What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:25 pm What gets me on my nerves is when someone used “Objectively” as some form of argue and use it as a bad way, like when group of friends is talking about how good or bad a movie is, then someone put the word “objectively” in the argument then begins shoving down that word into the group saying things like, “if you like this movie you’re a moron and you don’t what good movie is”

sorry if I didn’t word it correctly
Most usages of objectively are indeed subjective, and saying a subjective statement is normal! It's irksome how many people in the current era are bound by portraying fabricated "logic" and "reason" in order to validate their opinion.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:00 pm
Thatguy4683 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:25 pm What gets me on my nerves is when someone used “Objectively” as some form of argue and use it as a bad way, like when group of friends is talking about how good or bad a movie is, then someone put the word “objectively” in the argument then begins shoving down that word into the group saying things like, “if you like this movie you’re a moron and you don’t what good movie is”

sorry if I didn’t word it correctly
Most usages of objectively are indeed subjective, and saying a subjective statement is normal! It's irksome how many people in the current era are bound by portraying fabricated "logic" and "reason" in order to validate their opinion.
Exactly

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

My Youtube adblocker stopped working and now, I need to get a new one. Again.

Added in 13 minutes 2 seconds:
And the new one I'm using doesn't even work.

Added in 8 minutes 50 seconds:
Put the old one back. Hopefully, it starts working again/

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:08 pm My Youtube adblocker stopped working and now, I need to get a new one. Again.

Ublock Origin.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Kaiju-King42 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:19 pm
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:08 pm My Youtube adblocker stopped working and now, I need to get a new one. Again.

Ublock Origin.
I already have a good one now but next time I encounter this problem again, I'll take this advice.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

The websites/programs that our school gives us work on. They’re so user-unfriendly and very hard to work with.
For Emperor and Empire!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Voyager wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:11 am The websites/programs that our school gives us work on. They’re so user-unfriendly and very hard to work with.
We use something similar at the school I work at. I understand it’s frustrating, and it’s annoying on our end too, but it’s mainly done because it’s more “secure”. Not as much as people would like to think, but hey.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

Some specific sounds make me seriously angry.

Mouth noises (chewing and kissing sounds especially) fill me with an incredible amount of absolute fury when I hear them. I fantasize about the death of every person I can hear chew. Many times I've walked away from tables because I couldn't stand it. Breathing noises also bother me. I can't sleep near anyone else or I'll hear their breathing (or worse, their snoring) and get annoyed by it. I'm not even sure why I react so strongly to those noises. I wish I could be selectively deaf at times so I could be totes zen.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

It's getting close to being worth the price of a lot of Blu-rays just to take that money away from HBO Max. I'm trying to watch No Country For Old Men, I get about two thirds of the way in, the movie abruptly stops to buffer. Damn thing is still buffering, about ten minutes later. I don't have this problem with Netflix, HBO Max. I don't have it with Disney Plus or Hulu, either. Or Funimation. Or CuriosityStream. Or Amazon Video. Crunchyroll, sometimes, yes, but fuck Crunchyroll. And I'm not paying $15 a month for any of those.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

All the skreeonking Batman vs. Superman and Godzilla vs. Kong memes of Save Martha/Mothra.

It was funny when it all started but now it's really gotten old, hell even after the movie has come out, folks are still comparing and making jokes about it despite the fact the reason for Godzilla and Kong teaming up was much different than why Batman and Superman did.

Even then why the comparisons to begin with? You don't see people doing that with Freddy and Jason or Alien and Predator. What because they're heroic? Lame reason and excuse. Hell you didn't see them doing that with Cap and Tony in Civil War. So what? From then on for every vs. movie involving around heroes these folks are gonna keep doing that joke?

The fact too I don't want Godzilla vs. Kong being compared to the trash that was Batman vs. Superman.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:39 am All the skreeonking Batman vs. Superman and Godzilla vs. Kong memes of Save Martha/Mothra.

It was funny when it all started but now it's really gotten old, hell even after the movie has come out, folks are still comparing and making jokes about it despite the fact the reason for Godzilla and Kong teaming up was much different than why Batman and Superman did.

Even then why the comparisons to begin with? You don't see people doing that with Freddy and Jason or Alien and Predator. What because they're heroic? Lame reason and excuse. Hell you didn't see them doing that with Cap and Tony in Civil War. So what? From then on for every vs. movie involving around heroes these folks are gonna keep doing that joke?
Yeah I agree the Martha meme horse has been beat into literal primordial paste, any possible joke that could be done with it has been done with it. Its the same punch line every bloody time for 5 years now yet Reddit just won't let it die. However I was totally with you, until
The fact too I don't want Godzilla vs. Kong being compared to the trash that was Batman vs. Superman.
Last edited by ROMG4 on Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

When people compare separation of immigrant families to the fucking holocaust.
For Emperor and Empire!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

ROMG4 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:49 amHowever I was totally with you, until
Nope I ain't taking it back. Fight me bro.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:13 am
ROMG4 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:49 amHowever I was totally with you, until
Nope I ain't taking it back. Fight me bro.

Watch the Ultimate Edition on HBOmax!

Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:39 am All the skreeonking Batman vs. Superman and Godzilla vs. Kong memes of Save Martha/Mothra.

Blame Snyder and of course, the idiots at WB for greenlighting it in the first place, same with the Steve Trevor-WW84 stuff. It's such a travesty of writing that it's naturally gonna be meme'd to death.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:39 am Even then why the comparisons to begin with? You don't see people doing that with Freddy and Jason or Alien and Predator.
Do Freddy and Jason have any connection with a character whose name sounds as much like "Martha" as "Mothra" does?

Same question re: Alien and Predator.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

KManX89 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:50 am

Blame Snyder and of course, the idiots at WB for greenlighting it in the first place, same with the Steve Trevor-WW84 stuff. It's such a travesty of writing that it's naturally gonna be meme'd to death.
Its the idiots at WB that caused BVS's Theatrical cut to be the cut up abomination that it is

When a writer wants his name cut off a project, generally not a good sign

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I know that this has been stated a million times before but good lord, can we fix this forums broken down search bar? I'm trying to find a thread on the MonsterVerse section (it was about the possibility of what other American studios could tackle Godzilla after the MV is done like Universal, Paramount etc.) but just scrolling page after page is getting super skreoonking tedious, and the search bar literally just highlights words of what i'm looking for.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Gigantis wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:17 pm I know that this has been stated a million times before but good lord, can we fix this forums broken down search bar? I'm trying to find a thread on the MonsterVerse section (it was about the possibility of what other American studios could tackle Godzilla after the MV is done like Universal, Paramount etc.) but just scrolling page after page is getting super skreoonking tedious, and the search bar literally just highlights words of what i'm looking for.

Do you know how many things the Search feature has survived? Over 10 years of TK it has survived, through all the coding, all the wipes and restarts all the various little updates and tweaks yet still it lingers

Its destruction is beyond means that we here currently have. To desire to fix it is foolish to think it is possible to fix it is true madness

it is very strong now
Last edited by ROMG4 on Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Gigantis wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:17 pm I know that this has been stated a million times before but good lord, can we fix this forums broken down search bar? I'm trying to find a thread on the MonsterVerse section (it was about the possibility of what other American studios could tackle Godzilla after the MV is done like Universal, Paramount etc.) but just scrolling page after page is getting super skreoonking tedious, and the search bar literally just highlights words of what i'm looking for.
I also hate frequently getting "could not complete search because phrases were too common" error message. When search queries are dependent on what terms you search for, you know you have a fucking problem. :mad:

I realize it might be beyond fixing, but it's still annoying AF.
Last edited by KManX89 on Mon May 03, 2021 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"