What made your day? KAI

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Re: What made your day? KAI

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Had a really good weekend, got to recharge my batteries and spend time with my girlfriend. Got a great start getting everything together for my final film project.
Today I got a good start watching Ultraman Mebius and the Ultra Brothers, with a nice fresh cup of coffee.
Also realized the first day of G-fest coincides with a payday which serves to relieve some stress.
So today might be stressful but the future holds many exciting things.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Got gifted a premium tank in War Thunder by our very good pal SpaceG92! Thanks buddy!
For Emperor and Empire!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Saw a rough-skinned newt cross our trail on a hike in the mountains with my dad.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ On a similar note, I heard a bobwhite quail calling for the first time yesterday, in the woods across the street from my house. My mom apparently hears them all the time, but never me. *shrug*
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

I found a bat crawling in my room yesterday while I went outside to get my Biollante. Very strange day. IDK that it MADE MY DAY, but I suppose its in line with the theme in these last few comments.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Finding this old gem.

https://youtu.be/ehYdO7ywaeA
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Maverick Centigrade wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:30 pm Finding this old gem.

https://youtu.be/ehYdO7ywaeA
That was posted on my birthday!
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

A short film I directed, "Hell Is Other Witches," has been selected for the next Oregon Screams Horror Film Festival! And it has been named part of the top 30% of the projects selected!

This is the third festival that HIOW has gotten into, and it's the second project I've directed that has gotten into Oregon Screams (they screened my project "Unkempt" earlier this year).
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Seeing James A Janisse's new set for kill counts, and of course him coming back to host, was weirdly inspiring to me. Having just gone through renovating my collection room and making it my own, I felt I could relate in a way and it was just a fun thing to see.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Watched Jurassic World Dominion with my friends.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Completely forgot I worked on Memorial Day, which adds even more to my next paycheck in which I clocked out at with over 22 hours of OT, spread out over two weeks, due to stepping up a lil bit because managers on vacation and helping out the leads trying to fill the voids. Next check is going to be HUGE. Normally I average about 5-10 hours of OT per check nowdays, but I've been wanting to replace various things around my apartment, so I'm chugging as much of it as I can for now to get new furniture and such.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Shot a friend's sci-fi pilot as head of grip and electric this past weekend, and had a really hard time at first since I was initially by myself. I was feeling really hard on myself, but by the end we pulled it off and it came out great.
I'm realizing that the dream of making movies that seemed so far from the reality my whole life is coming closer into view.
I also got a real acting opportunity that is gonna pay (!) if I can get it!
I've made some great friends with similar goals and it's so fulfilling watching us all move forward on this path.
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:36 am Shot a friend's sci-fi pilot as head of grip and electric this past weekend, and had a really hard time at first since I was initially by myself. I was feeling really hard on myself, but by the end we pulled it off and it came out great.
I'm realizing that the dream of making movies that seemed so far from the reality my whole life is coming closer into view.
I've made some great friends with similar goals and it's so fulfilling watching us all move forward on this path.
That's fantastic! I'm glad you were able to get it done, and while it can definitely be tough pulling things together without a full team to support you, that also means that everbody there saw you as the guy who showed up and worked his ass off to make things happen, despite the odds. That goes a long way towards making you someone people will want to work with in the future.

Good luck with the acting gig!

And please share some of the projects you're working on whenever possible! I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd love to see them!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:36 am Shot a friend's sci-fi pilot as head of grip and electric this past weekend, and had a really hard time at first since I was initially by myself. I was feeling really hard on myself, but by the end we pulled it off and it came out great.
Nice nice man! It's my passion to get into film as well, so I admire that you're getting to do it. Keep it up!
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Speaking of filmmaking, yesterday was the rehearsal day for the next short I'm directing (we shoot on the 25th/26th). I think rehearsal - when there's the time to do it properly - may actually be my favorite part of the process. Taking the dryness of words on a page, and seeing actors breathe life into them, watching the shape of a scene develop around the performances, seeing the way the characters take on dimension through their reactions to one another. It's so collaborative, so creative, and free of the pressures and technical concerns associated with the actual production. It was a marvelous day!

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

The DALL E mini AI generator. Someone typed in Ninja Turtles Godzilla toys and one of the images ended up making a 2014/1998 Godzilla toy mixture. And it honestly looks awesome. I would totally buy it.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

eabaker wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:23 am Speaking of filmmaking, yesterday was the rehearsal day for the next short I'm directing (we shoot on the 25th/26th). I think rehearsal - when there's the time to do it properly - may actually be my favorite part of the process. Taking the dryness of words on a page, and seeing actors breathe life into them, watching the shape of a scene develop around the performances, seeing the way the characters take on dimension through their reactions to one another. It's so collaborative, so creative, and free of the pressures and technical concerns associated with the actual production. It was a marvelous day!
Is this dealing with 5 Faces of Hell and, if so, what's the scoop on it?

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

mikelcho wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:19 pm
eabaker wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:23 am Speaking of filmmaking, yesterday was the rehearsal day for the next short I'm directing (we shoot on the 25th/26th). I think rehearsal - when there's the time to do it properly - may actually be my favorite part of the process. Taking the dryness of words on a page, and seeing actors breathe life into them, watching the shape of a scene develop around the performances, seeing the way the characters take on dimension through their reactions to one another. It's so collaborative, so creative, and free of the pressures and technical concerns associated with the actual production. It was a marvelous day!
Is this dealing with 5 Faces of Hell and, if so, what's the scoop on it?
This is not for 5 Faces.

BUT I can offer a slight 5 Faces update, which is that we've started to get VFX footage back for the "Rappaccini's Formula" segment, and we have just given what should be our final round of notes on that, so that segment will be locked and ready for festival submissions very soon.

Also, we were anticipating a lot of VFX work on the "Don't Demonize Daniel!" segment which actually turns out to have been unnecessary, so that segment is much closer to finished than we thought!

As for the one we were rehearsing (and are doing location prep for today and tomorrow and shooting next weekend), that is another horror project, called "Nourishment." It's about a college student who comes home for break to visit her pregnant mother and creepy stepfather, and discovers... well, if I say much more I'll start giving away the big reveals. ;-)
Last edited by eabaker on Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Met this dude online. We started our time together insulting each other. He called me a Libtard, I claimed he worshipped the SS, all the usual. Say about 3 hours later we're great friends!

(For the record, he does not in fact worship the SS)
For Emperor and Empire!

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Using Dall E Mini to make Godzilla toys. I input "Trendmasters Godzilla 2014 toy" and got some neat results. Some of the images are quite convincing looking toys.