What made your day? KAI

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What made your day? KAI

Post by eabaker »

Godzilla21 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:41 am
eabaker wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:56 am
Godzilla21 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:57 pm Pulled the trigger and signed the contract to install solar on my house. Been considering it for years and with Edison raising rates again its time. My electric bill should drop to between $1-$5 a month and I'll be getting a 26% federal tax credit next year. I'll take it! Excited about this
Also, you know... it was the right thing to do for the future of the planet, and would be even if it cost you more money.
Yes I'm glad to be doing my part for the planet but if going solar cost me MORE than what I'm already paying I wouldn't be able to do it. Last August our electric bill was $520. And Edison had been raising rates so its only going higher. I'm working from home, my wife is still unemployed, and I got two kids running around. So everyone being home isn't cheap! I'm down with going green but it's really a secondary consideration when you got mouths to feed ;)
Oh, yeah, sorry, I certainly didn't mean, "You should do it no matter the cost, you heartless vampire!"
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

eabaker wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:16 am
eabaker wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:56 am

Also, you know... it was the right thing to do for the future of the planet, and would be even if it cost you more money.
Yes I'm glad to be doing my part for the planet but if going solar cost me MORE than what I'm already paying I wouldn't be able to do it. Last August our electric bill was $520. And Edison had been raising rates so its only going higher. I'm working from home, my wife is still unemployed, and I got two kids running around. So everyone being home isn't cheap! I'm down with going green but it's really a secondary consideration when you got mouths to feed ;)
Oh, yeah, sorry, I certainly didn't mean, "You should do it no matter the cost, you heartless vampire!"
Oh ok. The way you said "even if it costs you more" came off to me as "you need to go green no matter how much the cost! Screw the kids college fund!" lol. Speaking of going green I also bought a larger system with a larger offset in anticipation of my next car being an electric vehicle so we will need to draw more power. I figured you'd appreciate that :)
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Godzilla21 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:43 am
eabaker wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:16 am

Oh ok. The way you said "even if it costs you more" came off to me as "you need to go green no matter how much the cost! Screw the kids college fund!" lol. Speaking of going green I also bought a larger system with a larger offset in anticipation of my next car being an electric vehicle so we will need to draw more power. I figured you'd appreciate that :)
Somehow I never would have pictured you in an electric car!
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:09 am It's going well. My first day going back was a little confusing because it's been so long, but I got the hang of it now, for the most part. I did have a guy accidentally splash me and a few costumers with coke near the end of my shift, so there's that.

It's been really busy, saw a lot of my fellow co-workers that I haven't seen in a long time, made the company a lot of money. It's good to be back. I'll probably have enough money to finally buy a Sega Saturn, Godzilla vs. Kong 4K and pre-order the Daimajin Trilogy hopefully by the end of next week.
Excellent, that's good it went well! I remember how weird it was going back to my job last summer, I felt so out of place. So many new faces too, I might as well have been starting over. But now I'm a supervisor, so it goes to show people will appreciate solid hard work even if you've been out of the loop for some time.

Let us know if you get that Sega Saturn!
gottatalktothefake wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:54 am Just a few recent good things:

I like my new job and it’s a HUGE improvement over my last job in a lot of ways, including pay, which bumped up to 14/hr

Going to see the Sue the T. rex traveling exhibit for the weekend after my birthday. First time I’ve traveled at all since February, even if it’s just for a day I’m excited.
I went to Chicago and visited Sue back in 2011, I believe. I don't know if she's still the biggest T-Rex we've discovered, but it was certainly awe-inspiring being in her presence.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

My family now has two kittens. They were given to us by my grandmother on my mom's side. She knew how devastated my mom was after our dog and cat died some time ago. So, she gave us the kittens and we named them Romeo and Juliet.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I'M BAAAAAAACK.

BIGGER, BADDER, AND EVEN MORE UNAPOLOGETIC.

UWU

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Random acts of impatience-driven kindness. The self-checkouts at work are super slow tonight, and I guess the guy behind me in line didn't feel like waiting for me to pay. He jumped ahead of me in line and then paid for my lunch!
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

I’m going to see Sue at the traveling exhibit tomorrow. Also we’re going to the American museum of natural history Sunday! Which was a huge shock to me
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Heading to Atlantic City with a couple family members. Mostly looking forward to hanging out on the boardwalk and not this... weird vegan fest, buy i'm sure it'll be fun!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

8 pages into the Once Upon a Time... In Hollywood novelization and there's Latitude Zero reference!
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:54 pm 8 pages into the Once Upon a Time... In Hollywood novelization and there's Latitude Zero reference!
Reading?

You damn geek. And here I thought you were cool.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

goji89 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:22 pm
Reading?

You damn geek. And here I thought you were cool.
Sometimes I loiter and jaywalk to counterbalance the nerd factor of reading books without pictures.
Tomorrow I'll have to try and do both at once.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Just got accepted into another private screening event. No idea what for, but apparently Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson are in the film. Plus $100 for each of us.

Target audience are held in two separate showings, ages 18-39 for Room A and 40-64 for Room B.

Added in 23 minutes 51 seconds:
Oh also, I had to do a "tech-check" to confirm my position in the showing. The tech guy I spoke too was also a huge Godzilla fan, he looked and sounded pleasantly surprised when I told him I loved Godzilla vs Kong. He was surprised I knew how many films were in the franchise and what not.

I wonder why they specified 18-64 years of age, it has to be a big release?
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

This happened yesterday.

After a long day at work, I headed back to my locker room to change back into my clothes. While I was there, I came across a guy wearing the same Godzilla shirt that my mom bought me on Father's Day, and we had a little chat about Godzilla, half of it was about Godzilla: Singular Point. He didn't like the show that much and actually prefers the Godzilla Earth Trilogy over Singular Point.

The fact that I came across another Godzilla fan at my work really made me happy.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

https://movieweb.com/amp/joaquin-phoeni ... et-photos/

A new Ari Aster film starring Joaquin Phoenix!!
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

I will hopefully start my new job next week after a year of unemployment. My last job was very stressful my last year there which caused to have lots of anxiety and suicidal thoughts which I attempted in November of 2019 which quite sad since my first 2 years were great.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

DynomikeGojira wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:30 am I will hopefully start my new job next week after a year of unemployment. My last job was very stressful my last year there which caused to have lots of anxiety and suicidal thoughts which I attempted in November of 2019 which quite sad since my first 2 years were great.
Damn, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope your new job will be good!

"That makes two of us."

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:58 am
DynomikeGojira wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:30 am I will hopefully start my new job next week after a year of unemployment. My last job was very stressful my last year there which caused to have lots of anxiety and suicidal thoughts which I attempted in November of 2019 which quite sad since my first 2 years were great.
Damn, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope your new job will be good!
Thanks me and my girlfriend really love the area so I decided to look for a job there especially with her starting school again. We shop there all the time and the people are very pleasant.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I finally own a Sega Saturn, and I'm so goddamn proud of it.

That's another console to check off the list.

Also, Megadimension Neptunia VII arrived at my house yesterday and Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance arrived today. I've been wanting to own both of these games ever since their release.

Last but not least, my sister made a surprise visit today. I was not expecting to see her in the living room as I walked in the house after a day of work.

"That makes two of us."

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:45 pm I finally own a Sega Saturn, and I'm so goddamn proud of it.

That's another console to check off the list.
Holy crap..... for a quick second there I thought we were back in the 90's.