What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
goji89
Sazer

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by goji89 »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:55 pm We had to put my cat, Brandy, to sleep. She has been having problems for the past couple of days and my dad decided to take her to the vet and get it over with. As I'm writing this, It's been over an hour since she has passed. First our dog died last February and now our cat.
*Bro hug*

I know that feeling all too well. I had to put my dog down about two weeks ago myself. He was my best friend for about a decade. He was there when my children were born and why my wife married me *He liked me and didn't bark at me lol* was my late snack buddy and hell my drinking buddy. I still miss him so much, but it's for the best for her/he and for you guy's as well. I was there as they put in that final shot and it's the worst but it's also a happy moment knowing that they won't suffer anymore. May your kitty rest peacefully bro, and may you as well get peace of mind through this.

It'll be alright, you'll be alright.

Voyager
Futurian

Post by Voyager »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:55 pm We had to put my cat, Brandy, to sleep. She has been having problems for the past couple of days and my dad decided to take her to the vet and get it over with. As I'm writing this, It's been over an hour since she has passed. First our dog died last February and now our cat.
I’m so sorry to hear that. Losing two beloved pets in the same year must be gut-wrenching. I’m giving you all my sympathies.
We'll meet again
Don't know where
Don't know when
But I know we'll meet again some sunny day…

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

It's really skreeonked up... I have my puppy ashes next me. Losing a pet sucks.
Last edited by goji89 on Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

My thoughts are with both of you, and your families. I had to put down my childhood dog nearly eight years ago -- he was in the advanced stages of a bone disorder and he was no longer able to walk. I haven't been able to forgive myself for not being with him as he passed, although I was offered that opportunity. It's still devastating to think about, and although I have another dog now who I love just as dearly, I'll always miss my old guy, and always regret that I wasn't there for him in his last moments.

Anyway, I say all that to preface this poem I discovered not longer after his death. It's heart-wrenching, but beautiful, and the loveliest tribute to a lost pet I've ever seen. It helped me as I grieved, and I hope it will help you guys as well. Have a good cry, recall the lovely memories, and you'll stay strong.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Terasawa wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:07 pm-snip-

:cry:

That was... uh pretty damn good.

Thank you.
Last edited by goji89 on Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

CrimsonBloodX
Interpol Agent

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

goji89 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:27 pm
*Bro hug*

I know that feeling all too well. I had to put my dog down about two weeks ago myself. He was my best friend for about a decade. He was there when my children were born and why my wife married me *He liked me and didn't bark at me lol* was my late snack buddy and hell my drinking buddy. I still miss him so much, but it's for the best for her/he and for you guy's as well. I was there as they put in that final shot and it's the worst but it's also a happy moment knowing that they won't suffer anymore. May your kitty rest peacefully bro, and may you as well get peace of mind through this.

It'll be alright, you'll be alright.
Aw, man. I'm sorry for your loss. *bro hugs back* ;(
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Suppose to be leaving for vacation in a couple weeks but my boss is refusing to give me the time off even though I was already told I could have it off months ago. Trying to get my request officially denied so I can take it up to HR but they just keep giving me the runaround. They don't want to give me the time off but nobody wants to be responsible for officially denying me the time off either. Everything is already bought and paid for and most of it is non-refundable.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

LSD Jellyfish

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:32 pm Suppose to be leaving for vacation in a couple weeks but my boss is refusing to give me the time off even though I was already told I could have it off months ago. Trying to get my request officially denied so I can take it up to HR but they just keep giving me the runaround. They don't want to give me the time off but nobody wants to be responsible for officially denying me the time off either. Everything is already bought and paid for and most of it is non-refundable.
That's the type of nightmare scenario where I'd consider my employment, but obviously you need a way to support yourself so easier said than done. In the future though if you have an emergency or something more important, just remember this and don't feel bad if you have to abruptly quit or get poop done.
Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Thing is I've been here 15 years and never had this problem before.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Thank God that's taken care of.

Voyager
Futurian

Post by Voyager »

It was the coldest June day in Sydney for 37 years yesterday. Now I have a cold. My throat is sore and my nose is sniffly. Last night was one of the worst nights I’ve had in a while.
We'll meet again
Don't know where
Don't know when
But I know we'll meet again some sunny day…

Beast Blood
Interpol Agent

Post by Beast Blood »

Got screamed at and threatened by an angry old man because I went in the wrong area on my bike. I couldn't see any indications anywhere telling me I even was in the wrong place. Wish this dang stuff was made clearer.
Last edited by Beast Blood on Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Breakdown
Xilien Halfling

Post by Breakdown »

Today I learned about Megaloceros, and I thought the name sounded cool as hell, but when I went to google pictures of it, it turned out to be a skreeonking deer. Imagine my disappointment.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

NSZ
E.S.P.Spy

Post by NSZ »

Breakdown wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:14 pm Today I learned about Megaloceros, and I thought the name sounded cool as hell, but when I went to google pictures of it, it turned out to be a skreeonking deer. Imagine my disappointment.
A deer larger than the moose.

Now think about how dangerous moose are.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

A NECA Alien I ordered came in today! A clamshell original too!

......motherskreeonker snapped at the right arm and left foot almost instantly after I took him out.

44 dollars, right down the skreeonking drain.

They could talk to each other?

To a degree we never imagined......

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:22 pm A NECA Alien I ordered came in today! A clamshell original too!

......motherskreeonker snapped at the right arm and left foot almost instantly after I took him out.

44 dollars, right down the skreeonking drain.
This is why I've reluctantly decided not to buy NECA toys anymore. As much as I've liked their Predators, there have been just enough incidents of breakage from using the toy's most basic features that I've called it quits. They list their goods as "non durable". Not even joking.
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So then Worf suddenly has a purple space bazooka...

JAGzilla
Keizer

Post by JAGzilla »

Breakdown wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:14 pm Today I learned about Megaloceros, and I thought the name sounded cool as hell, but when I went to google pictures of it, it turned out to be a skreeonking deer. Imagine my disappointment.
This is the worst post I've seen in a long time. You're officially a bad person now.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

You don't live in an area populated by moose, do you?
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Terasawa wrote: "Sure he hates women, people of color, and LGBTQ people, but at least he hates Disney Star Wars too."
Mosura ya Mosura
Dongan kasakuyan indo muu
Rusuto uiraandoa, hanba hanbamuyan, randa banunradan
Tounjukanraa
Kasaku yaanmu

SoggyNoodles2016

Hey, give him a break, at least moose didn't go extinct from their antlers getting stuck in trees.

but yeah, Megaloceros is pretty neat. Not super neat, maybe like 6 out of 10 on the "underrated Cenozoic Megafauna" scale, but it's neat.

SoggyNoodles2016

Finally going to bed after a shitty work day and finding out apparently, for like the THIRD time I can recall, some assholes are spreading around a skreeonking video of gore on sites to "shock" people, mainly children.

Just....what the skreeonk.

What makes people do this poop.

I'm skreeonking disgusted and going to bed just...disappointed in humanity. Just avoid any videos called DuckPack 51 with the thumbnail of a girl dancing. PSA for yall.