What blew your mind today?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Re: What blew your mind today?

Post by Jermobooka »

The entirety of the recent Nintendo Direct. No, really, I am beyond hyped for so many games. Metroid Dread, Shin Megami Tensei 5, and Breath Of The Wild 2 all look nothing short of fantastic.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

The mouth of the leatherback turtle may have a competitor for most horrifying animal mouth; camels.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Jermobooka wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:42 pm The entirety of the recent Nintendo Direct. No, really, I am beyond hyped for so many games. Metroid Dread, Shin Megami Tensei 5, and Breath Of The Wild 2 all look nothing short of fantastic.
Breath of the Wild 2 is gonna be amazing. I can't wait for it.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Seeing Chris Chan in cuffs being hauled off to a squad car
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:56 pm Seeing Chris Chan in cuffs being hauled off to a squad car
This does not even deserve a captain's log introduction because this is dead serious!
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

David Dastmalchian exists in 5 SEPERATE DC universes.

RIP Evan.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:48 am
They’re getting smarter by the second

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Some here are probably aware of the insanely cool Godzilla Game from Ideal, the first American Godzilla collectible of any kind (released in 1963). I first saw it in Don Glut's video documentary "Dinosaur Movies" some time in the early '90s and it's been a holy grail ever since.

However, I just learned last night that Ideal also produced a King Kong Game at the same time. It trips me out that in all the years I've been looking at the Godzilla Game, I never knew there was a related Kong game.

Resized Image

The Godzilla Game is still so much cooler though.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

The existence of the fucking blade missile the US military apparently has.

The missile used by the U.S. in the airstrike, called an R9X, is inert. Instead of exploding, the weapon ejects a halo of six large blades stowed inside the skin of the missile, which deploy at the last minute to shred the target of the strike, allowing military commanders to pinpoint their target and reduce the possibility for civilian casualties.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Terasawa wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:44 am Some here are probably aware of the insanely cool Godzilla Game from Ideal, the first American Godzilla collectible of any kind (released in 1963). I first saw it in Don Glut's video documentary "Dinosaur Movies" some time in the early '90s and it's been a holy grail ever since.
That's frickin cool. Also interesting how suit accurate he is on the box, not something I would expect from such an old collectible.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

MagmaMusen is 10 years old. I think I've been subbed to them since 2015 but either way, it's absolutely mind-blowing for me.

Yes, I know that bobody here cares (or even knows about Magma for that matter).
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

It's been exactly three years since Bowsette was made.

It feels like 100.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Finally saw a grizzly today at a sanctuary. He was from Alaska and already weighs 600 lbs at only two years old. A very majestic yet playful animal, so cool.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

shadowgigan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:19 pm I'm learning about income taxes. Basically everything blew my mind.
Hopefully you're not learning about them after not paying them for a few years!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:24 pm
shadowgigan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:19 pm I'm learning about income taxes. Basically everything blew my mind.
Hopefully you're not learning about them after not paying them for a few years!
Hahaha thankfully that is not the case. Just school work.

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Apparently Utsuno Ikusagami is shorter than the original King Kong.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

My apologies, this is going to ramble on a bit, but I was just thinking last night about the passage of time and our own concepts of it. Now I'm not exactly young (45), and while time is a constant, I do believe the perception of it speeding up as you get older is real, I am feeling it. For some reason, a pivotal time I keep going back to is when I graduated Highschool (1994), not that I really cared at the time, but for most people, that is when you are considered an "adult", at least in *American Contemporary* culture. I often think *that was just a few years ago*, but nope it was 27. Heck my marriage is going on 20 years, and my own daughter will be graduating in 2023! THAT is scary!

I think about films like Back to the Future. My parents grew up in the 50's, so they could relate, but it felt like ancient history to me, yet we are farther from the 80's now (a pivotal decade for me), then we were from the 50's when Back to the Future first came out :shock: . Then there are videos like this: (last man alive to witness Abraham Lincoln's assassination, filmed in 1956)

https://youtu.be/1RPoymt3Jx4

Was Born in 1860. Was 5 years old when at the theater, and witnessed the event. Was 96 in 1956, and went on National TV to tell his story. Died 2 months later.

It is a shame that so much early TV is lost to time. I mean I know there is no end to literature written centuries, if not millennia ago, but seeing the person for yourself, moving and talking is far more impactful. I'll have to do some research but, I wonder if it is possible that someone born in the very late 1790's could actually have been filmed in the very early days of filming, or at least some audio on phonograph or some other early recording device?

*edit*/Update

While this film is silent, and cannot be verified. It is claimed to have been filmed in 1905 by a Greek family (Manaki), filming their Grandmother at *114* years of age, making her born in 1791 if true.

https://youtu.be/vCxkADaZHd4
Last edited by o.supreme on Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Oh, your perception of time absolutely speeds up as you get older. I'm 32, and years are starting to feel like seasons to me. Everything just blows right by. I still think of myself as being young, practically a kid, but I'm not far from being old enough to have grandkids. :lol: :cry:
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio