What made your day? KAI

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: What made your day? KAI

Post by BlankAccount »

Uncle Spacegodzilla, if he was a good uncle and not a creep.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Tremors in 4K!
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Getting around to re-watching Tarzan again.

Over 20 years and it holds up as always as the timeless classic it is especially the animation.

Disney just doesn't make them what they used to be anymore. Don't get me wrong ones like Zootopia and Moana were good but they don't just don't compare, not even close.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Getting around to re-watching Tarzan again.

Over 20 years and it holds up as always as the timeless classic it is especially the animation.
Tarzan? Timeless? I honestly thought it was pretty boring when i watched it. I can't remember the name of anyone in that movie besides Tarzan, Jane, Clayton and Sabor. The latter i'm pretty sure i spelt the name wrong.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Gigantis wrote:Tarzan? Timeless? I honestly thought it was pretty boring when i watched it. I can't remember the name of anyone in that movie besides Tarzan, Jane, Clayton and Sabor. The latter i'm pretty sure i spelt the name wrong.
In my opinion, it was, it's fine if you or anyone else didn't think the same though, we agree to disagree. You have to admit however at least admit the animation still holds up to this day.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: You have to admit however at least admit the animation still holds up to this day.
Yeah the animation is stellar. I was more talking about plots and characters. With stuff like that i can completely understand why people clamer for 2d films to come back to theatres, but then again... making 2d films cost a ton now and not even Disney has that money. Eh, good story matters more anyway. :shrug:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Tremors in 4K!
Nice.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Got me teary-eyed by the end, in a good way.

"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Learning Ray Tracing can be used to give more accurate, realistic sound in video games, not just lighting, shadows and reflections. I mean it makes sense, light and sound are different but they are similar. I feel stupid for not thinking about it before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXUTgEmnD6U
Last edited by BlankAccount on Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

I'm just on a nostalgia kick lately. On top of having decided to get around to re-watching some Disney classics, I decided on also watching my favorite childhood show again The Angry Beavers which I own the complete series of.

Watched the first 3 episodes and was watching the fourth but kept skipping a part on me, unfortunately. See if it doesn't happen again tomorrow.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Went to my local collectible shop and by chance noticed something tucked behind the counter: War of the Gargantuas on Laserdisc! They had two Japanese ones and the American one plus Frankenstein vs Baragon. I grabbed the American one yesterday but couldn't get Frank out of my head. I called today, and someone bought the rest... Except Frank! I now own the WotG dub and Frankenstein vs Baragon on Laserdisc!

(Why I'm so excited I don't know but I can't stop telling people lol)
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Cool, dude, 'grats! Toho released the U.S. version of WotG on Laser in Japan in the '90s so chances are one of those Japanese discs was another copy of the U.S. version. (Whoops, nevermind. Toho released that version twice on Japanese VHS and later on R2 DVD. And a 1992 Toho LD had a comparison of the U.S. & Japanese versions, but not the entire U.S. feature.)

http://www.ld-dvd-bluray.2-d.jp/smp/hikaku_sangai.html
Last edited by Terasawa on Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

Next episode of SAO Abridged dropped Friday and I just found it. Man I hope they can finish the season, I love this parody.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Terasawa wrote:~snip~
Your bottomless knowledge of home video releases never ceases to amaze lmao
Going from the site you linked there were only the two Toho laserdisc releases and the Paramount one, so it's pretty crazy this shop came by the three Laserdisc releases WotG had.
I still can't believe someone would grab those and not Frankenstein lmao
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Ever see radiation push alcohol vapors away?

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

Thiss... does put a smile on my face.
Current Quatheral Population: 600!
Current Quatheral's Perfected: 283!
The Quatheral Wiki!: https://quatheral.fandom.com/wiki/Quatheral_Wiki
The Quatheral Voices!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRtkOo-Lhs

PM me if you wanna join my Discord to see the updates about Quatheral!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Finished Translating monster king Godzilla. Like all two volumes.

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 7#p1765587
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

2 years ago a fan made a model of agent SSS9 from Godzilla vs Biollante in his final moments on top of the TC system and showed it off to his actor, Manjot Bedi AKA Brien Uhl.

https://twitter.com/sagaehiroshi/status ... 05184?s=20

Last edited by BlankAccount on Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Last edited by ROMG4 on Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I finished my first major paper for my masters degree. Feels good. I've been really busy for the past few weeks so it will be nice starting some new manga.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.