The Dreams thread

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Kiryu2012
Keizer

Re: The Dreams thread

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Capcom was doing a thing where people could buy the rights to one of their Monster Hunter monsters for a limited time to make a profit from (like in novels or such); one could only keep the rights for around 2.6 hours, and only buy the rights to a monster once every 2 hours.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

A couple of nights ago I had a dream where I was at some convention. First I found some sort of Sailor Moon pillows that also had an audio mechanism built into them, and it played a song. Then I was at a different section with a friend and we found a bunch of old Godzilla VHS tapes and DVDs, including the original 3-disc Japanese GXM set.

I guess I really miss attending cons.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I had a dream recently that I was a noble in a medieval or steampunk style setting, and I was falsely accused of murdering a woman who belonged to another noble house. Supporters of this house stormed the castle I lived in and arrested me despite my attempts to escape. Eventually I wind up dead either through suicide or I get executed, can't remember. The mother of the woman I was accused of killing then brandishes high heels literally made from a skull that was alleged to be mine. Then my sister performs some kind of black ritual that resurrects me from the dead as a child but quickly regain my adult body. Somehow I gain the ability to control a massive dragon named "Kavozein" and then rally my house for war against the one that killed me. I proceed to utterly exterminate this enemy house, largely using the dragon to do most of the work. I remember a woman who apparently was my wife begging me to stop, but I basically ignored her and pressed the attack. I distinctly remember some guy who looked like Jaime Lannister from Game of Thrones being one of the nobles who gets BBQ'd by the dragon, as well as that British commander from Pirates of the Caribbean.

Looking back, this whole dream sounds like a fucked-up Romeo and Juliet with Game of Thrones mixed in. I have absolutely no idea how to interpret this dream or what it means lol. Here's hoping I get a dragon at some point in the future?
Last edited by Breakdown on Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I had a dream that I was still 15 or 16 and was hanging out with some of my friends and we were doing stupid but funny shenanigans similar to what you would see in a Filthy Frank, JonTron or Scott the Woz video. Like with so many of my dreams, I forgot most of what actually happened. The only thing I remember was us chasing each other in a train museum while wearing various costumes and acting like maniacs. I didn't want the dream to end because it made me so happy to be with my friends at that age and just having fun together, even if the things we did in my dream was nothing like what we did in real life.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Breakdown wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:10 pm I had a dream recently that I was a noble in a medieval or steampunk style setting, and I was falsely accused of murdering a woman who belonged to another noble house. Supporters of this house stormed the castle I lived in and arrested me despite my attempts to escape. Eventually I wind up dead either through suicide or I get executed, can't remember. The mother of the woman I was accused of killing then brandishes high heels literally made from a skull that was alleged to be mine. Then my sister performs some kind of black ritual that resurrects me from the dead as a child but quickly regain my adult body. Somehow I gain the ability to control a massive dragon named "Kavozein" and then rally my house for war against the one that killed me. I proceed to utterly exterminate this enemy house, largely using the dragon to do most of the work. I remember a woman who apparently was my wife begging me to stop, but I basically ignored her and pressed the attack. I distinctly remember some guy who looked like Jaime Lannister from Game of Thrones being one of the nobles who gets BBQ'd by the dragon, as well as that British commander from Pirates of the Caribbean.

Looking back, this whole dream sounds like a fucked-up Romeo and Juliet with Game of Thrones mixed in. I have absolutely no idea how to interpret this dream or what it means lol. Here's hoping I get a dragon at some point in the future?
That sounds like it would make a great movie!
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

This one came to me a couple of days ago. I'm in a mall with lots of open space and walk over to an art display of expensive vases. I see a small structure, maybe 2 ft tall, and crawl among the vases to get a good look. It's a shrine with a slot, and there are small statues nearby. Each one is a stylized version of a Gamera foe- Barugon, Gyaos, Jiger, Zigra. I place the Gyaos statue in the slot abd transform into a human size Gyaos. I fly all over the place and shoot sonic beams everywhere, causing huge amounts of damage. Before the cops arrive to deal with me, I land and become human again.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I had a dream about a kaiju novel series called ‘Heroes In Peril’, about Heroic Kaiju being put through the toughest fight of their lives but still however winning in the end. Every heroic kaiju would have 2 books each.

The book series created both in dreams and as I’m now awake consists of;

Toonzilla vs Zaigorg
Toonzilla vs Alien Baltan
Gamera vs Mechagodzilla (Showa)
Gamera vs Biollante
Godzilla (MV) vs Kate’s Zetton and King Joe Black
Godzilla (MV) vs Grande’s Red King and Tyrant
Godzilla (Showa) vs Silvergon
Godzilla (Showa) vs Grand King Ghidorah
Kiryu vs EVA Unit 02
Kiryu vs Godzilla (GMK)

But also 5 short stories consisting of;

Super Mechagodzilla vs SpaceGodzilla
Mothra Leo vs Belial
Anguirus (Showa) and Rodan (MV) vs Legion
Battra vs King Ghidorah (MV)
Gigan and Megalon (Showa) vs Orga

But however, the series finally concludes with the book;

The Final War, which basically has all of our previous heroes (sans Kiryu) and other good monsters fight the great Monster army which basically is every other monster they didn’t fight, culminating with a battle between the remaining Good Guys (SMG, Leo, Godzillas (Showa, MV)) versus Anime Ghidorah.
For Emperor and Empire!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I was watching a review for an anime film akin to Your Name and A Silent Voice. Basically, the plot is that this random guy with no friends suddenly comes across four eccentric characters. The catch is, they’re all dead. The ghosts were actually sent back to the living world to convince this guy not to take his own life, apparently by telling him their own stories.

For example, the first ghost was focused on a lot in the review. She’s short, brunette, and wears a baggy red shit with white shorts. Very energetic and eccentric from the clips of B-roll I remember. While sitting down on a hill, she tells him about everything. While this happened, her death was shown to be a car crash, animated in a completely different art style. I remember her going into extreme detail about how it wasn’t the initial crash that killed her, but rather her getting thrown out of the car and onto the ground.

Only other ghost I remember was one that does via acid in some sort of factory accident or something.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:11 am I was watching a review for an anime film akin to Your Name and A Silent Voice. Basically, the plot is that this random guy with no friends suddenly comes across four eccentric characters. The catch is, they’re all dead. The ghosts were actually sent back to the living world to convince this guy not to take his own life, apparently by telling him their own stories.

For example, the first ghost was focused on a lot in the review. She’s short, brunette, and wears a baggy red poop with white shorts. Very energetic and eccentric from the clips of B-roll I remember. While sitting down on a hill, she tells him about everything. While this happened, her death was shown to be a car crash, animated in a completely different art style. I remember her going into extreme detail about how it wasn’t the initial crash that killed her, but rather her getting thrown out of the car and onto the ground.

Only other ghost I remember was one that does via acid in some sort of factory accident or something.
Isn't that supposed to be "dies via acid"?

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

I had a dream that I was in some sort of gymnasium or auditorium, except that it only had three walls. The uncovered side faced what appeared to be an ocean. Out of this ocean came a tsunami. Everyone in the audience, including myself, had to hang on to the bleachers for dear life! For some reason, breathing wasn’t a problem, even though we were completely submerged. Really weird dream.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

mikelcho wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:36 am
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:11 am I was watching a review for an anime film akin to Your Name and A Silent Voice. Basically, the plot is that this random guy with no friends suddenly comes across four eccentric characters. The catch is, they’re all dead. The ghosts were actually sent back to the living world to convince this guy not to take his own life, apparently by telling him their own stories.

For example, the first ghost was focused on a lot in the review. She’s short, brunette, and wears a baggy red poop with white shorts. Very energetic and eccentric from the clips of B-roll I remember. While sitting down on a hill, she tells him about everything. While this happened, her death was shown to be a car crash, animated in a completely different art style. I remember her going into extreme detail about how it wasn’t the initial crash that killed her, but rather her getting thrown out of the car and onto the ground.

Isn't that supposed to be "dies via acid"?
Yes, it is.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I ha a dream that I was at my high school world history class and we had to do an essay on whatever historical event, group, organization, country or war that we learned in the history book. For some reason, I was having a hard time finding something to make an essay of. Maybe it's because my classmates chose all the ones that I really wanted to do. Then I decided to do an essay on the Stasi of the German Democratic Republic, but here's the thing: The history book only briefly mentioned the Stasi ONCE and then never again. Yeah, that was really weird, and because of that, I didn't think it would be a good idea to do an essay on the Stasi since, apparently, the history book that we were using didn't have a section about the history of the Stasi and its activity. So, I had to keep looking through the history book and find something worth writing my essay on. Nothing that wasn't already being worked on by other classmates. This ended up being one of those dreams where I would become frustrated and angry at something.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Had a dream I had to gain fire from a torch while passing by a moving herd of yellow-and-black-spotted sauropods, lighting the spear I had on me before having to flee right when a retrosaur-looking theropod emerged from a nearby lake and started chasing me. I ended up taking refuge in a small cavernous outcropping and spending the night there, making a fire and waiting until the morning came.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

So apparently, I was in the Ultraman Connection Discord and the cast of Shin Ultraman joined. Takumi Saito talked about our support for the movie or something before dropping a link. For some reason, I didn't click it immediately but rather went to YouTube. Immediately, I see a thumbnail of a tokusatsu suit that resembles some sort of tiger/wolf hybrid with a fur collar and horns. I went back and clicked the link. There was a bit of white Japanese text on a black background, all seeming to be in-universe. Can't remember what exactly it was talking about but it was something about the kaiju, I'm sure. After a bit more scrolling, I found the main attraction: a comic.

It starts off fairly simple. A monster is attacking a city and a giant hero was fighting it to protect said city. But here's the thing. This giant hero... was not an Ultraman. It looked more like Way Big than anything. However, this is basically just the backdrop of the story as the true focus is on the narrator's friend, who is trapped in a building right next to the battle and they weren't able to be rescued. The monster downs the hero for a bit before heading straight for the building. All seems lost until another kid in the building (not the narrator's friend) walks up to it and then deploys a blue energy field just like the hero.

This was explained in following narration but I can't remember any of it. This weakens the monster but doesn't outright defeat it. That's where a stray cat comes in. It generates a smaller energy field before flying up and (I kid you not) torpedoing into the monster's head, killing it. Then, I realized something. That cat... must be the fursona-looking thing I saw in that thumbnail! And then, I woke up. Not my proudest dream but at least, there weren't any plot holes?

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I’m in between a stand off between the Showa Villains, Heisei Villains and Millennium Villains, as well as MonsterVerse Ghidorah. The Showa villains, specifically Gigan and Ghidorah complain about how their future counterparts are bastardised, and this starts a brawl between them.

Oh and this is all in an alleyway for some reason. Human sized. Anyways, everybody is fighting except for Hedorah, who’s laughing. The fight ends with a group of Godzillas consisting of 75, 94, and 2004 come find them and all the villains scram before the Gojis can kill ‘em.
For Emperor and Empire!

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

*cracks neck and knuckles* All right, here is a dream so weird that you may be asking me "what the hell did you eat last night?", and my reply would be "a Monte Cristo sandwich with sweet potatoes fries".

I had a dream where it was night time around the time of Halloween and I was in charge of a haunted house maze. The maze would start at one house, lead across the street and end in another house. Everyone who wanted to go through the maze just so happened to be my fellow classmates from high school. But here's the thing: everybody had to be naked for absolutely no reason. I was the one who made that decision and I had no idea why. So, yeah, everyone, including myself, was naked for the haunted house maze. I could see that most of them were pretty uncomfortable with being in the nude, but they still went with it anyway. The maze was pretty short despite taking place in two house and across a street. The only thing I could remember was all of us being surrounded by by those typical Halloween decorations and people dressed in scary costumes, although I remember them doing a shitty job at scaring us. Seriously, none of us were scared throughout the whole maze. When we reached the end of the maze, almost everybody put their clothes back on or at least put a robe on to cover themselves, especially the girls. I was kind of upset by this because I wanted everyone to still be naked for at least an hour longer or so. That was when I woke up.

Don't judge me. I didn't want this dream.

"That makes two of us."

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I had a dream where I was watching an American-made sequel to Rodan. It was called "The Revenge of Rodan". It took place one or two years after the 1956 film and also took place in the USA instead of Japan. The movie was about the spirit of one of the Rodans possessing a woman. I forgot the reason why, but, basically, the woman is now possessed by the spirit of Rodan and was causing a ruckus in her town. That's all I remember before I woke.

"That makes two of us."

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

We’re watching a movie in IMAX called ‘The Sea Monster’. It’s basically this thalassophobia flick about a submarine that goes down into the sea and encounters a giant monster. So we get to the part where it does, and the monster is truly monstrous, like at least a kilometre long. Anyways, it goes to eat the submarine and puts it in it’s jaws. So the monster starts to chow down on the sub, while the crew is panicking and saying their last prayers and stuff. All of a sudden, the monster stops attacking. The captain says they pick up another creature on their radar, and the Sea Monster looks around, until it locks eyes with this other beast. The titular sea monster starts to worry itself, and lets the sub go. It then pans around to the sea floor where they’re at, and out from the rocks comes Godzilla, appearing as he did in Mothra vs Godzilla. Along with this, his theme from the film plays.

Godzilla battles the sea monster, and although he is far smaller, he wins by firing his atomic breath down the creature’s gullet as he tries to swallow Godzilla whole. The sea monster promptly explodes and Godzilla leaves.
For Emperor and Empire!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Was watching this movie called Dearc. The name sounds Scottish but it looked more Middle Ages to me. Only thing I remember is a knight and a princess (the latter being the eponymous character) walking down a trail in a very apocalyptic landscape, complete with leafless trees and a red sky. Also, I think they ended up in a 7/11 somehow.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 6:34 am Was watching this movie called Dearc. The name sounds Scottish but it looked more Middle Ages to me. Only thing I remember is a knight and a princess (the latter being the eponymous character) walking down a trail in a very apocalyptic landscape, complete with leafless trees and a red sky. Also, I think they ended up in a 7/11 somehow.
The world may be in ruins, but at least there is still a 7 Eleven. All is not lost.

"That makes two of us."

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!