Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
goji89
Sazer

Re: Official News topic

Post by goji89 »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:15 am I'm sure the prop person just handed him the gun and said "here ya go, you're gtg" and now he's got a skreeonkin body on him. Not only did he fire the gun but he's producing the film which means lots of people (and the press) are going to easily assume all the blame lies with him. A friend also pointed out how big on gun control he is. He's probably tearing himself apart.
Yeah, it must suck going through this.

Great to see ya again Major.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

And now IATSE is saying that it wasn't a misfired blank, it was an actual live round in the gun.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

The director has apparently already been released from the hospital.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

goji89 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:26 am
Yeah, it must suck going through this.

Great to see ya again Major.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

goji89 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:46 pm Who knew

https://www.yahoo.com/news/remembering- ... 54699.html
Lol, did any of those "journalists" actually read the documents?

Here's the original document in question.
Page 189 wrote:No funds are provided and no funds can be used to support gain-of-function research covered under the October 17, 2014 White House Announcement (NIH Guide Notice NOT-OD-15-011). funds are provided and no funds can be used to support gain-of-function research covered under the October 17, 2014 White House Announcement (NIH Guide Notice NOT-OD-15-011).
And here's NIH Guide Notice NOT-OD-15-011
On October 17, 2014, the U.S. Government announced that it would be instituting a funding pause on gain-of-function research projects that reasonably may be anticipated to confer attributes to influenza, MERS, or SARS viruses such that the resulting virus has enhanced pathogenicity and/or transmissibility (via the respiratory route) in mammals. In addition to the funding pause, the U.S. Government will undertake a deliberative process to assess the potential benefits and risks associated with these types of studies. The results of the deliberative process will assist the U.S. Government in developing a framework that will guide future funding decisions.
The "smoking gun" literally stated that funding for gain-of-function research is prohibited, as well as those intended to increase viral pathogenicity. Which is exactly what Fauci told Congress. These funds were meant to be used to study the naturally occurring coronaviruses in China, and no experiments with the intention of making these viruses more dangerous were allowed.

Besides, did anyone actually read Dr. Tabak's "incriminating letter"?
It is important to state at the outset that published genomic data demonstrate that the bat coronavirus studied under the NIH grant to EcoHealth Alliance, Inc. and subaward to the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) are not and could not have become SARS-CoV-2. Both the progress report and the analysis attached here again confirm that conclusion, as the sequences of the viruses are genetically very distant.
Womp womp. Another failed cancel attempt.

Anyways, on a happier note, CDC study shows Pfizer Covid vaccine is 93% effective against hospitalization in 12- to 18-year-olds
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Lol

I'm not stating nor standing by anything, but you going on some tangent because you supposedly "got" me is pretty much where I see people like you going with it.

All I said was, who knew? And not in a "See, this is why x is bad so forth".

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Goji and Spirt Ghidorah maybe you to should try the ignore feature for just a little big. The news thread always ends up like this between you two and I would hate for the mods and admins to come in here issuing warning again.

At this point you two are like the real Godzilla and Ghidorah.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

miguelnuva wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:53 am Goji and Spirt Ghidorah maybe you to should try the ignore feature for just a little big. The news thread always ends up like this between you two and I would hate the mods and admis to come in here issuing warning again.

At this point you two are like the real Godzilla and Ghidorah.
Perfect observation bruh.... :lol:

You know what, just because you made me laugh I'll step back.

See ya.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Fuck this, I’m temporary locking this thread for at least a week or two. Sick and tired of the back-and-forth from both sides of the aisle.

There’s better places to get your news than a goddamn Godzilla website for crying out loud.

Any other staff members wanna message me and discuss how we’re going to arrange this, go right ahead but for now temp. locking so people can calm the fuck down.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Okay, so. With the current escalation of events in Ukraine, we are going to be reopening this topic for discussion.

However, I have to formally request everyone stays calm, cool, and collected; even in these extreme times and situations. Flame baiting, spam, harassing, wishes of death, deliberate spreading of misinformation for the lulz, or any basic rule breaking could be subject to an instant warning, as opposed to any verbals.

This chat has historically been rather volatile, and none of us are particularly thrilled about having to open it again. But I feel that it's rather important right now.

Again, please, be respectful. Any issues with users or situations at hand, either report so a staff member can check on it or private message any of us and we will address it. Or, email me personally and I'll handle it.

Hope everyone is happy, healthy, and safe.
Last edited by Maritonic on Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

So it begins...

Here comes the fearmongers claiming WWIII has begun.

We're more like to have another Cold War rather than the above honestly. Even then I'm seeing this as more of an economic war.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:05 am Even then I'm seeing this as more of an economic war.
https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/

Just an economic war.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Never the less. I'm praying for Ukraine for the best and those living there try to stay safe as much they can.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Scary fuckin times. Kinda doesn't feel real. I feel terrible saying this as the Ukraine actually has to experience a Russian invasion.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:45 am Scary skreeonkin times. Kinda doesn't feel real. I feel terrible saying this as the Ukraine actually has to experience a Russian invasion.
Yeah, it's crazy how legitimately terrifying it is. Russia claims not to have any intent on hurting civilians, but they've been lying throughout this entire ordeal, and already actions they've taken say otherwise. They have no regard for the people there. You can see the en-mass exodus to Western Ukraine and it's scary.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

So what's Russia's reason for doing this? Trying to reclaim Ukraine as it was back during the Soviet Union?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:07 am So what's Russia's reason for doing this? Trying to reclaim Ukraine as it was back during the Soviet Union?
Putin made direct reference to the Russian Empire or something in one of his speeches. While I'm sure the Ukraine USSR history is a partial goal, it's totally just, "lets grab more land and expand", and return to an age of imperialism. There also seems to be a growing fear by Russia of Eastern European countries, such as the Ukraine, joining NATO and other Western Alliances. That's what is particularly worrisome. If this doesn't end quickly, in a few days, or withdrawal, it'll risk moving on beyond the borders of Ukraine and into the rest of Europe.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

And, if effectively nothing is done about this, it'll likely bolden China to do the same with Taiwan.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:07 am So what's Russia's reason for doing this? Trying to reclaim Ukraine as it was back during the Soviet Union?
I saw one video a while back claiming that Russia wants a buffer zone. Moscow is dangerously close to their western border and vulnerable if a war with the West ever breaks out. Ukraine provides a few hundred extra miles of breathing room.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio