What made your day? KAI

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
G-Matt
Futurian

Re: What made your day? KAI

Post by G-Matt »

Chrispy_G wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:19 pm As of today I am OFFICIALLY the owner of a newly built 3 bedroom 2 bathroom home of my very own. I cannot describe how excited and happy I am. A lot of hard work finally paid off.
Well done!
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

We live in a world where there is a Chip and Dale movie featuring the original Sonic Movie design. Yeah, the creepy one.

For Emperor and Empire!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Prehistoric Planet's first episode was absolutely incredible.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Went to BurgerFi and saw Multiverse of Madness. :D
Last edited by JAGzilla on Thu May 26, 2022 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Negotiated a raise at work, came home, watched the first minute of Shin Ultraman and now I get to kick my feet up and chill for the night.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

My dreams, of becoming a published author are soon about to become true, within in a span of a few months. Can't say too much, but this past week was a really good push forward to that, and some other personal goals. Life is just sort of clicking together, in a rather succinct way.

Anyways, it's a Saturday Night.

But anyways, what has me in rather good spirits is:
Found the can on the left, the other night. Tastes good. I love Baltan, and I sort of want to write a whole analysis of how genius their design is, even if some of it might be explained by budgetary reasons. Other than the OG Ultraman design, and maybe a few others (Garamon/Pigmon, Red King, Meflias, Zetton), it's one of the few Ultraman designs that I think could go head-to-toe with a lot of Showa Era Godzilla designs. Baltan is just fucking cool.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Ordered one sandwich from Arbys on doordash and they sent me THREE by mistake. We eating good tonight.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 10:29 am Ordered one sandwich from Arbys on doordash and they sent me THREE by mistake. We eating good tonight.
Yooo! Now YOU got the meats.
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 5:34 am My dreams, of becoming a published author are soon about to become true, within in a span of a few months. Can't say too much, but this past week was a really good push forward to that, and some other personal goals. Life is just sort of clicking together, in a rather succinct way.
Congratulations man!
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Finland just won the ice hockey world championships for the 4th time! :D :D :D :D
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Me and my dad had a possible Bigfoot encounter last night.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:24 pm Me and my dad had a possible Bigfoot encounter last night.
Bro you can't just say this and not give us details

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Gigantis wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:26 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:24 pm Me and my dad had a possible Bigfoot encounter last night.
We were at a drop-off point in the woods that overlooked the Columbia River Gorge, nearby Larch Mountain. I made a call, for six or seven minutes nothing happened. We were just beginning to debate turning away when, down below, something made a sound. The best way I can describe it is this:

It was very low pitched, slightly drawn out, and sounded almost mournful. Like a low-pitched version of someone crying.

Whatever it was made that sound more than once, and my dad tried to record it—but it stopped the moment he got it going.

But man, was it eerie as hell to hear in the middle of the night.
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Sun May 29, 2022 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:54 pm
We were at a drop-off point in the woods that overlooked the Columbia River Gorge, nearby Larch Mountain. I made a call, for six or seven minutes nothing happened. We were just beginning to debate turning away when, down below, something made a sound. The best way I can describe it is this:

It was very low pitched, slightly drawn out, and sounded almost mournful. Like a low-pitched version of someone crying.

Whatever it was made that sound more than once, and my dad tried to record it—but it stopped the moment he got it going.

Most sound only Bigfoot encounters definitely go like that. Something sounding really animalistic yet also kinda human!

TBF though, you'd probably have an easier time deciphering what it was if your dad got a chance to record lol

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Gigantis wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:13 pm

Most sound only Bigfoot encounters definitely go like that. Something sounding really animalistic yet also kinda human!

TBF though, you'd probably have an easier time deciphering what it was if your dad got a chance to record lol
He definitely tried. It was a shame it stopped right when he started. It made the sound at least three times, and good God(zilla) did it give me cold chills.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Interesting. I would say that the first thing to do is factor in the probability of distortion due to echoing. I had my own 'Bigfoot' audio encounter a few years ago. Long, drawn out roars unlike anything I, my mom, or my brother ever heard before. We recorded it and posted it here, and several people were stumped. Then I heard the sound again later, and walked down the street to get a different angle on it. Turned out it was a dog. Echo was chaining multiple barks together to form a single 'roar.'

The second thing to do, assuming you haven't, is look up the calls of local owls. AllAboutBirds.com will be helpful with that. Owls should usually be the first suspect when hearing strange nocturnal vocalizations.They do a lot more than just hoot, and are absolutely responsible for the majority of 'human screams' and 'Bigfoot calls' heard at night. My sister thought there was an evil clown cackling outside her window a few months ago, and it ended up being a barred owl.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Saw the first 2 episodes of Stranger Things 4. Very good stuff. New villain is badass too.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

More of a small day-brightener, but I was sitting down for lunch at work, alone in the photo lab because I'm reclusive like that, and was annoyed because I wanted to watch a video on my phone, but the printer was running and was obnoxiously loud. The exact second I started the video, the printer shuts down. What are the odds?

EDIT: Aaand it's running again. :roll:
Last edited by JAGzilla on Sun May 29, 2022 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

JAGzilla wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:14 pm

Interesting. I would say that the first thing to do is factor in the probability of distortion due to echoing. I had my own 'Bigfoot' audio encounter a few years ago. Long, drawn out roars unlike anything I, my mom, or my brother ever heard before. We recorded it and posted it here, and several people were stumped. Then I heard the sound again later, and walked down the street to get a different angle on it. Turned out it was a dog. Echo was chaining multiple barks together to form a single 'roar.'

The second thing to do, assuming you haven't, is look up the calls of local owls. AllAboutBirds.com will be helpful with that. Owls should usually be the first suspect when hearing strange nocturnal vocalizations. They do a lot more than just hoot, and are absolutely responsible for the majority of 'human screams' and 'Bigfoot calls' heard at night. My sister thought there was an evil clown cackling outside her window a few months ago, and it ended up being a barred owl.
I was thinking of doing the same thing.

My mom has a bird app on her tablet that has ass-tons of info on birds of North America, including all their variations of calls. Using it, I'll look up all the calls of any owls local to Oregon and see if any of them match what I heard.

Also, fun little story: around six months ago, my dad and I were hiking in another trail at night, and in the darkness a screech owl screamed at us. Scared the absolute living shit out of us.

Weird little dinosaurs, those owls. They can be adorable, but sometimes they're just plain skreeonking mean.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ Probably the Merlin app, I assume? I just got that recently, and yeah, it's very useful.

I'm on kind of a Marvel kick today, and I discovered the existence of the Epic Collection TPBs. I had to pin my wallet under a cinder block to keep it from running away.

It looks like I'm a few years late to the party and some of the older ones are OOP and pricy, but at least I'll be able to get some of the original Marvel classics in color. I'll probably start with the Fantastic Four; I have basically no experience with their comics.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Took a little trip to the vicinity near Mt. Saint Helens. Did a little bit of a hike. And the sky stayed overcast the entire time.

Saw a raven having a go at a bald eagle on the way back.