New member introductions!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: New member introductions!

Post by JAGzilla »

eabaker wrote:
Angilasman wrote:Hello, I've posted on the Monster Zero boards as lhb412 since I was a kid in '00 and it seems that rickety jalopy of a forum had finally busted.
Hey, welcome! Nice to see you again!

And thanks for being one of the few who keep the correct spelling of "Angilas" alive! ;)
Welcome aboard, Angilasman!

Also, you people are slowly converting me. 'Anguirus' is the spelling I've been most exposed to since becoming a fan in the late '90s, and it's still what I use, but I'm uncomfortably aware of it, now, and it doesn't look or feel entirely right...
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Logan268
G-Grasper

Post by Logan268 »

Hello.

GMK Godzilla
Monsterland Worker

Post by GMK Godzilla »

Hi again TK. Haven't been on this site for ages. 7 long years have passed since I was here. Lol
スロベニア :D

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

Howdy. Been lurking around here for NECA and GvK news since last year I think. I also hang around on Godzilla-Movies.com sometimes, which as I understand it already makes me some enemies around here, so I figured I'd just get that out of the way now. I like to draw, pose action figures, and apparently watch other people argue without contributing anything myself, or I wouldn't have kept coming back here. :P

Still trying to adjust my settings, but overall disappointed at the lack of Titanosaurus options here.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

If you’ve lurked in the MV and Toy forums and still wanted to join then you must really be itching to talk Godzilla.

Welcome and good luck.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Oh crap wrong forum.

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

Terasawa wrote:If you’ve lurked in the MV and Toy forums and still wanted to join then you must really be itching to talk Godzilla.

Welcome and good luck.
Honestly I just had a question about repairing one of my figures. But yes, I guess I am.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I actually posted some comments before finding out this thread existed soooo.......I've been lurking around the Toho Kingdom forums like a Great White Shark since 2011 or 2012. I've seen a lot of people come and go and a lot of hype surrounding new Godzilla movies and people arguing about certain things. I did try to create an account around 2012, but didn't know how to (I was young and stupid). It wasn't until last March when I finally decided to try again. I created this account last month, but it took four weeks for it to be activated. But, finally, here I am.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I should've done this ages ago. Anyway, hi I'm VoyagerGoji, you can call me Voyager and this is my introduction!

I was a lurker since around 2016 and I really loved Godzilla. But I never really bothered to create an account. I decided to finally join after some convincing from my friends. I joined in November but I forgot about my acc. I remembered in mid-April and that was when I posted my first post: Toho vs Daiei: Showa Villains!
For Emperor and Empire!

h3llb3nd3r
Young Farmer

Post by h3llb3nd3r »

This thread doesn't look too alive, but hey everyone! I'm h3llb3nd3r! I've been using this website since I've had internet access, and I've lurked on the forums for about a year. I've been an active member on Godzilla Amino for a few years, but I'm trying TK out for a while. I'm a Gamera fan, and I like to to draw and write. There wasn't a field under my profile for Instagram, but I post art there sometimes. Catch me @ h3llb3nd3r_studios!
My favorite Godzilla movie is GMK, my favorite kaiju movie is Gamera 3, and my favorite movie is The Thing 1982. Hope to meet some cool peeps on these forums! :D
That's SOAP!

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

h3llb3nd3r wrote: My favorite Godzilla movie is GMK, my favorite kaiju movie is Gamera 3, and my favorite movie is The Thing 1982. Hope to meet some cool peeps on these forums! :D
Welcome to the forum. I approve of all these choices.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

h3llb3nd3r
Young Farmer

Post by h3llb3nd3r »

'Preciate it!
That's SOAP!

Vinegar Joe
Ronin

Post by Vinegar Joe »

Hello!

I'm from the UK and have recently come in to possession of the Criterion Showa collection and will soon add the Arrow Gamera set when it's released in August.

I've been working my way through the Showa Godzilla films during lockdown, and I think the isolation might be driving me slightly crazy. I swear it felt like I was hallucinating during All Monsters Attack. The Gamera films might break me.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Welcome to the forums.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Vinegar Joe wrote:Hello!

I'm from the UK and have recently come in to possession of the Criterion Showa collection and will soon add the Arrow Gamera set when it's released in August.

I've been working my way through the Showa Godzilla films during lockdown, and I think the isolation might be driving me slightly crazy. I swear it felt like I was hallucinating during All Monsters Attack. The Gamera films might break me.
Welcome aboard! So I'm gathering that this is your first time seeing the Showa films. Had you seen any other kaiju films before you got that set, or is this your introduction to the genre?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Welcome to TK! And don't worry about the Gamera films, you get use to the wackiness. :P

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Vinegar Joe
Ronin

Post by Vinegar Joe »

Thanks for the warm welcome all!
JAGzilla wrote:

Welcome aboard! So I'm gathering that this is your first time seeing the Showa films. Had you seen any other kaiju films before you got that set, or is this your introduction to the genre?
Good question, far from my introduction to the genre, but life as a kaiju fan in the UK has been hard, man. I distinctly remember watching Invasion of Astro monster on TV as a kid with my dad so it must have left a G-shaped impression on my young mind.

From that day forward it was a sad tale of scrambling for whatever I could get ahold of - Destroy all Monsters (amazing) and Hedorah (WTF) on VHS, whatever Godzilla toys were available (despite the Heisei films they were based on being unreleased).

Fast forward a little bit, I'm watching TV and there's a Godzilla film I haven't seen. Sweet! Mothra. Effects seem a little better than I remember. Oh shit! There's Namco product placement and a modern Mercedes...they made new Godzilla films! Seriously, I had NO idea.

Yes, despite already owning a Heisei toy that was clearly a different design. I wasn't the sharpest tool in the box.

I picked up what was available in the UK at that time, but it was pretty pathetic. Some of the Showa films had never been released, only two Hesei films were available and absolutely ZERO Millennium. So I thought sod this for a game of soldiers and started to import what I could from the US and Asia.

Even so, the Criterion collection is my first time watching some of the Showa films. It's honestly a day I thought would never come - that all the Gamera and Godzilla Showa films would be available officially in the UK. *Salutes picture of the Queen, tear rolls down cheek*

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Vinegar Joe wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome all!
JAGzilla wrote:

Good question, far from my introduction to the genre, but life as a kaiju fan in the UK has been hard, man. I distinctly remember watching Invasion of Astro monster on TV as a kid with my dad so it must have left a G-shaped impression on my young mind.

From that day forward it was a sad tale of scrambling for whatever I could get ahold of - Destroy all Monsters (amazing) and Hedorah (WTF) on VHS, whatever Godzilla toys were available (despite the Heisei films they were based on being unreleased).

Fast forward a little bit, I'm watching TV and there's a Godzilla film I haven't seen. Sweet! Mothra. Effects seem a little better than I remember. Oh poop! There's Namco product placement and a modern Mercedes...they made new Godzilla films! Seriously, I had NO idea.

Yes, despite already owning a Heisei toy that was clearly a different design. I wasn't the sharpest tool in the box.

I picked up what was available in the UK at that time, but it was pretty pathetic. Some of the Showa films had never been released, only two Hesei films were available and absolutely ZERO Millennium. So I thought sod this for a game of soldiers and started to import what I could from the US and Asia.

Even so, the Criterion collection is my first time watching some of the Showa films. It's honestly a day I thought would never come - that all the Gamera and Godzilla Showa films would be available officially in the UK. *Salutes picture of the Queen, tear rolls down cheek*
Ah, okay. Sounds rough; we American fans have things very easy by comparison. Well, glad to see you're finally getting a big influx of kaiju content! These sets have been a fairly big deal for me, too. I hadn't seen Son of Godzilla or vs. Mechagodzilla in about fifteen years prior to getting the Criterion set, and I'll be seeing Gamera vs. Viras and Gamera the Brave for the first time through the Arrow set.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

It’s so good to see an influx of new members joining! The new members of 2020, possibly the faces of 2021!
For Emperor and Empire!

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

Not a new member, but lately I've been longing in more and more frequently. More than I have in years at this point. Just thought I'd pop in and say hi since it's been so long. Might start trying to be active and such. Hope all is well.
Resized Image