What's your relationship status? (Relationship support thread)

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Re: What's your relationship status? (Relationship support thread)

Post by Fish Cakes »

master_of_monsters wrote:So, if you're talking to a naturally shy girl and she lightly blushes while you're talking to each other how are you supposed to interpret it?
You should ask her out if you're interested, just don't stress on it too much. Be confident, people like that. If she says no, respect that, don't push. Rejection is part of all this. (Anything other than a "Yes." should be a sign to not push romance as well by the way, don't push to make a "Maybe." into a "Yes.")

You're fine asking for advice, I may not have much experience with specifically romantic relationships, but I am well-versed in boundaries, friendships, rejection (given and taken), and have been on quite a few dates over the past couple years.

Really disagree with your stance here, MM. You shouldn't discourage people just getting into the dating scene from seeking advice and help. Besides, I'm not sure if someone in a relationship like yours should be giving advice, unless I'm thinking of a different user?
Last edited by Fish Cakes on Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I agree with MM, pretty much just ask and you shall know. The worst feeling is penting up feelings for someone, only to think they like you for a long ass time, and then it turns out they don’t feel the same way. One thing I’ve learned is to be quicker to the punch about these things.

Anyways I’m really finally content about living in japan cause I have a cool girlfriend. 8-) It’s just nice having someone to develop with and encourage me as well as a travel buddy. Next week we are driving up to Nagano prefecture to see the Yayoi Kusama art museum.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:I agree with MM, pretty much just ask and you shall know. The worst feeling is penting up feelings for someone, only to think they like you for a long ass time, and then it turns out they don’t feel the same way. One thing I’ve learned is to be quicker to the punch about these things.

Anyways I’m really finally content about living in japan cause I have a cool girlfriend. 8-) It’s just nice having someone to develop with and encourage me as well as a travel buddy. Next week we are driving up to Nagano prefecture to see the Yayoi Kusama art museum.
Agreed. Getting rejected early and often softens the blows and strengthens the heart. Also was unaware he meant a friend, that changes things. Long-term friends are great to have. A worthwhile friend won't be weird about a crush or interest in dating if you're not in my experience. It comes back to confidence and respect.

Also, congrats on the steady girlfriend, LSD. Happy for you two! ^_^
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

MM Raids Again wrote:
master_of_monsters wrote: how the hell would I know if she's even a kaiju fan
Talking usually helps. Look, I'm not trying to be THAT much of an asshole here, and God knows I've been in your shoes, but going to a forum populated by a bunch of nerds isn't going to get you the answers you're looking for. The only person that can do that is you. If there's feelings between either of you, they will come out. If they don't, well, oh well. There's plenty more. Just don't start posting like that Billzilla1974 chap, dude comes across as a stereotypical bad guy on an episode of L&O:SVU.
100% this.

I mean, if you're inbetween talking to a girl or not, what the hell kind of advice did you expect to get asking a thread there it seems 90% of the users who posted talk about being too shy/incapable to talk to girls? Seriously.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:
master_of_monsters wrote: how the hell would I know if she's even a kaiju fan
Talking usually helps. Look, I'm not trying to be THAT much of an asshole here, and God knows I've been in your shoes, but going to a forum populated by a bunch of nerds isn't going to get you the answers you're looking for. The only person that can do that is you. If there's feelings between either of you, they will come out. If they don't, well, oh well. There's plenty more. Just don't start posting like that Billzilla1974 chap, dude comes across as a stereotypical bad guy on an episode of L&O:SVU.
100% this.

I mean, if you're inbetween talking to a girl or not, what the hell kind of advice did you expect to get asking a thread there it seems 90% of the users who posted talk about being too shy/incapable to talk to girls? Seriously.
probably actual advice since I never did this kind of thing before instead of getting freaked out on. Whatever though I guess I made a mistake, my apologies kind person :roll:
Last edited by master_of_monsters on Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
your source of self destruction

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

master_of_monsters wrote:probably actual advice since I never did this kind of thing before instead of getting freaked out on. Whatever though I guess I made a mistake, my apologies kind person :roll:
Just talk to the girl like she's a dude you wanna be friends with because they're super cool and have cool interests and stuff? If you're attracted to someone based solely on appearance or surface-level personality, it's kind of a doomed thing unless you just want a one night stand or FWB type deal? My advice is, approach and ask them out like you would to hang out with a friend, just make your intentions and desires clear, be confident, be respectful if rejected. Also, if you are friends, there's a good chance this will hurt her and damage the friendship, but it's better to be honest and know for sure than pussyfoot around the idea.

I'm a girl, all my friends are girls, I know how to talk to girls, what's appreciated, not appreciated, all that. So again: You are TOTALLY GOOD ASKING FOR ADVICE, seeking knowledge is part of how you learn. I'm unsure why other people here are being discouraging?? Is there something I'm missing? Is stuff like this different for straight people?
Last edited by Fish Cakes on Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

Fish Cakes wrote:
master_of_monsters wrote:probably actual advice since I never did this kind of thing before instead of getting freaked out on. Whatever though I guess I made a mistake, my apologies kind person :roll:
Just talk to the girl like she's a dude you wanna be friends with because they're super cool and have cool interests and stuff? If you're attracted to someone based solely on appearance or surface-level personality, it's kind of a doomed thing unless you just want a one night stand or FWB type deal? My advice is, approach and ask them out like you would to hang out with a friend, just make your intentions and desires clear, be confident, be respectful if rejected. Also, if you are friends, there's a good chance this will hurt her and damage the friendship, but it's better to be honest and know for sure than pussyfoot around the idea.

I'm a girl, all my friends are girls, I know how to talk to girls, what's appreciated, not appreciated, all that. So again: You are TOTALLY GOOD ASKING FOR ADVICE, seeking knowledge is part of how you learn. I'm unsure why other people here are being discouraging?? Is there something I'm missing? Is stuff like this different for straight people?
I'm straight and I don't get it either, regardless yeah I'm trying to gain her friendship. Turns out at least from what I've been able to learn from her so far, after talking with her some (I don't really get a lot of opportunities since she works in a different department from mine) and just general observations is her and I are actually pretty similar in overall personality and behavior which is kind of double edged since I'm pretty introverted and gradually developed a static facial expression and monotoned voice from years of emotional suppression. I do want to be with her though so I'll keep trying little by little.
your source of self destruction

spinzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by spinzilla »

6 years married in May. We are expecting our first child in June! I can't wait to be a dad.
He has told you, O man, what is good;
and fwhat does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness,2
and to gwalk humbly with your God?

Micah 6:8
“I will take care of me for you, if you will take care of you for me. ”
― Jim Rohn

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

spinzilla wrote:6 years married in May. We are expecting our first child in June! I can't wait to be a dad.
Congrats!

Yes, introduce kids to Godzilla and expand the fanbase. :twisted:
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Myself I'm currently single. I'm not really looking for a girlfriend right now I just want to focus on other things in life so if it happens it happens I'm not in a rush. Though I should be I'm getting into my late 30s so I should probably start thinking about settling down soon. Then again a lot of men in Hollywood wait until their mid to late 40s to start having children. :lol:
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

spinzilla wrote:6 years married in May. We are expecting our first child in June! I can't wait to be a dad.
That's wonderful.

Will you share Godzilla with your kid?
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Anyone have that comic of the dad literally forcing his hobbies and franchises onto his baby?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Fish Cakes wrote:Anyone have that comic of the dad literally forcing his hobbies and franchises onto his baby?
I will!

My dad was too, but it was different. Wasn't like it would be forced, but he'd watch stuff and invite me to watch it with him. The big difference though is my dad also watched what I wanted to watch with me, and made the road go both ways.

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

MM Raids Again wrote:
So venting about my frustrations for once instead of keeping it bottled up inside somehow makes me no better than a rapist & or a law & order villain of the week?

That is a huge stretch from what I initially posted.
In my original post I stated why I was frustrated, that I know about & respect personal boundaries, and lamented my lack of success in dating.
Not once in my post did I refer to women as objects or purposefully encourage any violent or sexist actions against women.
I even acknowledged that no one owes me a date simply for existing, I was just trying to let off some steam after a few recent bad experiences.

Perhaps the way I worded it came off as overdramatic & overly specific, but a Law & Order: SVU villain? Really?
Never forget the Showa Era, R.I.P, Haruo Nakajima 8/7/2017. :g64:
Extra THICC!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Billzilla1974 wrote: So venting about my frustrations for once instead of keeping it bottled up inside somehow makes me no better than a rapist & or a law & order villain of the week?
Ever watch an episode? Ever listen to why most of them did the things they did? Some scary similarities there, my dude. If you can't find a relationship (in which I don't even know how old you are - you might not find a solid one for years to come), maybe you should just try getting laid.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

MM Raids Again wrote:maybe you should just try getting laid.
Says the cuckold.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Fish Cakes wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:maybe you should just try getting laid.
Says the cuckold.
Says the futa.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

MM Raids Again wrote:
Billzilla1974 wrote: So venting about my frustrations for once instead of keeping it bottled up inside somehow makes me no better than a rapist & or a law & order villain of the week?
Ever watch an episode? Ever listen to why most of them did the things they did? Some scary similarities there, my dude. If you can't find a relationship (in which I don't even know how old you are - you might not find a solid one for years to come), maybe you should just try getting laid.
By your logic I can start calling you Joseph McCarthy, because I've never said anything that would warrant that assumption.
Pulling your morals from & making assumptions about people based on some TV show isn't a great idea.

I'm a 21 year old guy who is inexperienced & I need to work out my social skills. I said that I sometimes get annoyed by the double standards in dating, I don't hate women, just the double standards I've witnessed. I never blamed 'all women' for every misdead done to me, I just stated a few things that got on my nerves. It's not a bad thing to want a woman to put in an equal amount of effort in interacting/flirting as I would.

A potential rapist would perpetually blame women and refuse to accept that they are sometimes at fault & must change, I said in another post that I am willing to change and learn how to properly flirt and interact in a normal & respectful way.

Just because I wanted to vent doesn't mean I'm some kind of sexual assaulter nor do intend on becoming one.
Never forget the Showa Era, R.I.P, Haruo Nakajima 8/7/2017. :g64:
Extra THICC!

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

This is fun
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Billzilla1974 wrote:By your logic I can start calling you Joseph McCarthy, because I've never said anything that would warrant that assumption.
Pulling your morals from & making assumptions about people based on some TV show isn't a great idea.
I'm not pulling my morals from anything here, but judging by your reaction, you seem to have a pretty sizeable victim mindset. Just looking at your original posts detailing how it's the womens' faults for not taking interest in you despite everything you tried is further evidence of this. Again, I personally don't care about your personal life, but you're looking for answers in the wrong place. That, or you're looking for people to sympathize with your victim mindset, in which I just have no interest in doing.

So, again, I recommend you just try going out and getting laid.
I need to work out my social skills.

equal amount of effort in interacting/flirting as I would.
You can't expect a woman to put in equal effort in interacting and flirting if you're not good at it. And this isn't a good place to get advice for that. Again, as I said to that other guy, I've been in your shoes. If there's anything I'm saying here that you believe, this is it. Crying and begging for advice on a nerd-filled forum dedicated to a Japanese giant monster isn't going to get you anywhere. The only person that can help you is you. And maybe a wing man if you have any friends that can take you to a bar and "train" you. None of us here can do that.
I said in another post that I am willing to change and learn how to properly flirt and interact in a normal & respectful way.
This isn't the place you'll be able to do that, I'm afraid. As I said in a previous post, I'm not trying to be THAT much of an asshole. But the one lesson I've learned when I was in your shoes is that a solid dose of truth is the best answer. You are the only one that can change things. If you're socially awkward to girls, its because you're not trying to be yourself but instead the person you think they want you to be. Looks really have little to do with it. Its confidence. By the time I was 24, I weighed 240-some and I was still able to get laid pretty easily. Now I'm 31 and borderline settled down with a wonderful girlfriend and acting as a step daddy for her kids.

Try http://www.pof.com. It's a dating/hook up website. Doesn't cost anything and you can hone your "skills" at talking to girls on there. Some will even listen to your venting. It's what I used to use years ago when I didn't like going out and meeting girls in person. You'll find girls that just want sex to ones that are looking for more.

Quote of the Year: