla showed up along with the MUTOs in 2014 and after that it was just absolute Monster Madness.
This don't even work as a fan theory because both the monster and its parasites were on multiple live news broadcasts.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

NSZ wrote:

This don't even work as a fan theory because both the monster and its parasites were on multiple live news broadcasts.
Wasn't there military frames at the end of Cloverfield that implied the entire incident was covered up.

I'd count it as just a plot hole.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

It's a pretty sizeable plot hole, though. The characters spend like a minute or more watching clear, obvious footage of the monster live on CNN. You can't just... take that back. That genie is out of the bottle.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

JAGzilla wrote:It's a pretty sizeable plot hole, though. The characters spend like a minute or more watching clear, obvious footage of the monster live on CNN. You can't just... take that back. That genie is out of the bottle.
I agree, but i'm saying in the film, right before the credits i believe, they claim the entire event was covered up. So it's a plot hole regardless of whether the MV connects or not.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

_JNavs_ wrote:
JAGzilla wrote:It's a pretty sizeable plot hole, though. The characters spend like a minute or more watching clear, obvious footage of the monster live on CNN. You can't just... take that back. That genie is out of the bottle.
I agree, but i'm saying in the film, right before the credits i believe, they claim the entire event was covered up. So it's a plot hole regardless of whether the MV connects or not.
Ah, gotcha.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Here is my new timeline for the Showa Era.

Feudal Times:

The Three Treasures (???)
Pulgasari (???)
Daimajin (???)
Return of Daimajin (???)
Daimajin Strikes Again (???)

1930s-1940s:

Dracula (1931)
Frankenstein (1931)
The Mummy (1932)
King Kong (1933)
Son of Kong (1933)
The Invisible Man (1933)
The Bride of Frankenstein (1935)
Werewolf of London (1935)
The Invisible Woman (1940)
The Wolf Man (1941)
Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man (1943)
Son of Dracula (1943)
The Mummy's Curse (1944)

1950s:

The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms! (1953)
Creature From the Black Lagoon (Early 1954)
Them! (Mid 1954)
Godzilla (Late 1954)
Godzilla Raids Again (Early 1955)
Revenge of the Creature (Mid 1955)
It Came From Beneath The Sea (Mid 1955)
Rodan (1956)
The Beast From Hollow Mountain (1956)
The Mysterians (1957)
20 Million Miles to Earth (1957)
The Black Scorpion (1957)
The Deadly Mantis (1957)
Varan (1958)
The Fly (1958)
The Giant Gila Monster (1959)
The Giant Behemoth (1959)

1960s:

Mothra (1961)
Frankenstein vs Baragon (1961)
Reptilicus (1961)
Gorgo (1961)
The Day of the Triffids (1962)
King Kong vs Godzilla (1962)
Matango (1963)
Atragon (1963)
Mothra vs Godzilla (1964)
Dogora (1964)
Battle in Outer Space (1965)
Ghidorah, The Three Headed Monster (Early 1965)
Invasion of Astro Monster (1965)
Ebirah, Horror of the Deep (1966)
War of the Gargantuas (1966)
Son of Godzilla (1967)
King Kong Escapes (1967)
Latitude Zero (1969)

1970s:

Space Amoeba (1970)
Godzilla vs Hedorah (1971)
Godzilla vs Gigan (1972)
Godzilla vs Megalon (1973)
Zone Fighter (1973)
Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla (1974)
Terror of Mechagodzilla (1975)

1988:

War in Space (1988)

1999:

Destroy All Monsters (1999)

Gorath ('79-'82): If you want to include it for completion you can, but it's too incompatible.

This took me ages to make, so I hope you'll enjoy it.
Last edited by Voyager on Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

_JNavs_ wrote:
No they don't.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

NSZ wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
No they don't.
Questionable.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

_JNavs_ wrote:
NSZ wrote:

Wasn't there military frames at the end of Cloverfield that implied the entire incident was covered up.

I'd count it as just a plot hole.
I don't think that implies anything, they just have some things on record they are reviewing that may or may not become public. Like NSZ said, genies out of the bottle. You can't cover up a building sized monster destroying enough of a city to make 9/11 look tame, it's just the specifics on certain things happening at the time might be classified at the time.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

_JNavs_ wrote:
NSZ wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: I agree, but i'm saying in the film, right before the credits i believe, they claim the entire event was covered up. So it's a plot hole regardless of whether the MV connects or not.
No they don't.
Questionable.
Bruh. I checked the movie last night. No claims of a cover-up were to be found.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

NSZ wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
NSZ wrote:
No they don't.
Questionable.
Bruh. I checked the movie last night. No claims of a cover-up were to be found.
We've got a cover-up of the evidence of the cover-up going on here!
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.