General Fan Confessions

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Kiryu2012
Xilien Halfling

Re: General Fan Confessions

Post by Kiryu2012 »

This is literally me in regards to Metroid:

I never played any of the games, I only know about the series thanks to Super Smash Bros., and while I am familiar with the lore and characters for the most part (Ridley's my favorite character), I don't know everything about it.

In fact, a lot of Nintendo games (Star Fox, Earthbound, F-Zero, etc.) I only know about thanks to growing up with the Smash Bros series.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy poop man.
My DA

Major sssspielberg!
JXSDF Technician

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Kiryu2012 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:03 pm This is literally me in regards to Metroid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7kp6tRgYSo
I never played any of the games, I only know about the series thanks to Super Smash Bros., and while I am familiar with the lore and characters for the most part (Ridley's my favorite character), I don't know everything about it.

In fact, a lot of Nintendo games (Star Fox, Earthbound, F-Zero, etc.) I only know about thanks to growing up with the Smash Bros series.
Same here. My parents were older and kept video games out of the house until I was older so I missed out on pretty much all the classic Nintendo titles.
Last edited by GodzillavsJason on Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:xilien: :xilien: :xilien: Join me in.... Escape! :xilien: :xilien: :xilien:

Jermobooka
G-Grasper

Post by Jermobooka »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:39 pm
Kiryu2012 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:03 pm This is literally me in regards to Metroid:

Same here. My parents were older and kept video games out of the house until I was older so I missed out on pretty much all the classic Nintendo titles.
Both of you need to get Metroid Dread when it comes out. It looks fantastic and it’s also beginner friendly.
Last edited by GodzillavsJason on Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Franchise is easy to get into as they all work as stand alone games. There is a story but it really isn't important. I suggest playing Metroid Zero Mission first, as it's easy to emulate. Super Metroid is usually called one of the best video games ever, and it certainly is, but I personally think some design choices make the game obtuse. Then there's Metroid: Samus Returns, a remake of Metroid 2 on the 3DS that is fantastic and polished. It serves as a welcome intro to the franchise too. Metroid Fusion is an all time great, but would benefit from playing the prior games first.

TLDR: Play Zero Mission first if you want.

If not though, they said Dread would work well for beginners too. I trust them. The franchise has a lot of cool elements that are worth getting into.
Last edited by GodzillavsJason on Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.