New member introductions!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Extreme Warhawk
GPN Volunteer

Re: New member introductions!

Post by Extreme Warhawk »

The_Saiyan_Prince wrote:Hello everyone!

Lifetime(29, Male) Godzilla fan from toys and VHS tapes in the 90s all the way up to the current films. I have one friend who is a fellow Godzilla nut but outside of him a few of my friends and my girlfriend are very "Casual" fans of the modern stuff. Very happy to find a community of fellow G-fans!
Welcome dude

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

23-year-old lifelong fan of Godzilla and other monster stuff. My Dad introduced me when I was 3, but I'm a much bigger fan than him. Have lived all over the USA and introduced a few friends to Godzilla. Went to college for screenwriting, but still haven't found work in my field because it's not easy to break into. Presently living with my best friend and doing what I can to make ends meet. Still enjoy watching Godzilla movies pretty regularly, especially right before bed.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote:23-year-old lifelong fan of Godzilla and other monster stuff. My Dad introduced me when I was 3, but I'm a much bigger fan than him. Have lived all over the USA and introduced a few friends to Godzilla. Went to college for screenwriting, but still haven't found work in my field because it's not easy to break into. Presently living with my best friend and doing what I can to make ends meet. Still enjoy watching Godzilla movies pretty regularly, especially right before bed.
Hey you’re the same age as me!
It’s weird because there’s oddly specifically a bunch of Godzilla fans on this site and in general that are all like 22-23. I wonder if some timing of the theatrical releases like G2K and the old sci-fi channel stuff has anything to do with it.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

G2K was my first movie, so probably hahaha.

Also, welcome HedorahIsBestGirl!

RIP Evan.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
HedorahIsBestGirl wrote:23-year-old lifelong fan of Godzilla and other monster stuff. My Dad introduced me when I was 3, but I'm a much bigger fan than him. Have lived all over the USA and introduced a few friends to Godzilla. Went to college for screenwriting, but still haven't found work in my field because it's not easy to break into. Presently living with my best friend and doing what I can to make ends meet. Still enjoy watching Godzilla movies pretty regularly, especially right before bed.
Hey you’re the same age as me!
It’s weird because there’s oddly specifically a bunch of Godzilla fans on this site and in general that are all like 22-23. I wonder if some timing of the theatrical releases like G2K and the old sci-fi channel stuff has anything to do with it.
Late Millennial Kaiju Squad, yee!

It was my dad and sci-fi channel too. I have well since surpassed him in my kaiju love.

Welcome, BestGirl! 10/10 username btw. ^v^
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

30-something y/o that’s been a Godzilla fan about as long as I can remember. Mixed in that with a childhood of giant robot shows (TF, Voltron, Force Five cartoons and that sort)

Kind of struggling new homeowner with not enough time to watch everything I want. And mainly here for Ultra series discussion 8-)
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Saturndusk wrote:30-something y/o that’s been a Godzilla fan about as long as I can remember. Mixed in that with a childhood of giant robot shows (TF, Voltron, Force Five cartoons and that sort)

Kind of struggling new homeowner with not enough time to watch everything I want. And mainly here for Ultra series discussion 8-)
Welcome! Great to have new people and congrats on the house! Hope you find good discussion here. c:
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Saturndusk wrote:30-something y/o that’s been a Godzilla fan about as long as I can remember. Mixed in that with a childhood of giant robot shows (TF, Voltron, Force Five cartoons and that sort)

Welcome to Toho Kingdom! Please don't take things to seriously here. :P

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

tyrantgoji wrote:

Welcome to Toho Kingdom! Please don't take things to seriously here. :P
If I took things seriously I’d be certifiable :lol:
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

pjkong
Yojimbo

Post by pjkong »

Long time lurker here. I finally decided to dive in. :D

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

pjkong wrote:Long time lurker here. I finally decided to dive in. :D
Tragic. If you'd only lurked a little longer, you'd have learned why no one should ever dive into this pit. But now... *sigh*... now, it's too late. Welcome, you poor, poor soul. :(
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

SoggyNoodles2016

Ah, you have made the same mistake I did. Glad to have you.

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Don't take those other guys comments to seriously, TK is nice once you figure out who's best to guide ya around! Welcome! :mrgreen:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Wrong thread
Last edited by G2000 on Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Bolshevik Comrade
Young Farmer

Post by Bolshevik Comrade »

Hello, I’m new to the forums but not the main site, I’m just a dude who likes to draw kaiju. I’ve been a Godzilla fan since 2004 when fw came out and only really got into Godzilla when I found cinemassacare’s Godzillathon and toho kingdom. Hopefully I’ll have a good time here.

SoggyNoodles2016

Bolshevik Comrade wrote:Hello, I’m new to the forums but not the main site, I’m just a dude who likes to draw kaiju. I’ve been a Godzilla fan since 2004 when fw came out and only really got into Godzilla when I found cinemassacare’s Godzillathon and toho kingdom. Hopefully I’ll have a good time here.

RIP Evan.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Hello, I've posted on the Monster Zero boards as lhb412 since I was a kid in '00 and it seems that rickety jalopy of a forum had finally busted.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Angilasman wrote:Hello, I've posted on the Monster Zero boards as lhb412 since I was a kid in '00 and it seems that rickety jalopy of a forum had finally busted.
Welcome to the new board! :)

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

tyrantgoji wrote:
Don't take those other guys comments to seriously, TK is nice once you figure out who's best to guide ya around! Welcome! :mrgreen:
And who to avoid.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Angilasman wrote:Hello, I've posted on the Monster Zero boards as lhb412 since I was a kid in '00 and it seems that rickety jalopy of a forum had finally busted.
Hey, welcome! Nice to see you again!

And thanks for being one of the few who keep the correct spelling of "Angilas" alive! ;)
Last edited by eabaker on Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.