The Dreams thread

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Kiryu2012
Keizer

Re: The Dreams thread

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Had a weird succession of dreams, including battling Goku, who was hitting me with a telekinetically controlled ki blast, before sprouting blades from my arms and slicing into him to cause him to bleed out. Then I had some more brief dreams, like becoming the likes of a Diablos and a turtle with a long feathered tongue used to catch fish, as well as battling Showa Godzilla as a three headed Kiryu Saga-esque Godzilla before getting my heads and legs torn off.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I had a dream that Rob Zombie was my high school teacher for film class.

I'm not kidding and it was awesome.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

I dreamt that I was in some kind of an Ultraman live show that was held at a sports hall of all places. At the end we were given a preview of a reboot of Ultraman Nexus, which I think was also done as a traditional 2D anime.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I dreamt that my dad died last night...

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Photos from Ultraman Trigger came out and he was fighting "Guesra" (who looked like Sadola but with normal hands) and Gomora on a sunset-lit city.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Lately, my dreams have been having very specific themes. Last night it was gender and dinosaurs.

This first part of my dream takes place I’d say around 4 years ago, so I’m 13 coming on 14. I’m at my childhood GF’s house, and she had an older sister, and it turns out she was a guy the whole time. Then some other people I thought to know turn out to be Femboys.

Then, I’m at a school swimming carnival, and then I start to get bored and wander off into the bush. Then I see what I think was an Abelisaurid very slowly (like an animatronic) bite into some giant Oviraptorid, letting out a horrible screech. I return to the pool only yo find it’s filled with Dinosaurs, specially really thick sauropods.
For Emperor and Empire!

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I had a dream where I was cleaning my room. While I was doing so, I looked outside the window and saw a cute girl around my age doing....I don't really remember, but it involves being high on one of the trees. Maybe she was cutting the branches or changing the street light bulb. I don't really know. Anyway, I looked at her because, like I said, she is pretty cute. However, she then looks in my direction and notices that I was looking at her. I thought to myself, there is no way that she can know that I was looking at her when she is around 20 feet away and I'm inside my house while she is high up and surrounded by tree branches. But nope, she knows that I'm checking her out. I tried to make myself look as if I wasn't looking at her, but it's no use. She comes down and angrily marches to my window. I tried to hide out of fear. Once she got to my window, she starts yelling about how much of a perverted creep I am and stuff like that. Eventually, I got into some serious trouble with the law and that's all I can remember.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

This thread is really interesting to read in bulk. Dreams are weirdly specific and individualistic, so it makes sense that describing them to people sort of can't always get the message across. I've based some of the short stories I'm writing on my dreams (take the dream, write down the idea, let it sit for a week and then take interesting story concepts) and it's worked out well.

I know there's probably a separate thread for this, but how many of your dreams revolve around:
-finding a "lost Godzilla film"
-Godzilla Monsters
-Finding random Godzilla toys on a shelf.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:06 am This thread is really interesting to read in bulk. Dreams are weirdly specific and individualistic, so it makes sense that describing them to people sort of can't always get the message across. I've based some of the short stories I'm writing on my dreams (take the dream, write down the idea, let it sit for a week and then take interesting story concepts) and it's worked out well.

I know there's probably a separate thread for this, but how many of your dreams revolve around:
-Godzilla Monsters
I have those every once in a while. The most disappointing ones are the dreams involving Godzilla toys because I wake up expecting to have them but alas :lol:

I had one recently that helped inspire a new monster for my series. I have mild thalassophobia, so this one was especially spooky. I was on some sort of expedition to document whales, except all the whales we found were dead. The trail of dead whales eventually led me and my team to this large lake (yeah I know, this dream had no sense of geography) where there was a boathouse on the bank of the lake. Something hit our boat and knocked everyone but me overboard. I was going to go in to rescue my team but below the surface of the super murky water I saw some large, flesh-colored thing slither it's way under the boat.

I then decided to investigate the boathouse (fuck the guys in the water I guess?) when I found that the dock was covered in blood and parts of the house were smashed. That's when I hear something come out of the water behind me and I freeze. To my right came a long neck of the same fleshy-color I saw earlier. It's head was like a venus flytrap but longer and narrower. It's "eyes" were situated on top of it's head and were saucer shaped, and had red and black rings that gave them this almost hypnotic look. More of it's body surfaced and instead of flippers it had long tentacles that it used like flagella to swim. The rest of it was still underwater, but from what I could tell this thing was huge. The neck alone was taller than 3 grown men.

Looking back, the creature superficially resembled a plesiosaur but had more in common with a mollusk of some kind. Either way, it must have not noticed me because it gradually sank back into the depths, wiggling it's tentacles as it disappeared beneath the murky water.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:06 am This thread is really interesting to read in bulk. Dreams are weirdly specific and individualistic, so it makes sense that describing them to people sort of can't always get the message across. I've based some of the short stories I'm writing on my dreams (take the dream, write down the idea, let it sit for a week and then take interesting story concepts) and it's worked out well.

-Godzilla Monsters

I know that Rodan is a common actor in my dreams. Especially from GTTHM.
For Emperor and Empire!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

A recurring event in my dreams is that I get diabetes. It happened in my dream last night and I asked the Ninja Turtle Donatello to use his wisdom to create a cure.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

LegendZilla wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:52 pm A recurring event in my dreams is that I get diabetes. It happened in my dream last night and I asked the Ninja Turtle Donatello to use his wisdom to create a cure.
If anyone is gonna cure diabb's it's God damn Donatello from the TMNT.

Cossegoji2000
Ronin

Post by Cossegoji2000 »

LegendZilla wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:52 pm A recurring event in my dreams is that I get diabetes. It happened in my dream last night and I asked the Ninja Turtle Donatello to use his wisdom to create a cure.
Would somehow make a better movie than the Michael Bay TMNT movies.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

That’s weirder than the time I asked Superintendent Chalmers and Principal Skinner to make me a hotdog, but they laced it with dirt and sand.
For Emperor and Empire!

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Has anyone ever had dreams that make you feel like you've had them before, but you are definitely sure you haven't? I get dreams like that every once in a while. Hell, I just had one last night.

The dream was like a YouTube video. It took place in a series of Japanese farms and houses. The camera was quickly entering and exiting those farms and houses, but also showing what's going on inside every one of them. I don't remember exactly what happened, just a lot of random things, but I do remember those moments inside them being so extremely hilarious that I woke up laughing. However, the dream did feel like I've had it before even though I'm very sure I have not.

"That makes two of us."

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:35 am Has anyone ever had dreams that make you feel like you've had them before, but you are definitely sure you haven't? I get dreams like that every once in a while. Hell, I just had one last night.
I have a ton of dreams that are so different yet strangely similar that you could say this is pretty much every single one of them. :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Dreaming of Kaiju to come

Post by Al Diplodocus »

Last night as of this writing, I had a dream in Godzilla Vs. Kong, a kaiju based off a liopeurodon showed up and spoke to Kong, complimenting him on his beauty. Yes, really.

Now that's that's said, have you ever had a dream about Godzilla and his fellow kaiju?
Last edited by Al Diplodocus on Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

Another King Kong dream I had was of an animated film about Kong where he fought a giant yellow turtle, and Dracula trying to capture him, as played by Gary Oldman.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Apparently, someone leaked some of the Monsterverse titans. Baphomet was a giant stubby-limbed humanoid with shaggy hair and a wooden face with horns, Leviathan was the thing we saw fighting Godzilla in the Publishing Program trailer, and there was also a new Titan called Zizu. It looked like a DnD Beholderbut with dinosaur legs and all of its stalks ending in different heads.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

There was a new Shin Ultraman trailer that revealed Gigan and King Ghidorah (very Showa-like) would be villains.