What's your relationship status? (Relationship support thread)

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

What's your relationship status? (Relationship support thread)

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

What's your relationship status? And how did you meet?

And for all you single people. Do you need advice? Have any memories good or bad you want to share?

Anyone just want to vent?

I've been dating this girl I met on Facebook for a month now. Feels really nice to feel sparks with someone again. I was involved in an abusive relationship before and it took a few years to put myself out there again.
Last edited by Destoroyah of Worlds on Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: What's your relationship status?

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Single.

I've concluded I'm just not cut out to having a relationship or get married. Bachelor life baby you're more free to do whatever you want. My dogs are more then enough to keep me happy.

Plus there's none of that risk of breaking up or getting a divorce.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Currently dating this girl for the past two months, not sure if we are in a relationship or not due to cultural barriers (I think we are).

Thing here are much different compared to NYC when everyone was super thotty (myself included).
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Single, not necessarily looking for the time being. More focused on just life in general.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Single, and probably staying single. Not because i suck at getting girls i just..don't really want a girlfriend. Rather just have my female friends just stick that way.
Last edited by Gigantis on Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Single... Condemned to be single.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Perpetually single. I'm not a social person. I don't have any friends, I don't go out, I don't do parties. I don't really do anything. Besides girlfriends cost money and I'd much rather spend it on Godzilla vinyls. Being stuck living at home with my dad doesn't help matters much. I also work 3rd shift which only complicates matters further. I work a lot of Saturdays too. I just don't have a lot of free time to go out and do things, when I do have free time I'm usually too tired and just wanna relax or sleep. Finding a girlfriend just takes too much time and energy that I simply don't have. If it happens, it happens but I'm not going out of my way to find one either.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Married for 6 1/2 years. We met online 9 1/2 years ago.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

In a happy relationship. Actually the happiest I've been in, complete with possible step daddy role in the future.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Perpetually single. I'm not a social person. I don't have any friends, I don't go out, I don't do parties. I don't really do anything. Besides girlfriends cost money and I'd much rather spend it on Godzilla vinyls. Being stuck living at home with my dad doesn't help matters much. I also work 3rd shift which only complicates matters further. I work a lot of Saturdays too. I just don't have a lot of free time to go out and do things, when I do have free time I'm usually too tired and just wanna relax or sleep. Finding a girlfriend just takes too much time and energy that I simply don't have. If it happens, it happens but I'm not going out of my way to find one either.
...are you me? Because change the word 'dad' to 'mom' and add in a sentence involving the phrase 'awkward as all hell' and this is identical to my situation. :lol:
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Single, like most of the turbo-virgins here. Looking for a long-term monogamous partner, which is hard to find, especially in the LGBTQ+ Community apparently. Regardless, I'm active on a couple dating apps where I get a good amount of matches but nothing that may be meaningful that's local. Apparently I'm hot, so with that comes most my incoming Likes being based on my physical appearance, not my profile or whatever, which is what I usually Like people based on. I've been ghosted after hours of talking to people for mentioning I'm not into hook-ups or casual sex despite it clearly being stated in all my profiles. :(

My last (and only) relationship was for 3 months, I was just a rebound for them, and once that honeymoon phase ended, they dumped me. I learned my lesson about opening up too much too soon. Be careful.

Tons of close friends though. Still sucks being single, I like being able to do couple shit.with someone. I want to be someone's girlfriend so bad, it kills me.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Single with no current desire to mingle.
He Jock it Made of Steel

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

single but have a crush on a girl at work so I'm trying my hand at getting to know her. Hopefully my looks don't scare her away or if she's with someone I can still be a friend
Last edited by master_of_monsters on Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
your source of self destruction

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

In a relationship for 10.5 months, and absolutely loving it. She was not a "nerd" in the traditional sense when we started dating, but I have successfully piqued her interest in the MCU, introduced her to Godzilla, and am currently getting her caught up on Star Wars in time for episode IX.
Also we met on a study abroad trip to South Africa, so we have our fair share of fun stories.
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Second marriage. Been married two years, together for three. Met on some dating app, I forget which. Love her, but it's been a rough road, esp cuz she is bipolar, and the meds don't keep it completely under control. Future is uncertain...

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

MandaSaurus wrote:Second marriage. Been married two years, together for three. Met on some dating app, I forget which. Love her, but it's been a rough road, esp cuz she is bipolar, and the meds don't keep it completely under control. Future is uncertain...
as someone with bipolar running in the family gene pool (I don't have it myself but my late father did and older sister does) all I can advise is, hope for the best but be prepared for the worst. You love her though so you're on the right path
your source of self destruction

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

Very single and not sure how I feel about it. I tend to transition from being totally asexual and independent to desperate for love and affection overnight. But after my shitty experiences with the last two people I had feelings for, I'm convinced being single for a couple years might be good for me.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote:Very single and not sure how I feel about it. I tend to transition from being totally asexual and independent to desperate for love and affection overnight. But after my shitty experiences with the last two people I had feelings for, I'm convinced being single for a couple years might be good for me.
Don't give up! I believe in you!

I'm also incredibly desperate for affection and stuff, my standards are so low, but even then, I can't find anyone interested for the right reasons. So many poly and hook-up are into me (and they're so cute, it destroys me) and I'm just not for that. :c

IDK why no one around here wants monogamous long-term stuff anymore. It's either polyamorous, demiromantic, or hook-ups. My best friend had to do long distance with her boyfriend at first just because of how incompatible the people around here were.

Is it like this where you guys are? Is it different for straight people?
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

Fish Cakes wrote:
HedorahIsBestGirl wrote:Very single and not sure how I feel about it. I tend to transition from being totally asexual and independent to desperate for love and affection overnight. But after my shitty experiences with the last two people I had feelings for, I'm convinced being single for a couple years might be good for me.
Don't give up! I believe in you!

I'm also incredibly desperate for affection and stuff, my standards are so low, but even then, I can't find anyone interested for the right reasons. So many poly and hook-up are into me (and they're so cute, it destroys me) and I'm just not for that. :c

IDK why no one around here wants monogamous long-term stuff anymore. It's either polyamorous, demiromantic, or hook-ups. My best friend had to do long distance with her boyfriend at first just because of how incompatible the people around here were.

Is it like this where you guys are? Is it different for straight people?
It's really hard to find someone who's monogamous for sure. People tend to be dating multiple people at a time. I remember having three really good dates, and the girl was bragging about other dates on her snapchat story. That felt like a huge blow to the gut. But don't keep trying. Hope you're both able to find someone who makes you feel happy.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!