Toys and General Collecting Thread

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
GodEmperorGabara
The Modfather
The Modfather

Re: Toys and General Collecting Thread

Postby GodEmperorGabara » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:35 am

Maverick Centigrade wrote:Robot Spirits GM Cold Climate Type is (at this time) looking to be a mass release and not a webshop exclusive.

I will seriously need to control myself to not buy 6 of those.

Hope you got some Hygoggs and Z'Gok Es to go with them. ;)
I hate you eternally now Derzerb, I hope you know this.

<3

Made a Discord server, feel free to message me if you're interested.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Postby Maverick Centigrade » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:39 am

GodEmperorGabara wrote:
Maverick Centigrade wrote:Robot Spirits GM Cold Climate Type is (at this time) looking to be a mass release and not a webshop exclusive.

I will seriously need to control myself to not buy 6 of those.

Hope you got some Hygoggs and Z'Gok Es to go with them. ;)

Knowing how Bandai loves to personally skreeonk with me, those two will be exclusives.
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
So then Worf suddenly has a purple space bazooka...

master_of_monsters
G-Grasper

Postby master_of_monsters » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:10 pm

I'm thinking of trying super minipla
your source of self destruction

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Postby Maverick Centigrade » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:52 am

And it's confirmed, Robot Spirits GM Cold Climate Type is a mass release!! Thank you Bandai!
So then Worf suddenly has a purple space bazooka...

MandaSaurus
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby MandaSaurus » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:59 am

JAGzilla wrote:^ My Walmart's Thanoses were cleaned out fast, too. I never got one, but I didn't care, so no problem. And I saw two Dewbacks at Walmart today, too. I wanted one, but $60... I don't know. Maybe next check, if they stick around.

I did go ahead and grab a Fallen Kingdom Carnotaurus, though. Not a bad-looking figure at all, especially compared to the junk Hasbro's been crapping out for the last bunch of years. The line in general looks pretty decent so far; not quite as good as the '90s/early 2000s stuff, but plenty good enough. I intend to buy a few more dinosaurs soon. Maybe the Roarivores (or however it's spelled) Triceratops and Baryonyx, among others.

I grabbed a Dewback at my Target as soon as I saw it. There were two( apparently they come two per case )and I got the nice, near-minty box. The other one had some significant damage. I don't see these things weathering the shelf well. Besides, I keep receipts...

Found the JW Carnotaurus myself today, also at Target. Nice minty box. Damn, Mattel did a NICE job on this beast - they definitely brought their A-Game to this line! $20 was reasonable. Stegosaurus is Carny's case-mate. Based on the back of the package, Triceratops and some two-legged carnivore I don't recognize, will be in future assortments. Think I'll be focusing on the predators with this line...

Added in 29 days 21 hours 8 minutes 51 seconds:
Found a replacement Black Series Tarkin for the first one I picked up in a damaged box. Before anyone asks, 'Why?' about the damaged box one, it was only $5.00, and I knew that I could switch it out for another one later on. Picked up a couple of Mimban Stormies 3.75" too. :D

The BS Gamorrean Guard will be showing up at Target soon...

Added in 8 days 7 hours 51 minutes 20 seconds:
Speaking of Target, they have those $10 off $50 or more, $25 off $100 or more toy coupons again. I re-bought my SW Dewback & Sandtrooper, Black Series Porgs, JW Mosasaurus and returned 'em with the ORIGINAL receipts, so I ended up paying - Dewback & Sandtrooper $45.28, Porg 2-pks $4.52 each, JW Mosasaurus $22.64. Not bad, 'ay? :twisted:

Beast Blood
Samurai

Postby Beast Blood » Wed May 30, 2018 10:26 pm

I like plushies. I have a decent collection of them. I got me a megatherium plush last week.
https://www.everythingdinosaur.com/wp-c ... um_web.jpg

MandaSaurus
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby MandaSaurus » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:03 pm

Beast Blood wrote:I like plushies. I have a decent collection of them. I got me a megatherium plush last week.
https://www.everythingdinosaur.com/wp-c ... um_web.jpg

Looks like a bear to me. I have a plush Godzilla, a plush JW T-Rex, a plush Gengar( the purple Pokémon with the red eyes )...

Added in 1 month 27 days 10 hours 48 minutes 50 seconds:
Due to my disappointment with Solo: A Star Wars Story, and it's poor box office performance, I have divested myself of any - and all - Solo-related collectibles. Instead, I am focusing my domestic collecting energy on Mattel's superb Jurassic World dinosaurs. The movie is awesome, it's box office receipts are kicking azz, and Mattel is producing the BEST dino figures I've ever SEEN. 'Nuff said... :D

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:44 pm

If you missed out on the NECA Movie Turtles at SDCC this year, you'll be happy to know that all four are being released to Gamestop next year:

https://twitter.com/YHSPodcast/status/1 ... 0722025475

Grabbed me a Raphael, my favorite portrayal of him. Gonna try and grab the other three at retail.

MandaSaurus
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby MandaSaurus » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:11 pm

FINALLY got me a Black Series 6" Gamorrean Guard last weekend, and by co-inky-dink, it was 20% off Star Wars items this week, so it was $23.99, instead of $29.99. Got it at the Conroe store - instead of my local store - by sheer chance. Quite an impressive figure - a pity for those who have to resort to the secondary market...
EDIT: Got the Wal-Mart Excl. Mimban Stormtrooper yesterday - a dirty OT Stormie in a cape: yipee. But the BOX is what makes this release special - everywhere on/in the package that would usually be RED, on this one is instead a uniform mud GREY. Like Mimban, get it? The WM got in ONE case, and I got the only one in the bunch that was collector-worthy. The rest were dented and/or crushed. Nice job...

Added in 3 months 6 days 22 hours 39 minutes 42 seconds:
Here it is, right after the holidays, and what do I see in the Wal-Mart action figure aisle? Jurassic World? Bare. Star Wars? Full. TransFormers? Bumblebee! Bumblebee! As far as the eye can see...
Last edited by MandaSaurus on Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

JAGzilla
Kwaidan

Postby JAGzilla » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:47 am

^ My experience, too. I actually had a decent chunk of 'disposable' money this check and had fully intended to blow it on dinosaurs, but nope. My bird feeder setup got renovated, instead...
Last edited by JAGzilla on Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MandaSaurus
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby MandaSaurus » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:11 pm

Picked up the NECA Halloween( 2018 )Ultimate Michael Myers for $27.99 at Target. This, is a piece of history. By the time the new Halloween finished it's theatrical run, it had taken in over $250 mil. worldwide. Not only the highest-grossing of the Halloween series, but the highest-grossing slasher film of all time. Back in 1978, Michael was the first, and now, Michael is top of the heap once again. Long Live The Shape!!! :D

2004Zilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby 2004Zilla » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:15 pm

Avert your eyes, laddies! Funko actually made a Funko Pop that looks like the character!

SuperPawnageGigan wrote:What has this thread become.

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:17 pm

2004Zilla wrote:Avert your eyes, laddies! Funko actually made a Funko Pop that looks like the character!

Give me a Haida and Fenneko with this please. It's perfect.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Postby Rhedosaurus » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:02 pm

On Jan 1st, I got the last remaining blue and gold JW:FK Suchomimus toy. While I still think that the movie sucks, I do love how Mattel did justice to the toys.

MandaSaurus
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby MandaSaurus » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:21 pm

MandaSaurus wrote:Picked up the NECA Halloween( 2018 )Ultimate Michael Myers for $27.99 at Target. This, is a piece of history. By the time the new Halloween finished it's theatrical run, it had taken in over $250 mil. worldwide. Not only the highest-grossing of the Halloween series, but the highest-grossing slasher film of all time. Back in 1978, Michael was the first, and now, Michael is top of the heap once again. Long Live The Shape!!! :D

And for the first time ever, NECA is doing a Laurie Strode figure, to go with Michael. To be released Q2 in 2019...

Added in 22 days 21 hours 25 seconds:
Here we are, Toy Fair 2019, and Hasbro is doing REPROS of 70s/80s Star Wars figures. OMG, are they THAT desperate?!? We live in crazy times, folks...

kingkevzilla88
JXSDF Technician

Postby kingkevzilla88 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:39 am

Did anyone see that Toxic Crusader figure that Super7 is making? Because I'm totally getting that when it comes out.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Postby Rhedosaurus » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:05 pm

Anybody see the new Brachiosaurus toy from Mattel? IT'S HUGE!!!

Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:48 pm

Damn! Glad to see someone finally has the guts to release an in scale Brach.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

MandaSaurus
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby MandaSaurus » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:21 pm

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Damn! Glad to see someone finally has the guts to release an in scale Brach.

Yep, I'll probably be getting two - one to keep MIB, and one to open... :D

BTW, Mattel's JW line won the 2018 Toy Of The Year( TOTY )award for Best Action Figure Series! I seem to recall Star Wars winning that a lot in the past...

Mattel has shown more balls in the short time they've had the license, than Hasbro EVER did...

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:31 pm

I mean the Mattel line is a smaller scale than the classic Kenner line so an in scale Brachiosaurus is easier and cheaper to produce. Imagine a Brach scaled with the Kenner lines.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Return to “General Discussion”