What made your day? KAI

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What made your day? KAI

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

With the release of Shin Ultraman , Godzilla vs Kong getting a sequel, that untitled Yamazaki kaiju film, Shin Kamen rider, another possible upcoming Godzilla announcement, the IDW comics, and a bunch of other crazy and creative shit, I cannot help but think we are still riding that very strong wave of the genre being in a platinum age, that we really haven’t experienced since the 90’s, in terms of content and things coming out.

It’s funny because I thought 2021 would be the craziest year for Godzilla, but the momentum doesn’t seem to be slowing down.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Although to be fair, the Kong sequel, Shin Kamen Rider and the Yamazaki film don't come out this year.

In terms of actual RELEASED media, there really isn't much going on.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

The new Mountain Dew Code Red packaging features a monster that looks an awful lot like Gamera.

Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ Well, that's really neat. What a random, unlikely place to find a Gamera reference.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:30 pm The new Mountain Dew Code Red packaging features a monster that looks an awful lot like Gamera.

MTN Dew Gamera vs. Coca Cola Gorosaurus when?

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

^ throw in Coke Soundwave why not
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:19 am ^ throw in Coke Soundwave why not
I'll raise you a Kokanee Beer Nagano Godzilla:

Kokanee Godzilla: MTN Dew Gamera, Coca-Cola Soundwave and Gorosaurus: All Out Beverage Attack

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:30 pm The new Mountain Dew Code Red packaging features a monster that looks an awful lot like Gamera.

Oh yeah that's a Gamera homage alright. I wonder if Kadokawa has seen it yet. :lol:
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Being the avaid dog and animal lover I am. My worker was driving me home and saw a dog on the side way. After she dropped me off, I decided to go down there to make sure the dog wasn't lost.

Fortunately enough, turned out to be a worker's dog who was at the house the dog was next to. What a relief as I want the best for all dogs.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed May 18, 2022 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

I got to take three posters from a local cinema.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Maverick Centigrade wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:43 am

Oh yeah that's a Gamera homage alright. I wonder if Kadokawa has seen it yet. :lol:
If they had seen it, we'd know it.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

G-Matt wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:14 pm I got to take three posters from a local cinema.
What are they???
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

eabaker wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 3:14 pm
G-Matt wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:14 pm I got to take three posters from a local cinema.
What are they???
- No Time to Die (with one of the older release dates)
- Tale of the Sleeping Giants
- Belle
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

mikelcho wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:45 pm
Maverick Centigrade wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:43 am

If they had seen it, we'd know it.
To be honest, that looks A LOT like the mutant turtle Tokka from the second live action TMNT movie.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Tokka was spikier and didn't have tusks, though.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Had a meet and greet last night with the cast and crew of a project I'm directing next month, which went super well. It was a very chill environment, everybody hit it off really well, and they're all very excited about the project; I think it's gonna be a really creative, fun set. Two of the leads are people I'd never met before (one was cast on a recommendation, the other because I saw her in a play and immediately envisioned her in the role), and both of them are enthusiastic and had good questions and ideas about their characters. Also, the two of them are playing mother and daughter, and seeing them side by side I could definitely believe that they're related.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Brother and sis-in-law were finally in town staying for the month to attend some weddings. Finally got the experience to finally meet my little princess aka niece for the first time bonding with her.

And coincidentally enough today marked her three-month birthday. Couldn't ask for better timing. ^_^

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Was tracking my way through Godzilla videos on YouTube before rediscovering this little gem! Anyone remember seeing this movie?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Im going to a Ghost concert in September!

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

As of today I am OFFICIALLY the owner of a newly built 3 bedroom 2 bathroom home of my very own. I cannot describe how excited and happy I am. A lot of hard work finally paid off.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."