Godzilla Youtubers

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla Youtubers

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Dino-Mario wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:56 pm
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:13 pm I absolutely loved the episodes I saw. Only reason I don't watch the main show anymore is that it would be weird for me to watch it while knowing that the finale was already released. That's also why I'm so split on watching any MCU flicks post-Endgame.
Ooh, that's understandable, still MIB has expanded his content and also makes movie, tv, toy, video game and anime reviews (Orga's reviews are the best), has started to make top 5 style videos in a self-parody format and also has a section called "Playtime" where he showcases obscure and often plain-out eccentric Godzilla merchandise.
I know. That's why I watch him now. Still hoping that there's a rerelease of Microman but with the figures already suited up. A seamlessly-articulated Godzilla figure would be amazing.

THECRAZEBLING
G-Force Personnel

Post by THECRAZEBLING »

This is possibly a dead topic but I honestly found UltramanCronos to be bittersweet at best. On one hand, he was one of the OG godzilla youtube toy reviewers I remember watching, along with another now tarnished individual... I'm tempering my own thoughts on Cronos for the sake of civility, considering he seems to have retired from the internet to presumably focus on life, and considering my own dealings with him in the past, though my own nonexistent social skills didn't help much in the slightest; I personally found Cronos to not be a fun person to be around no matter how much I WANTED to be cool with him. Then again my mid-teen self's ass having complained over being blocked on youtube ad nauseum didn't help either, among a cavalcade of other behaviors I did that annoyed the living shit out of folks back in the day.

He made it clear to me that he was a no-nonsense individual who didn't have time for foolisheness, and I had a lot of foolishness in my dealings with Cronos. If you were on the kaiju collector forum he also administrated, you would probably cringe at some of the garbage I used to post on there before I was banned, though it was around less than a decade ago and even though I've done my best to behave towards people and try reading the room a lot better, I just feel like his perception of me was long since tarnished long ago and he had maintained avoiding me like the plague and it was his way of shutting me out and others that really damaged my perception of some aspects of the communities that he and other people like him were a part of. It made me feel like it was just full of elitist, "you screw up you're out of here" kind of people.

Cool video maker, unfun person to hang out with unless you were already almost FLAWLESS with social skills/cues. Idk if he still hangs out around here anymore, but that's all I can really say about him for the most part.
Last edited by THECRAZEBLING on Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My YouTube
Jiragozira14 wrote:Bagan is never. getting. a. toy.
"...that one didn't age quite so well."

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Dude always seemed severely overconfident and arrogant in his toy reviews when I was growing up. NickJownz was cool but dude went ghost out of nowhere.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

THECRAZEBLING
G-Force Personnel

Post by THECRAZEBLING »

_JNavs_ wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:29 pm Dude always seemed severely overconfident and arrogant in his toy reviews when I was growing up. NickJownz was cool but dude went ghost out of nowhere.
NJ operates under CasualToast mostly on twitter now.
My YouTube

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

THECRAZEBLING wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:02 pm
Cool video maker, unfun person to hang out with unless you were already almost FLAWLESS with social skills/cues. Idk if he still hangs out around here anymore, but that's all I can really say about him for the most part.
You sure you're talking about the same guy, lol? He and I used to chat all the time back in the day and we never had an issue. And you don't get much more "act a fool" than me back then lol.

On the subject at hand, there isn't a single kaiju Youtuber I actively follow. Mainly because they are ALL the SAME thing. No one dives into past merchandise or details and mainly only focus on current events that, let's be honest here, we get from much more reliable sources. And when they do dabble into older stuff, its always the same thing, an MMS, Trendmasters or X-Plus.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

Anyone remembering Godzillafilms and his many Ultraman and Godzilla videos? They may not have been the best quality wise but they surely are very nostalgic to me. Truly admired the amount of stuff he had and always wanted to make movies like him (yeah, I was a small boi who had no idea that making good special effects ain't that hard)

THECRAZEBLING
G-Force Personnel

Post by THECRAZEBLING »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:21 am
You sure you're talking about the same guy, lol? He and I used to chat all the time back in the day and we never had an issue. And you don't get much more "act a fool" than me back then lol.
I'd be lying if I wasn't. I'm pretty sure you possibly had a better time picking up social cues and reading the room for Frank a lot better than I did, and I HIGHLY doubt you were anywhere as irritating as I was back in the day. I'm surprised he was more chill with anyone outside of the immediate 4-Heavenly-King circle he had with Kyle, John and Nick.
Last edited by THECRAZEBLING on Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My YouTube

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Wonder why Cronos was so sour all the time to his fans. Even during those figure reviews.

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

Sooo... anybody else here who heard about Deadzilla being a predator?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Yeah. I loved how he did Godzilla Forever so it's a shame he turned out to be absolute pond scum.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I think it's a bit too much to have considered Deadzilla a "pedestal above the rest in the Godzilla community" prior to these horrendous actions.

The reason why anyone even enjoyed his Godzilla content was because he did what we all did, but with an audience.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Dramorg wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:48 am Anyone remembering Godzillafilms and his many Ultraman and Godzilla videos? They may not have been the best quality wise but they surely are very nostalgic to me. Truly admired the amount of stuff he had and always wanted to make movies like him (yeah, I was a small boi who had no idea that making good special effects ain't that hard)
I was a fan of his videos back in the day, and I remember binging some of the series he'd made over time. A shame he seemingly deleted everything.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

_JNavs_ wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:20 pm I think it's a bit too much to have considered Deadzilla a "pedestal above the rest in the Godzilla community" prior to these horrendous actions.

The reason why anyone even enjoyed his Godzilla content was because he did what we all did, but with an audience.
Mm, maybe so, to an extent. But I suppose that among the Godzilla community, particularly the millennial generation, he has...or had, a special place. Many from that time period, myself included, watched some of his earliest stuff. Saw it on day of release, watched his skill grow, wanted to see more of his stories and speculated on where it would go next; essentially watched him and some other now mostly vanished Godzilla Youtubers pioneer Godzilla stop motion fan films on the internet. Before Monsterarts and all these other "more sophisticated" figures and even full on animations came along he was as good as it got really. And in that turn I'm sure inspired many, many people to try at stop motion and other fan material themselves.

Only guy I can think of that's still around and somewhat active in that field from that time period is SabufanX.
Resized Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:33 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:20 pm I think it's a bit too much to have considered Deadzilla a "pedestal above the rest in the Godzilla community" prior to these horrendous actions.

Mm, maybe so, to an extent. But I suppose that among the Godzilla community, particularly the millennial generation, he has...or had, a special place. Many from that time period, myself included, watched some of his earliest stuff. Saw it on day of release, watched his skill grow, wanted to see more of his stories and speculated on where it would go next; essentially watched him and some other now mostly vanished Godzilla Youtubers pioneer Godzilla stop motion fan films on the internet. Before Monsterarts and all these other "more sophisticated" figures and even full on animations came along he was as good as it got really. And in that turn I'm sure inspired many, many people to try at stop motion and other fan material themselves.

Only guy I can think of that's still around and somewhat active in that field from that time period is SabufanX.
I'm 20, born in 2000, so I'm exactly who you'd be referring too. I've seen the rise and fall of Deadzilla, Nickjownz and UltramanCronos. They all had those select few videos that everybody gave them credit for, so I give them that. But real fluid stop-motion has always existed on YT, they only implemented vinyls to the mix. I can agree that they inspired even me to try my hand at stop motion growing up. But to say they're "a pedestal within the godzilla community" as a whole? Meh, maybe the toy community at large.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

YouTube has changed a lot; there was a time when typing in "Godzilla Stop Motion" would yield less than 15 pages of results, and you could watch all of them in a single afternoon. There also seemed to be a lot more communication/constructive criticism between creators and you weren't doing it for the sake of views but because you simply enjoyed partaking in the hobby. You'd swap animation tips/figure recommendations and the environment just felt a lot more chill. But there were also a lot less people, so I guess that played a part. I do think that monetization encouraged a lot of outlandish behavior/personalities.

I never saw the appeal for guys like Deadzilla or UltramanCronos, who made subpar content and bullied channels that they were intimidated by (GodzillaFilms). They always came off as a bit gatekeepy to me. The over-reliance on green screen/After Effects was the other reason I left; it made every video look exactly the same and there was a lot less variety. People don't even mix up the type of figures they use all that much, which was something I always enjoyed about different content.

On the flip side, figure reviews have improved somewhat. Even if I don't like the "YouTuber" vibe that so many of them have now, they do a pretty good job all around.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Just recently I had the revelation that most Godzilal youtubers are insufferable. There are exceptions like MIB and Vrahno, but fandom youtubers in general suck.
For Emperor and Empire!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Voyager wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:29 am Just recently I had the revelation that most Godzilal youtubers are insufferable. There are exceptions like MIB and Vrahno, but fandom youtubers in general suck.
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. All this talk about Deadzilla and I'm just like:

I have yet to see ANY video from any Godzilla youtuber that showed stuff or gave info that wasn't common knowledge in the fandom for a long ass time, and yet sit there and act like its breaking news. DangerVile's dumbass, click bait videos getting spammed in various facebook groups is more than enough to make me clearly, 100% surely say I can not wait for the channel to die.

And don't take this as an attack on fans that just make casual videos to post opinions or try and "teach new kids", I'm talking about channels that post garbage like "WHY THE HEISEI ERA ENDED! NOW WE KNOW!!!!" and "WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GODZILLA 1998 SEQUEL!!!!!!!!???"
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:03 pm
And don't take this as an attack on fans that just make casual videos to post opinions or try and "teach new kids", I'm talking about channels that post garbage like "WHY THE HEISEI ERA ENDED! NOW WE KNOW!!!!" and "WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GODZILLA 1998 SEQUEL!!!!!!!!???"
You thought dangerVille was bad. than stay away from Alteori she is much worse and barely put any effort into her videos, at least I can say that danger Ville actually puts some sort of effort with the editing, with her it’s basically level of editing and she’s been using that for years now
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

This is current YouTube in general. Outrageous behavior/opinions are rewarded because they bring clicks, so all of the actual quality content is buried by tabloid-esque garbage.

But once you stop going on YouTube, you'll notice that a majority of those channels are irrelevant outside of their bubble because very few people tolerate that behavior anywhere else.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:20 pm
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:03 pm
You thought dangerVille was bad. than stay away from Alteori she is much worse and barely put any effort into her videos, at least I can say that danger Ville actually puts some sort of effort with the editing, with her it’s basically level of editing and she’s been using that for years now
See my above .gif.

Never heard of her, so I don't care and I'll never click on most Godzilla-related YT links unless its an official channel or coming from someone actually reputable in the fandom - Or unless its something goofy and meme related or a neat piece of fan work, there's a lot of cool fan animations buried out there.

People like DangerVille are just trying to use this fandom to make a living. That's why they're laser focused on making content they know ill informed people will always click/share despite their content being rat piss. It wouldn't be so bad and I wouldn't be so salty if they were making high quality content, but no, we get dreck like "THE VILLIAN OF GODZILLA 3, SPACEGODZILLA, EXPLAINED!!!!" or some stupid shit like that.

Not going to lie here, yes, I have thought about starting up my own channel for a while. But let's be honest... I'm a bit of an asshole. And I know I'd end up calling these fuckers out and prolly getting shut down within a year. That, and I have no idea about video editing and recording, etc.

Quote of the Year: