What's your relationship status? (Relationship support thread)

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Re: What's your relationship status?

Post by Fish Cakes »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:But don't keep trying.
Thanks, Destroyah.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

Single.

I'm asexual, so I really don't have that much level of interest to begin with. And while I have felt attraction (even had a short living relationship once) I really don't think I'll ever settle down with someone, especially since I don't want to dissapoint a possible partner if they want to advance the relationship to points I wouldn't be comfortable with
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

Fish Cakes wrote:
Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:But don't keep trying.
Thanks, Destroyah.
<3
ManuJM1997 wrote:Single.

I'm asexual, so I really don't have that much level of interest to begin with. And while I have felt attraction (even had a short living relationship once) I really don't think I'll ever settle down with someone, especially since I don't want to dissapoint a possible partner if they want to advance the relationship to points I wouldn't be comfortable with
I'm asexual too. Sex isn't very pleasurable for me and is something i kind of "tolerate" when i can tell my partner is in the mood. The most intimate and romantic moments for me are when i cuddle or give big long hugs. That's when i feel loved the most.

Are you aromantic?
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

I'm currently single. I thought I use to have a massive crush on this girl back in high school. Unfortunately, she made it clear that she didn't share my feelings. Now, I got the message, but for whatever reason she still felt the need to remind me several times afterward for whatever reason. (much to my irritation) We did remain friends for a long time after that however but, hse hardly ever bothered to contact me and would rarely return my calls.

One day, she called me out of the blue and during our conversation, the topic of my feelings for her came up, and...shockingly she said she felt the same. She even came to my current home town and we went out to eat together. Then...I didn't hear back from her in over a year...A YEAR?! Not for lack of me trying to contact her either. So then, she calls me again out of the blew, and during our conversation, she said that she only liked me as a friend. I mean...it's like, Woman! Will you make up your damn mind?! (I didn't say that to her face however) It was at that point that I realized she just wasn't good for, and I cut her out of my life.

So yeah...uhh...There ya go.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:I'm currently single. I thought I use to have a massive crush on this girl back in high school. Unfortunately, she made it clear that she didn't share my feelings. Now, I got the message, but for whatever reason she still felt the need to remind me several times afterward for whatever reason. (much to my irritation) We did remain friends for a long time after that however but, hse hardly ever bothered to contact me and would rarely return my calls.

One day, she called me out of the blue and during our conversation, the topic of my feelings for her came up, and...shockingly she said she felt the same. She even came to my current home town and we went out to eat together. Then...I didn't hear back from her in over a year...A YEAR?! Not for lack of me trying to contact her either. So then, she calls me again out of the blew, and during our conversation, she said that she only liked me as a friend. I mean...it's like, Woman! Will you make up your damn mind?! (I didn't say that to her face however) It was at that point that I realized she just wasn't good for, and I cut her out of my life.

She was having boyfriend issues and using you as a fallback/comfort. Trust me.

Weird how many other ace people there are here? Still unsure I'm probably sex-positive. Definitely not aromantic which kills me.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Fish Cakes wrote:
GodzillaFreak99 wrote:I'm currently single. I thought I use to have a massive crush on this girl back in high school. Unfortunately, she made it clear that she didn't share my feelings. Now, I got the message, but for whatever reason she still felt the need to remind me several times afterward for whatever reason. (much to my irritation) We did remain friends for a long time after that however but, hse hardly ever bothered to contact me and would rarely return my calls.

She was having boyfriend issues and using you as a fallback/comfort. Trust me.

Possibly. To be fair, she did have some issues she was dealing with (much as we all do) but what she did still hurt me pretty badly.
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

You did the right thing. You deserve someone better, who doesnt play games with you. I'm shocked you didn't cut her off sooner.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:Possibly. To be fair, she did have some issues she was dealing with (much as we all do) but what she did still hurt me pretty badly.
Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:You did the right thing. You deserve someone better, who doesnt play games with you. I'm shocked you didn't cut her off sooner.
Listen to Destoroyah, take care of yourself first, man. You can and will be used by people for therapy if you allow yourself to. Be strong, be selfish. Not everyone has your best intentions in mind even if you have theirs. I've learned this the hard way twice now, don't be like me.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Fish Cakes wrote:
HedorahIsBestGirl wrote:Very single and not sure how I feel about it. I tend to transition from being totally asexual and independent to desperate for love and affection overnight. But after my shitty experiences with the last two people I had feelings for, I'm convinced being single for a couple years might be good for me.
Don't give up! I believe in you!

I'm also incredibly desperate for affection and stuff, my standards are so low, but even then, I can't find anyone interested for the right reasons. So many poly and hook-up are into me (and they're so cute, it destroys me) and I'm just not for that. :c

IDK why no one around here wants monogamous long-term stuff anymore. It's either polyamorous, demiromantic, or hook-ups. My best friend had to do long distance with her boyfriend at first just because of how incompatible the people around here were.

Is it like this where you guys are? Is it different for straight people?
NYC was obnoxious. I’ve had several long term relationships, but a lot of people thought it was really obnoxious or bad to have feelings. I had several times where I’d hook up with someone, once or twice and then get ghosted. A lot of people these days want to act like it’s wrong or “weak” to desire that. I still had a lot of great girlfriends and lots of sex so I shouldn’t complain.

But remember if you want something, there’s someone else that wants the same thing. Just keep searching.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:

You did the right thing. You deserve someone better, who doesnt play games with you. I'm shocked you didn't cut her off sooner.

Yeah, looking back I probably should've cut her out the moment she decided to rub salt in the wounds (so to speak)
Fish Cakes wrote:Listen to Destoroyah, take care of yourself first, man. You can and will be used by people for therapy if you allow yourself to. Be strong, be selfish. Not everyone has your best intentions in mind even if you have theirs. I've learned this the hard way twice now, don't be like me.

Yeah, you're right. Thanks for the words of encouragement y'all.
Last edited by GodzillaFreak99 on Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

Still single, despite not having ended up with the girl I liked, we are currently doing great as friends and since we only met a few months ago, it's best we stay as friends for the mean time because I may have screwed up by asking her out too soon.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

AllosaurHell wrote:Still single, despite not having ended up with the girl I liked, we are currently doing great as friends and since we only met a few months ago, it's best we stay as friends for the mean time because I may have screwed up by asking her out too soon.
If she wasn't interested in you then, it's doubtful she's going to become interested in you. Friends are great, don't expect it to go anywhere ever though, be prepared for her inevitable boyfriend who isn't you.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

Fish Cakes wrote:
AllosaurHell wrote:Still single, despite not having ended up with the girl I liked, we are currently doing great as friends and since we only met a few months ago, it's best we stay as friends for the mean time because I may have screwed up by asking her out too soon.
If she wasn't interested in you then, it's doubtful she's going to become interested in you. Friends are great, don't expect it to go anywhere ever though, be prepared for her inevitable boyfriend who isn't you.
I've already mentioned a month ago that she has a "boyfriend" but she recently stated the situation is "confusing" so right now I mostly decided that friendship is better and I'll wait for the right one to come in my life, whether it be her in the not too distant future if something were to happen or someone even better. Basically, I wasted the month of November over nothing because I kept having conniptions over something that really turned out to not be so serious.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

AllosaurHell wrote: I've already mentioned a month ago that she has a "boyfriend" but she recently stated the situation is "confusing" so right now I mostly decided that friendship is better and I'll wait for the right one to come in my life, whether it be her in the not too distant future if something were to happen or someone even better. Basically, I wasted the month of November over nothing because I kept having conniptions over something that really turned out to not be so serious.
Oh okay then.

Lately people around me have been accepting themselves dying alone and shit, being fine with just platonic love, all that stuff I just can't accept for myself. Yet that's the recurring theme of my nightmares, the constant dread of my subconscious. I'll look around one day, everyone who was once there will be gone, I'll be lost.
Last edited by Fish Cakes on Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

How does one convey non-hostile intentions to a female when one looks like something that would look natural in a Bram Stoker novel with a smile that looks like pennywise's, plus is terrible at communicating?
Last edited by master_of_monsters on Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
your source of self destruction

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

master_of_monsters wrote:How does one convey non-hostile intentions to a female when one looks like something that would look natural in a Bram Stoker novel with a smile that looks like pennywise's, plus is terrible at communicating?
IDK, can start by not referring to women as "females", always seems so dehumanizing to me.

Girl I like told me she thinks I'm cute today, still blushing.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

Fish Cakes wrote:
master_of_monsters wrote:How does one convey non-hostile intentions to a female when one looks like something that would look natural in a Bram Stoker novel with a smile that looks like pennywise's, plus is terrible at communicating?
IDK, can start by not referring to women as "females", always seems so dehumanizing to me.

I don't normally, I just did for this instance because reasons
your source of self destruction

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Fish Cakes wrote:

Did you flirt back?

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Single and not ready to mingle :lol: My last relationship was a year and a half ago and frankly, I'm probably not going to look for another one for a while. After some introspection, I don't feel like I'm at the level I need to be to have a successful and fufilling relationship. To that end, I've decided to focus my energy on myself, my goals and enjoying the freedom I have. There was a time when I was younger where I lamented being single, but as an adult I kind of just live my life and not worry about it lol. I learned that my self worth isn't and never will be tied to my relationship status, and it will never make me less of a man.

Hopefully these will be words of encouragement to some based off my own personal experiences.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:Did you flirt back?
I still don't know how to flirt? Just told her I thought she was too. I typically just tell people my feelings up-front. She's an online friend, pretty sure it was more a honest compliment than anything. Regardless, it made me incredibly happy and gave me lots of hope for a relationship in my future (not her specifically, but in general.) It's really refreshing to have a cisgirl find me attractive, I don't think anyone else here would really understand that though?
Last edited by Fish Cakes on Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.