What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by eabaker »

Chris55 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:03 am Had a dear relative pass away from pulmonary fibrosis today.
I'm very sorry to hear that, Chris.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Beast Blood wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:09 am I bought a lock for my door because I'm tired of my parents disrespecting my space and messing with my things while I'm at work, only to find out it doesn't fit the door. It's gotten to the point where I have to downright hide my figures and plushies to get my parents to stop giving them to the kids. The building sets coming back to me with missing pieces is especially frustrating when they're expensive AF and I spend hours putting them together. Gonna have to look for another solution that isn't talking to my parents, because that never worked, nor will it ever. They plainly just don't care.
Jesus, good luck with that. It gets on my nerves when parents don't respect their child's space and personal items.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

First time I’ve seen my grandfather show his true side. Paranoid and threatening. My grandmother wants to go out to a suburb towards the inner city at night with her friends, and my grandfather doesn’t like that at all. Saying he’s going to be attacked, mugged, etc. By bikies (biker gangs) and 14 year olds no less.
For Emperor and Empire!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Voyager wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:01 am First time I’ve seen my grandfather show his true side. Paranoid and threatening. My grandmother wants to go out to a suburb towards the inner city at night with her friends, and my grandfather doesn’t like that at all. Saying he’s going to be attacked, mugged, etc. By bikies (biker gangs) and 14 year olds no less.
I mean, a good chunk of muggings do take place in the inner city at night. I feel like it's fine to be prepared if that happens, but he shouldn't be threatening your grandmother like that.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

My sister-in-law passed away late last night.

This isn't exactly surprising. She's been in extremely poor health for nearly a decade, most recently she's been in the hospital since early March, and while in her latest coma she suffered severe brain damage that severely damaged her memory (both long- and short-term), she hasn't been taking her medications, she hasn't been eating enough to sustain her body, and she'd officially been placed on hospice care and the instructions were not to resuscitate.

It looks as though, in the end, her heart gave out. It seems to have happened in her sleep, with her boyfriend asleep in a char beside her. Her nurse found her while doing midnight rounds.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

eabaker wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:07 am My sister-in-law passed away late last night.

This isn't exactly surprising. She's been in extremely poor health for nearly a decade, most recently she's been in the hospital since early March, and while in her latest coma she suffered severe brain damage that severely damaged her memory (both long- and short-term), she hasn't been taking her medications, she hasn't been eating enough to sustain her body, and she'd officially been placed on hospice care and the instructions were not to resuscitate.

It looks as though, in the end, her heart gave out. It seems to have happened in her sleep, with her boyfriend asleep in a char beside her. Her nurse found her while doing midnight rounds.
I'm really sorry for your loss.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

eabaker wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:07 am My sister-in-law passed away late last night.

I'm very sorry for your loss, Evan.

Mat she have some peace

RIP Evan.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Beast Blood wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:09 am I bought a lock for my door because I'm tired of my parents disrespecting my space and messing with my things while I'm at work, only to find out it doesn't fit the door. It's gotten to the point where I have to downright hide my figures and plushies to get my parents to stop giving them to the kids. The building sets coming back to me with missing pieces is especially frustrating when they're expensive AF and I spend hours putting them together. Gonna have to look for another solution that isn't talking to my parents, because that never worked, nor will it ever. They plainly just don't care.
Ok, I am going to try to respond to this as objectively as possible because I've been on both sides, though it has been a long time. I was 22 when I finally was able to move from home. I had been been given several options to be roomates with friends etc... from the time I finished High School, but I never wanted that. I always wanted my own place to start out with. So I am not looking down on anyone who still lives with their parents as a young adult, and 22 was when it became financially viable for me. However, as of the age of 19, I paid rent to my parents, and paid for all my own clothes, food etc, in addition to paying for college. My parents however didn't violate my space, or give away my things to others, as I had no siblings, so yeah, that is unfortunate. It is also unfortunate that you feel you cannot reach out to your parents by talking. Perhaps if there is a family member or friend you ALL respect that can act as mediator? I mean mine were not the best, but I could reason with them, and them with me.

Fast forwarding now to the present. I am 45 and my kids are 15 and 16. I appreciate they have been especially patient during this pandemic, but now that they are both fully vaccinated, they are starting to go out again with their friends, and things are starting to get better. We keep open doors in our home with a few exceptions 1.If one of them is studying for school and they want quiet. 2. If any of us is sick 3. My daughter is allowed to keep her bedroom door closed at night if she wishes (for privacy). Yes my son is not extended the same privilege, but he understands why. It's not a lack of trust, but it's just respect for her as his sister. We still always ask to enter, even when the door is wide open. They BOTH only got mobile phones just about 2 years ago, however, I fully pay for them, so we had a LONG family discussion before hand, they understand that my access to their phones is without question, and at any time. They knew this going in, and it was "part of the deal" so to speak. However, I've only checked my sons phone twice, and my daughters maybe once, not because I didn't trust them, but I wanted to make sure nobody was inappropriately contacting them, and of course, all was good no issues. I'm not saying my kids are perfect, and certainly neither am I.

Basically what finally motivated me to move from home was achieving specific goals, and coming to the realization, that I could fare better on my own, and my personal happiness would increase. Now I'm not saying just to move out with anybody, lord knows there are a ton of bad situations that can happen. Another reason why I didn't want to move in with friends is I believed those friendships would end because we would be too close, too often. I've seen it happen many times. However if there is a particular friend(s), or other family member perhaps that is an option you may consider it. It sounds like a LOT of the frustration would be remedied if you remove yourself from the situation. Again just a suggestion, I hope it all works out for you.
Last edited by o.supreme on Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Sorry for your loss. May she rest in peace.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Thank you, guys.

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

I don't have enough money to move out, even if I worked 40 hours a week. The only friends I trust live in different countries, or in the same country but in a different province. And thanks to my anxiety and SzPD, it's exceedingly difficult to form relationships with people, so having a roommate is more or less out of the question. The best friend I have is my parrot, and I can't find a single place that accepts him. And even with my troubles with relationships, when I'm left all on my own, I still start feeling lonely - and the loneliness makes my mind go to pretty dark places.

I don't know what to do.

Edit: And I do help pay the rent; it's partly why I'm so triggered with my parents messing with my things.

Edit 2: It just occurred to me that people I don't RP with pretty much only ever see me whine in this thread. Lmao.
Last edited by Beast Blood on Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I'm back....... Phuck.
Last edited by goji89 on Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

goji89 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:25 pm I'm back....... Phuck.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

goji89 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:25 pm I'm back....... Phuck.
Wake the fuck up, bio-samurai. You got a fourm to shitpost.

(But too a reasonable extent, still a mod)

RIP Evan.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Decided to download Twitter today to follow some cool artists and stuff. Immediately bombarded by some nice mood ruining politics and news of ecological disasters.

How people manage to stay on that site for more than ~7.8 picoseconds and not feel like shit is absolutely beyond me. :?
Last edited by Jermobooka on Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Jermobooka wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:05 pm Decided to download Twitter today to follow some cool artists and stuff. Immediately bombarded by some nice mood ruining politics and news of ecological disasters.

How people manage to stay on that site for more than ~7.8 picoseconds and not feel like shit is absolutely beyond me. :?
Just accept the fact the world is doomed, and it's all good. Eventually you become lethargic to it.
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Twitter is a cesspool.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:20 pm Twitter is a cesspool.
Resized Image
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Jermobooka wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:05 pm Decided to download Twitter today to follow some cool artists and stuff. Immediately bombarded by some nice mood ruining politics and news of ecological disasters.

Remember that like 90% of all Tweets come from like 10% of the users on there. Twitter isn't reality. I've never created an account and never will.

A friend of mine unplugged recently from everything. No news, no social media, no anything for 2 weeks. He said it was so refreshing and so nice not to see all the bullshit play out on a daily basis and just focus on other things.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Heard such a horrific and tragic story in the news.

Five-week-old boy mauled to death by family dog on NSW Central Coast

What makes it even worse is that the family knew it was violent, as it turns out that the same dog had mauled another dog to death
Last edited by Voyager on Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!