New member introductions!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
JessIAm
Samurai

Re: New member introductions!

Post by JessIAm »

Howdy! I'm JessIAm (aka Jess face to face). I live near Portland, Oregon, USA. I'm a Software Quality Analyst, (I verify the program developers are writing matches the program design they are supposed to be working to). I have a degree in Math and another degree in Computer Science. I joke that my Computer Science degree got me a career, and my Math degree helps me understand Godzilla: Singular Point!

I've enjoyed the spectacle of Godzilla since I was a teen (I found it kind of scary when my age was a single digit).

I watched and very much enjoyed Knights of Sidonia. I watched Netflix Anime Godzilla movies because they reminded me of Knights of Sidonia and enjoyed them.

I caught Kaiju bug from Pacific Rim (1 & 2), and Pacific Rim: Into the Black.

After that I watched and enjoyed Shin Godzilla (I wasn't into the stereotypical US-bullying attitude of the diplomat, but all else was OK).

I then watched Godzilla (2014), Skull Island, Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019), and Godzilla vs. Kong. I'm totally hooked at this point!

I tend to watch the anime and movies without expectations, so I find them all enjoyable.
Last edited by JessIAm on Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

JessIAm wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:34 pm Howdy! I'm JessIAm (aka Jess face to face). I live near Portland, Oregon, USA. I'm a Software Quality Analyst, (I verify the program developers are writing matches the program design they are supposed to be working to). I have a degree in Math and another degree in Computer Science. I joke that my Computer Science degree got me a career, and my Math degree helps me understand Godzilla: Singular Point!

I've enjoyed the spectacle of Godzilla since I was a teen (I found it kind of scary when my age was a single digit).

I watched an very much enjoyed Knights of Sidonia. I watched Netflix Anime Godzilla movies because they reminded me of Knights of Sidonia and enjoyed them.

After that I watched and enjoyed Shin Godzilla (I wasn't into the stereotypical US-bullying attitude of the diplomat, but all else was OK).

I then watched Godzilla (2014), Skull Island, Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019), and Godzilla vs. Kong. I'm totally hooked at this point!

I tend to watch the anime and movies without expectations, so I find them all enjoyable.
Welcome to the board, Jess! And to the fandom as a whole!

I'm also in the Portland area. My wife and I moved up here a little over a year ago, but I'd been coming up here regularly ever since my parents moved here in 2006.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

JessIAm wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:34 pm Howdy! I'm JessIAm (aka Jess face to face). I live near Portland, Oregon, USA. I'm a Software Quality Analyst, (I verify the program developers are writing matches the program design they are supposed to be working to). I have a degree in Math and another degree in Computer Science. I joke that my Computer Science degree got me a career, and my Math degree helps me understand Godzilla: Singular Point!

I watched an very much enjoyed Knights of Sidonia. I watched Netflix Anime Godzilla movies because they reminded me of Knights of Sidonia and enjoyed them.

Welcome! Interesting that you're one of those rare fans that's enjoyed the full range of post-2014 Godzilla content; most people tend to be in one camp or another and dislike at least one of the new movies/series. It's always refreshing to see someone who appreciates it all! Have you seen any of the '54-2004 Japanese Godzilla films yet?
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Welcome! Glad to have a fellow Reiwa fan :)

RIP Evan.

JessIAm
Samurai

Post by JessIAm »

JAGzilla wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:21 am
JessIAm wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:34 pm Howdy! I'm JessIAm (aka Jess face to face).
Welcome! Interesting that you're one of those rare fans that's enjoyed the full range of post-2014 Godzilla content; most people tend to be in one camp or another and dislike at least one of the new movies/series. It's always refreshing to see someone who appreciates it all! Have you seen any of the '54-2004 Japanese Godzilla films yet?

I've seen them infrequently over my life. I remember seeing Son of Godzilla, and thinking he was cute.

I watched all existing classic Dr Who serials in order (which you can rent from NetFlix by DVD), which took me 1.5 years. Looks like I might have a new viewing project! LOL!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Still my dream to move the Portland area. Me and my sister went on vacation out there in 2009 & 2012 and absolutely fell in love the area (also Voodoo Donut). Hoping to go back out their in 2023 as a 40th birthday present to myself.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:49 am Still my dream to move the Portland area. Me and my sister went on vacation out there in 2009 & 2012 and absolutely fell in love the area (also Voodoo Donut). Hoping to go back out their in 2023 as a 40th birthday present to myself.
Yes! Let's built a tight Portland G-Fan network!
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

JessIAm wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:33 pm I've seen them infrequently over my life. I remember seeing Son of Godzilla, and thinking he was cute.

I watched all existing classic Dr Who serials in order (which you can rent from NetFlix by DVD), which took me 1.5 years. Looks like I might have a new viewing project! LOL!
Yeah, watching all 28 of them in order would be an undertaking. A fun one, of course, but still, haha! Well, I hope they hold up for you as well as the Reiwa and Monsterverse entries have.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

ny078
Young Farmer

Post by ny078 »

Hello, I'm a new member saying Hi to you all in my first post

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

ny078 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:34 am Hello, I'm a new member saying Hi to you all in my first post
Great to have you here!
For Emperor and Empire!

GiveBackTheSun22
Ronin

Post by GiveBackTheSun22 »

Hi! It's nice to meet you all.

Godzillaninja2019
GPN Volunteer

Post by Godzillaninja2019 »

hello i am i new her, but i been i fan of godzilla since i was 5 due to my first movie was godzilla 1985. and since then i become a fan. my favorite era of godzilla serise in order are hesia, monstervers, Reiwa, showa, and the millilenum era. i like to draw and work on improving on stop motion videos as well writhing stories.
Last edited by Godzillaninja2019 on Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShinGojiX98
Samurai

Post by ShinGojiX98 »

Hello everybody, I'm have joined this forum because I'm a very big fan of Godzilla so joined this forum I hope to talk and discuss with many others fan of Godzilla.

cyrusvaster
Ronin

Post by cyrusvaster »

Hello and nice to meet you all! I'm new here, big fan of Godzilla

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

ShinGojiX98 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:56 am Hello everybody, I'm have joined this forum because I'm a very big fan of Godzilla so joined this forum I hope to talk and discuss with many others fan of Godzilla.
What would you like to talk about relating to the series?

ShinGojiX98
Samurai

Post by ShinGojiX98 »

Gojira1604 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:06 pmWhat would you like to talk about relating to the series?
Hello, I would like discussing about what we could see in the possibile future movies of the Monsterverse and what kind of stuff the Shin Japan Heroes Universe could show.

GoKelley85
Yojimbo

Post by GoKelley85 »

Hello! I am here.

My name is Patrick and I have decided to start posting here. I recently provided details on a Godzilla related book that I am working on, but in the interest of branching outside of shameless self promotion and provide my thoughts and opinions on things Godzilla and Tokusatsu related here.

Happy to be aboard!

TGping
Young Farmer

Post by TGping »

Hi!

After years of seeing my godzilla fanart uploaded here I've decided to join so I can post it directly :) Most likely spend most of my time in the fanart forum :D Love seeing everyone's interpretations of Godzi

Thanks for approving my membership :D

fl00fmuffin
Ronin

Post by fl00fmuffin »

Hi, I'm fl00fmuffin. I used to lurk this site and Rodan's Roost around 2012ish, but never really got involved on the forums. Been wanting to get back into Godzilla and decided to come out of lurk mode.

Most kaiju films I've seen recently have been on Svengoolie. It's a hosted horror style program that often shows Showa era G films, but also King Kong, Dracula, Abbot and Costello, and other monster/B movies, from that era.

For other interests, I collect vinyl, and am currently teaching myself 8086 Assembly to program for vintage DOS computers.

BBally81
Young Farmer

Post by BBally81 »

Hi, I'm BBally81 from Egypt.