New member introductions!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New member introductions!

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

@everyone else I missed, welcome to the forums! I read your responses, and I'm glad you are here!
bl4ck wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:42 am Greetings Earthlings!
Take me to your leader!
Tyrant_Liz wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:52 am Hi everyone, I'm Tyrant Liz. I'm a longtime fan and a long time lurker as well. I became a Godzilla fan back when I was a kid renting VHS tapes from Blockbuster Video and watching them with my dad. I've seen every Godzilla film, with the exception of the anime which I don't think I'll be watching anytime soon, although admittedly it's been awhile since I've seen some of the films.

What spurred me to finally join the Forum wasn't the run up to Godzilla vs. Kong but rather that I just recently watched the Heisei Gamera Trilogy and was looking for somewhere to talk about it xD

Anyways I look forward to talking about all things Kaiju with you guys. Cheers!
Welcome! Damn, post got me nostalgic for Blockbuster! And like you, I grew up watching Godzilla and Kaiju films with my dad! The Gamera trilogy is great!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Rurouni Senator
Yojimbo

Post by Rurouni Senator »

Hello everybody
And thank you for approving my account :)

I'm a gamer who loves anime and movies, saw that this place is active in these parts and decided to join these boards.

ConvergeTakedown
Ronin

Post by ConvergeTakedown »

I've been lurking for quite a while now (enough, hopefully, ha ha), thought I might as well register.

(To my understanding, this post will need to be made visible by a staff member?)

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Hello everyone, I'm Deputy Chief Cabinet Secretary Rando Yaguchi, though I have a feeling I'll be getting several promotions and a much longer job title as we go on. ;)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:52 pm Hello everyone, I'm Deputy Chief Cabinet Secretary Rando Yaguchi, though I have a feeling I'll be getting several promotions and a much longer job title as we go on. ;)
Hope you know this job is going to be difficult....

Welcome to the forums!

RIP Evan.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Thanks! It'll be alright - it's just friend or foe. I like the simplicity of it.
Last edited by Rando Yaguchi on Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andagi1
GPN Volunteer

Post by Andagi1 »

Hey everyone! I've known about TK for years, but never visited this place frequently up until now. My love for the franchise began when I was around 9-11, and have had an on/off interest since then. At first I watched TV reruns and the 2014 movie, then began visiting websites like this and collecting merchandise. Despite the significance of Japanese culture in my life and home state, it's been hard to find others who have the same investment in the series, and with this being one of the first places that came to mind when looking for Kaiju news and discussion, I figured I'd finally make an account. Would love to get to know everyone!

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

I made this account a month ago but was busy. Now I have a lot of free time and of course the countdown for GvK so now is certainly a great time to start posting! The future for Godzilla looks very bright with not only GvK but that Netlix series coming out as well. So I think fellow newbies are going to be coming in record highs very shortly. So without further a-do let's get it rockin and rollin!

UndineUndying
Ronin

Post by UndineUndying »

Hello. I've been lurker here for about eight years (found out about y'all through Pacific Rim hype). Just thought I'd drop in and say hello, and take advantage of the forum features. (The number of image signatures, and forum quotes in signatures, kind've make the discussion threads hard to read.)

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

UndineUndying wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:20 pm Hello. I've been lurker here for about eight years (found out about y'all through Pacific Rim hype). Just thought I'd drop in and say hello, and take advantage of the forum features. (The number of image signatures, and forum quotes in signatures, kind've make the discussion threads hard to read.)
Hey UndineUndying (gotta get a nickname for you)! Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your stay, because I sure have.
For Emperor and Empire!

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

UndineUndying wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:20 pm(The number of image signatures, and forum quotes in signatures, kind've make the discussion threads hard to read.)
Not only that but I feel the forum in general could be cleaned up a bit to seem more inviting and easier to navigate for new members.

And welcome.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

UndineUndying wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:20 pm Hello. I've been lurker here for about eight years (found out about y'all through Pacific Rim hype). Just thought I'd drop in and say hello, and take advantage of the forum features. (The number of image signatures, and forum quotes in signatures, kind've make the discussion threads hard to read.)
First post in and it's to complain about people's signatures?

Hot damn you'll fit in just fine here.

Welcome to TK.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

It is pretty ridiculous when people have four or five gifs in their signatures. Show a little class!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:08 pm It is pretty ridiculous when people have four or five gifs in their signatures. Show a little class!
Awkward glancing at _JNavs_...
Last edited by Voyager on Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

Ronin

Post by 128k »

Hello all, I'm 128k. I've been lurking here for quite a while and since this is the best source of Toho info on the Internet, I decided to apply for an account. My favorite Godzilla movie is (currently) vs. Hedorah, and I grew up watching a vs. Megalon VHS tape a million times. I appreciate being allowed in and won't cause any trouble for you all, just trying to learn some new things and ask some questions about things I don't know.

loofzilla
Young Farmer

Post by loofzilla »

Just turned 50 this. Loved the giant monster movies growing up on Creature Feature.

Got into horror and scifi... Mostly horror especially zombies long before The Walking Dead.

Godzilla with Matthew Broadwick came, and I wanted to like it more than I did but it just didn't feel right. Little did I know most everyone felt the same. I have not watched it since I saw it in the theater. Maybe it has aged better?

Then Cloverfield came out. While I didn't care for the shaky cam, I did enjoy the movie.

More so when I learned it was a misunderstood monster with severe separation anxiety, and here we are attacking it. Well that, and JJ Abrams inspired after visiting Japan with his son and seeing how Japanese still regard Godzilla with much pride.

Then Pacific Rim was teased. Learning that Guillermo Del Toro was a Kaiju fan (didn't know that was the proper name for giant monsters) and this was his love letter to the genre made the movie all the more exciting for me.

That was the first movie where I ate the whole bucket of popcorn and bladder be damned I was NOT leaving my seat.

My son said I had a smile on my face the entire time.

Pacfic Rim 2 took too long to come out but my interest in Kaiju was rekindled.

Internet had matured enough where I could learn more about Godzilla.

Little did I know that Toho had been making Godzilla / Kaiju movies somewhat regularly.

The more I read the more I realized I how little I really ever knew.

Attack on Titan (the movies) I almost nearly liked. The first one was the most interesting especially the first half. I have yet to read the manga or watch the anime but plan to soon.

So fast forward today and we have the Monsterverse which while not perfect, is something I hope they can continue.

Also looking forward to what Toho had up their sleeve.
Disappointed Shin Godzilla won't be continued. Please tell me they recently decided to contribute the story damn it.

There is the new anime coming up on Netflix. Not sure what I think of the trailer but I will happily jump in for the ride.

The other thing I am excited about nowadays are the reconstruction projects people are doing and fanedits.

Oh.. back before Covid hit
My wife went to Japan for a business trip and brought me back a snazzy King Ghidorah causing the great tsunami T-Shirt.

That's about it. If you have books you recommend, YouTube channels you feel I should check out, fanedits and reconstructions worth hunting down, or other websites to frequent I am all ears and eyes at this point.

EdCh
Ronin

Post by EdCh »

Hi!

I've been visiting tohokingdom for awhile but never joined the msg board before. I've been a fan of kaiju films since I first saw them as a kid on TV during weekend rebroadcasts. Although they frequently scared the crap out of me I couldn't quit tuning in! In later years I got into other things (comics, music, etc) but I would always go back and revisit Godzilla's filmography whenever new releases became available. In the 90s, living in NYC, certain game stores were selling actual SUBTITLED versions! That was a major moment, where I could appreciate these films as cinema and not just for nostalgia reasons.

In more recent years high quality subtitled Japanese prints have become fairly easy to come by. The Criterion Showa set is an amazing release. With more time spent at home during the pandemic I've been making it my mission to see every Toho tokusatsu film in production order. This didn't work out exactly, a few were hard to find. But it was a blast getting deep into Toho kaiju eiga and now having much more background information available through the web and the books I've collected over the years.

Anyways, I also do blogging on various genre subjects. Also published a book on one of my favorite guitarists, Allan Holdsworth. Who knows, maybe I'll do one on Godzilla someday! I do have a couple Godzilla-related articles on the web. I'll post those in a separate topic I think.
Cheers!

anthny1
Young Farmer

Post by anthny1 »

Hello everyone I am newbie here and I am glad to meet you and glad to be part of this forum.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Warm welcome to the fresh blood! Enjoy your stay at TK and watch out for snakes.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

anthny1 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:12 am Hello everyone I am newbie here and I am glad to meet you and glad to be part of this forum.
Hey bud, I can already tell you’re gonna enjoy your stay. Feel welcome to browse every nook and cranny of these forums and don’t be afraid to share your opinions, unless they’re obvious no-go’s.
For Emperor and Empire!